PDA

View Full Version : stasiak?????any opinions ............

shushu
10-29-2006, 03:09 AM
just wondering did we get stuck with a dud.................. :spineyes:

Tinner
10-29-2006, 11:54 AM
help us out....what are you talking about?

shushu
10-29-2006, 12:36 PM
help us out....what are you talking about?

just wondering if roy is the mastermind that everyone made him out to be, it one thing to recognize talent and it another to put it together and make it work. sutter is a good example of that, he has one bad year and i able to fix the problem and move on roy doesnt seem to have that ability. so iwas just wondering if kooteney sold us a dud. lol. any opinion welome, thanks .

In the crowd
10-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Stasiuk is no dud. Alot of the success the Ice have had was from the work of Stasiuk. Most people don't realize the amount of work he did behind the scene for the Ice. I think the Hurricanes are in good hands with Roy.

Bomber
10-29-2006, 12:51 PM
He's been there less than a year. It's pretty tough to rebuild a broken program in just eleven months and comparing him to Sutter is brutal. You take the Euro connection in Starkov and Hanzal out of the equation and the Rebels aren't the team the seem to be. Sutter's NHL/Agent connections have clearly given the WHL club a huge advantage over other WHL markets (Vancouver and Calgary have also been accused of this) when players say they won't report to any one but these teams and the like.

Take those two out of the Rebels lineup and you've got the Canes.

They're in a slump and likely Dyck will take the fall first. He had them winning at the start and has to find that again. Roy has a good eye for talent, Dyck has to make it work on the ice.

If we're having this same coversation a 14 months from now, then it might have some validity.

Patience.

LHF
10-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Thank-you for that Bomber. I think some people around here expected a miracle. Almost every team will have a slump at one point or another throughout the season. The Canes are having there's now. And I believe they will come around. They just need some time. Not saying they are going to win the division or anything even close, but they will learn from all these losses, and will be stronger for it. Sure is tough to watch though. :(

canes77
10-31-2006, 01:30 AM
lets also remember that last march, we were playing brutal and had a long losing streak....then a week later, the playoffs started, the Canes played amazing, and we lost (yet outscored the Hitmen) in 6 games :) Hopefully this happens right now after this latest losing streak.

Porkchop
11-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Roy was an assistant with the ice. Make no mistake, Chenny runs the show. Roy is a good scout but he had lots of good help while with the ice. The jury is out on roy as a gm. One has to wonder about his choices regarding the coaching staff. Dyck and his close buddy are not proven coaches and have shown nothing so we shall see.

taylor0017
11-01-2006, 01:08 PM
Was Dyck really his choice as coach ...don't think so . Dyck and Mcnaughton go way back to Minor Hockey days ......I really don't think Dyck will last . Roy will.....we may need to go in yet another direction ....