PDA

View Full Version : W'kings eye 1st place...

Triton
02-20-2005, 01:12 PM
The Brandon Wheat Kings will have their sights on top spot in the Western Hockey League's Eastern Division when they take to the Keystone Centre ice Sunday night to meet the visiting Moose Jaw Warriors.

After trailing front running Saskatoon for the entire season, the Wheat Kings finally pulled even with the Blades Saturday night with a convincing 6-1 victory over the visiting Prince Albert Raiders. That win, coupled with Saskatoon's 6-3 loss to the Tigers in Medicine Hat, leaves both clubs sitting atop the division with 72 points each. The Wheat Kings, however, do have two games in hand.

While Brandon hosts the Warriors tonight, the Blades will close out a mini 2-game Alberta road trip in Calgary against the Hitmen at the Pengrowth Saddlecome. A Brandon victory and a Blades loss will leave the Wheat Kings sitting all alone in first place for the first time since the opening weekend of the regular season when they swept a home and home series with Regina.

All star right-winger Eric Fehr led the Wheat Kings last night, scoring his league leading 44th and 45th goals of the season to regain the WHL scoring lead with 80 points. The Washington Capitals' first round draft choice is one point ahead of Colton Yellow Horn of the Lethbridge Hurricanes.

As for the Warriors, they enter tonight's game having won back to back games against the Regina Pats to move into sole posession of the fourth and final playoff spot in the Eastern Division. Last night's 7-2 win at the "Crushed Can" in Moose Jaw pushed the Warriors three points ahead of the Pats, who begin a three game in five night series with Brandon on Wednesday night at Winnipeg's MTS Centre.

Fight Guy
02-20-2005, 09:04 PM
Looks like Moose Jaw pulled Pats. The Wheat Kings score 6 goals in 12:34 in the 3rd period to come back from being down 3-1 and win 7-3.

Brandon now tied for 1st, but if it came down to it, they have 1st place for they have 2 more wins than S'toon.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-20-2005, 09:53 PM
I am very cofident that the Blades will regain that lead they had and maintain it because of the way they played in Calgary today. I think it was because Lorne Molleken juggled the line combinations,(that is what did the trick i think) I was really hopin for the Pats to make it to the Playoffs.

Blades 4 Life!
02-22-2005, 05:33 PM
The Blades will hold on to top spot in there division. After the Calgary Hitman game, the blades have shown that they are a playoff team and there defense have picked there game up to. they were more physical in the hitman game than they were in the last couple of games. when the blades play the wheat kings on the 1st and 2nd both teams will come out as hard as they can. there will be alot of fights. but i predict that the blades will come out victorious in both games. the season end standing will come down to the 2 final games. if brandon wins them they will be 1st, if blades win them blades will be 1st but if they go one and one it will go down to the very last game of the season.