PDA

View Full Version : Round One

scamperdog
10-30-2006, 11:53 PM
BLAZERS HOST COUGARS ON FRIDAY

The Kamloops Blazers open the month of November with a key divisional matchup against the Prince George Cougars.

The Blazers wrapped up October by winning two in a row to finish the month with an 8-2-1-1 record. In October, the Blazers won 8 of 10, won five straight at home, and pushed their record to 9-4-1-1 to sit in second place in the BC Division.

Friday's game will be the first of a 10-game season series between the two clubs. The Blazers were 4-5-0-1 against the Cougars a year ago...a series which for two years running has determined who has made the playoffs in the BC Division and who has missed out.

After 15 games, here are the Blazers' top five scorers:

GP G A PTS
19 Brock Nixon 15 10 7 17
17 Juuso Puustinen* 15 7 8 15
28 Ray Macias 15 7 8 15
34 Reid Jorgensen 15 5 8 13
14 Travis Dunstall 12 3 7 10

The Cougars, who will play a midweek game against Brandon before coming to Kamloops, have gotten off to a 5-7-0-2 start for third place in the division. After suffering through a rash of injuries early this season, the Cougars will roll in with a deep forward corps.

They are led by veterans Jared Walker, Eric Hunter, Brett Robertson, Nick Drazenovic, and newcomer Devin Setoguchi up front. Ty Wishart and Vladimir Mihalik head up the blueline while Real Cyr is the go-to guy in goal.

After Friday, these two teams won't play again until the Blazers head to PG for a doubleheader right before the Christmas break.

www.blazerhockey.com

KBF
10-31-2006, 01:51 PM
Talk about bunk scheduling. Hopefully the boys will show the Cougerattes why theey are the better team and why the Cougarettes will be eating their dust all year. Overated, pretty on paper team.

Sput
10-31-2006, 03:18 PM
Yep, it sure is a lousey schedule when the Cougars play 3 of their first 6 games against Vancouver, then do a Central swing, and not play their closest rival until November.

Should be a good game, and I expect to see/hear lots of emotion from these two teams. Kamloops has been playing real well as a team and gitting it done. The Cougars on the other hand haven't been playing as a team at all to start off this season, and now with an almost entirely healthy lineup, they seem to have been putting their game back in order.

I'd love to come down and watch it with you guys, but I have my own team to help coach, so the kid takes priority over the Cats. Maybe I'll see a couple of ya up here when the Blazers find their way North later on.

scamperdog
11-04-2006, 12:00 AM
I have to say that had to be the dullest hockey game I have been to in a very long time.
The Blazers came out strong in the first period, scoring 3 goals against what I can only say looked like a very disgruntle PG team, PG came back with two goals in the second in a feeble attempt to get back into the game, I really think the Blazers were very bored and decided to sit on the lead. The third period was maybe the best of the night with the Blazers going up by two then PG scoring to make it interesting than the Blazers put the game away.
I would say that the best PG player on the night was Cyr, making some good stops to keep them in the game, as for the rest of the PG team, I would say they have major problems, the defence looked average at best, the offence? what offence? there so called star players look very average or below that, they show no leadership, no emotion, zip on everything,
One can only hope they somehow turn there season around for the sake of SPUT and the few PG fans left.
Scoring
1. KAM Jorgensen, (6) (Macias, Delaronde), 3:28
1. KAM Rohac, (3) (Stretch, Ellerby), 10:40 (PP)
1. KAM Shattock, (1) (Schmermund), 18:19
2. P.G Setoguchi, (2) (Walker, Robertson), 15:13
2. P.G Wishart, (3) (Hunter), 18:21
3. KAM Mason, (5) (Bartley), 12:39
3. P.G Drazenovic, (2) (Tyrell, Wishart), 15:58 (PP)
3. KAM Jorgensen, (7) (Puustinen, Macias), 16:58 (PP)
Penelties
1 - P.G Setoguchi, 4:49 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
1 - KAM White, 6:37 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)
1 - P.G Hunt, 9:02 - Interference , 2 min (PP)
1 - P.G Setoguchi, 12:21 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)
2 - KAM Stretch, 2:31 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
2 - KAM Bender, 19:32 - Holding , 2 min (PP)
2 - KAM Bender, 20:00 - Unsportsmanlike Cnd. , 2 min (PP)
3 - P.G Wishart, 3:27 - Interference , 2 min (PP)
3 - KAM Butler, 15:01 - Delay of Game , 2 min (PP)
3 - P.G Sagert, 16:20 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
3 - P.G Tyrell, 18:47 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
Three Stars
1. KAM - 34 Reid Jorgensen
2. KAM - 28 Raymond Macias
3. KAM - 7 Victor Bartley

Sput
11-04-2006, 12:36 AM
Right now scamperdog, there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Hell I think the tunnel is actually a friggin cave. Thompson is not anything close to an answer. I don't think David Blaine and Chris Angel could put together enough magic to make this team win right now. If Brodsky is serious about getting a coach that he feels can do something with this team, they need to pay the man more than enough to come here first of all, and give him as much control of what happens with the players as he wants. The only two names coming to mind right now are Troy Mick (don't know if he's still coaching anywhere) and Maxwell. Are either of them a viable option? Doubt it. I see the same thing this owner did in Victoria happening here. Give a bit of promise, only to run the whole show into the ground so they can move their franchise somewhere else to fleece money out of the town and leave again. God I hope the League is smart enough to make him sell. :burningma