PDA

View Full Version : Ted Vandermeer

Rattlesnake
10-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Two games in a row not in the lineup. What's up with that?

SectionNDeserter
10-28-2006, 10:49 PM
Two games in a row not in the lineup. What's up with that?Rumour has it that a trade is afoot....

Rebel66
10-28-2006, 11:11 PM
Rumour has it that a trade is afoot....

Hmm, Seattle lost a 20 year old recently, who's from this area........

SectionNDeserter
10-28-2006, 11:18 PM
Yeah, that is the rumour I have been hearing.

Rebel66
10-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Yeah, that is the rumour I have been hearing.

I like Teddy but Pess would likely bring a lot more to the team right now. When I heard that he'd quit on the TBirds I wondered whether Sutter would try and acquire him and Teddy was the only player who would work going the other way. No way was he going to get rid of Henry and, of course, Moore has only just got here.

Lethbridge still seemed the obvious destination though especially since they only have two 20's and are a former team. Perhaps the player wants to play real close to home and for a potential contender. I guess we'll see.......

Shinyshoes
10-29-2006, 12:31 AM
Just to be fair, Ted is sick. I have a good source on this one that is certain he is sick. He actually went with the team to Cranbrook, with intentions to play, but fell too ill to play there or in RD tonight.

Having said that, the rumor mill is running overtime with this one.......

RDRebelsfan
10-29-2006, 01:20 AM
I remember when I went to the game against Calgary on Tuesday, two guys in front of me I over heard talking about Vandermeer.

They figured a good deal would be sending Vandermeer, Stebner and a pick to PA for Thelen.

SectionNDeserter
10-29-2006, 07:11 AM
I remember when I went to the game against Calgary on Tuesday, two guys in front of me I over heard talking about Vandermeer.

They figured a good deal would be sending Vandermeer, Stebner and a pick to PA for Thelen.I like this one as well, they can have Cann too! ;)

Tinner
10-29-2006, 09:47 AM
To be honest, I think Teddy brings alot more to the table than Moore. Certainly Pess may bring skill to the Rebs, but not at the risk of loosing Vandy.
It poses a tough decision by Sutter, if the rumor has any merit.

SectionNDeserter
10-29-2006, 10:35 AM
If Vandermeer does bring more to the team than Moore, it is certainly all in the dressing room (at least judging by his points and +/-). I would like to see Vandermeer get traded for the fact that he gives it his all every shift, and probably deserves to be playing on the 1st or 2nd line on a team, rather than the 3rd and 4th line like he is now (and I don't see him cracking the top 2 lines on the Rebels this year).

Rebel66
10-29-2006, 11:07 AM
I'm a big admirer of Teddy but, honestly, Dustin Moore is only going to get better as he gains his feet in this league. I noticed that Moore has already worn a letter (in Cranbrook) which speaks volumes to me about how Sutter views him. Teddy, at this stage, deserves more playing time but isn't likely going to receive it in Red Deer now. Pess would bring add a further dimension to the team and I have a feeling that Sutter might see this season as the season to go for it all since the elite Euros are only here this year.

I have to say though that I would be sad to see Teddy go, if this rumour has any merit.

Dwight Schrute
10-29-2006, 12:38 PM

They figured a good deal would be sending Vandermeer, Stebner and a pick to PA for Thelen.
i know thelen was being shopped when he was sent down to pa, so gm's including sutter know clark's asking price. apparantly everett is still interested though.
as far as stebner who is he ?

Rebels30
10-29-2006, 02:39 PM
I would hate to see teddy get traded ... he works hard almost every shift he gets and he obviously must be one of the leaders in the lockerroom cuz he's wearing that 'A' on his jersey! :)

SectionNDeserter
10-29-2006, 04:36 PM
He is wearing the 'A', but he was wearing the 'C' last year...

RDRebelsfan
10-29-2006, 04:43 PM
Well lets hope things work out for teddy whether he goes or stays. Unless he can really break out I don't see him turning into a pro like brothers Jim and Pete though. He is always welcome to come join his brother Joe next season and be the 4th brother tandem on the generals along with the Steenbergen's, Francon's and Smyths.

Tinner
11-01-2006, 11:23 PM
not hearing any trade talk lately, i'll assume the Pess thing is dead.

BTW, after watching tonights game, Vandy's value to the Rebs can only be measured in his ability to do everything asked of him and is one of the 20's that should stay.

SectionNDeserter
11-01-2006, 11:38 PM
BTW, after watching tonights game, Vandy's value to the Rebs can only be measured in his ability to do everything asked of him and is one of the 20's that should stay.While I think that Pess would certainly possess more raw talent than Ted, I don't think there is any real reason to mess with the current chemistry that the team has. If we were struggling currently, I think that it would be a different story.

Tinner
11-02-2006, 07:47 AM
I guess what I was trying to say is; If I were to make a trade to obtain Pess, I wouldn't include Vandy as part of the trade.

That said, it seems the chemistry is right, right now.

Shinyshoes
11-02-2006, 08:51 AM
I guess what I was trying to say is; If I were to make a trade to obtain Pess, I wouldn't include Vandy as part of the trade.Since Pess is 20, That means you would be trading either Henry or Moore. In My Eyes, Vandy would be the first to go of those 3.