PDA

View Full Version : CIS Hockey Anyone?

old_time_hockey
10-31-2006, 12:48 PM
UBC T-Birds vs U of M Bisons Nov. 3rd and 4th at Minoru Arena. Both evenings is a 7:15pm start. Don't know about admission if there is any.

Thinking of hitting up the Game on the 4th since the Giants game on the 3rd is on TV. Can always take my radio to the rink on the 4th and on the 3rd the T-Birds game is on UBC Radio CiTR.

Be differant to see some Giants Alumni skating with a different uni on. As well as the Lynch Bros. (Scott and Jeff)

UBC is playing a lot better this year compaired to the last couple. They got a split with the anual CIS favorite UofA Golden Bears last weekend in Whistler.

old_time_hockey
10-31-2006, 04:45 PM
Children that are wearing a minor hockey jersey get into the game for free.

And this game marks the return to Minoru Arena for former Richmond Sockeye Graham Sheppard.

old_time_hockey
11-04-2006, 01:18 AM
UBC Thunderbirds win tonight 2-1 with Giants Alumni with all the offense.

Mitch Bartley with both goals and Darrel May with the assists on Bartley's goals.

WTG Mitch!!!!!

I'm heading out to tomorrow nights game. Hopefully Barts can do it again so I can get some pics of him.

old_time_hockey
11-05-2006, 01:46 AM
Well that wasn't really the way the Birds wanted it to go I guess. 4-0 for U of M. 3 PP goals chase the starter Francois Thuot. He looked horrible on goals 2 and 3. Gerry Festa (Red Deer Rebels Amuni) comes in and plays well the rest of the way not allowing anything. 4th goal was an EN goal.

The ref was awful. Milan Dragicevic has a word with the ref at the end of the 2nd period and then the calls turn around a bit. Or at least he opened his eyes. I offered him my glasses many times but he didn't want them :D

The ex-Giants played a solid game and I would say they were the best T-Birds on the night. But when Bartley battles his way into the corner and gives a nice crisp pass to someone all alone in the slot, they have to at least get the shot on net. But that is the way the game went. Pretty disjointed.

So they earn a split and UBC is still 1 game over .500 this season.

All in all it was nice to be in a small barn with a bunch of noisy hockey fans.