PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Vacation??!!

AlbertaBeef
02-20-2005, 02:54 PM
What is everyone's ideal vaction?

Mine would probably nver work out, but a perfect weekend getaway would be going to Boston, to a Red Sox game where they take on the Yankees (and beat the pants off them), then to a Patriots game where they host the Colts and Peyton Manning kicks the crap out of them, and then to a Bruins game where the Flames are in Boston Gardens, and of course, the Flames win.

Tinner
02-20-2005, 05:41 PM
but to me thats a horror vacation. I'm glad you chose the yanks as who u like second to Boston but ideally............any game in Yankee Stadium, then down to Dallas to watch the Cowboys and then the Oilers spanking Calgary at a game played in Phoenix when its 30 below in alberta and 90 there.

mccabe23
02-20-2005, 06:09 PM
I'd love to be able to follow the Kelowna Rockets to all their away games in one year to watch them and see what their travel is like. It would be draining but fun. :thumb: I'd love to see all the other arenas!

AlbertaBeef
02-20-2005, 06:55 PM
What I was saying is that I would get the most satisfaction out of seeing the BoSox work the Yankees - I'm a Yankee hater and Red Sox lover!

GoChiefsGo
02-20-2005, 08:30 PM
Last week I told my boyfriend that a perfect honeymoon would be to make a trip up to Canada and watch an NHL game (and I would have to pick the Calgary Flames), but you guys changed my mind. I would LOVE to see the Red Sox spank those damn Yankees! I can't stand them, but I still think I would rather see an NHL game (not sure if I'll ever get that chance)!

Tiger Trauma
02-20-2005, 09:47 PM
Hmmmm...a trip to london watching the Medicine Hat Tigers win the Memorial cup.......Maybe I'm dreaming :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

kelownakarl
02-20-2005, 11:03 PM
probably a trip to daytona beach for some good old nascar racing to go along with some grapefruit league baseball and some march madness somewhere in the southeast.

Beaner
02-20-2005, 11:14 PM
England to see Man U play Arsenal.

Or

Seeing an India vs. Pakistan Cricket game.

aknarab
02-20-2005, 11:18 PM
i'd like to watch ANYONE beat the yankees... even the winterhawks :p

Yann
02-21-2005, 12:59 AM
I'd like to go overseas. I've never travelled out of North America.

HAF
02-21-2005, 02:15 AM
I'd like to see all the barns in the Dub. So far I'm only 1/4 of the way there.I think it make a great trip. go to all of them no matter who is playing that night.
I also want see a Flames game at the Saddledome. I've been a Flames fan forever but have never been to an NHL game in person.
Alaska Halibut fishing trip would be pretty nice too!

Jovorock
02-21-2005, 09:25 AM
The WHL arenas that I have been in is Kelowna, Spokane, PNE in Vancouver, and Portland (not Rose Garden) thats it! Pretty bad.

HAF
02-21-2005, 03:38 PM
The WHL arenas that I have been in is Kelowna, Spokane, PNE in Vancouver, and Portland (not Rose Garden) thats it! Pretty bad.
Tri, Spok , Portland(Rose Garden and Coliseum), Seattle, Kootenay.

Jovorock
02-21-2005, 04:25 PM
Forgot to say I would love to see Wrigley Stadium and Fenway Park, not that I am a sox or cubby fan. But to sit in the stands with a beer and a hotdog would be awesome.

Sput
02-21-2005, 08:04 PM

So far I've only made it to Kelowna and Kamloops, but then living in PG it takes for ever to get to any other areas. Not to mention that between my work shed and my kids hockey we haven't had a free weekend in four years :spineyes:

Flathead
02-23-2005, 12:33 PM
i was in melbourne for the australian gran prix a few years back. Wicked time!! the aussies didn't have a driver at the time, so a lot of them cheered for Villenueve(sp) and there was Canada flags flying all over the place, it was awesome. the week of partying was a lot of fun as well, dang aussies put a pub on EVERY street corner! :D

eecliff
03-09-2005, 12:33 AM
Here is our Dream Vacation this year …or should I say Honeymoon…)

We are getting married in Kelowna on Aug 13th, then doing all the normal family/friends stuff until the 15th. On the 16th we are hooking up our trailer and heading out on a 21 day Eastern WHL Tour. Our plan is to stop in every WHL city (except Vancouver & the US division teams) and have our pictures taken in front of all the arenas. If the arenas are open and we can get in for a few souvenirs from each club that would be a bonus.

Our tour will begin from Kelowna on Aug 16th and will go as follows.
Kelowna – Cranbrook – Lethbridge – Medicine Hat - Swift Current – Moose Jaw - Regina – Brandon

From Brandon we will take a bit of a break and head to Kenora for 3 or 4 days to visit some friends that came and stayed with us during the Memorial Cup.

Then we head back on the road to Prince Albert – Saskatoon – Calgary – Red Deer – Prince George – Kamloops – and will return home just in time for the Rockets Pre-Season.

We will be logging our trip and will have lots of pictures to share when we get home. If by chance we are coming into your town and you want to be involved in any pictures or know of any extra activities please feel free to contact us by email and we will let you know our ETA. (We will be looking for a 3rd person to take our picture LOL)

Thanks for reading about our Excellent Vacation.
Mrs ee.....thought it would be a great way to spend the off season. :groovy:

eecliff
e-cards@shaw.ca

Duct Tape
03-09-2005, 06:02 AM
What is everyone's ideal vaction?

I took mine last september. 2 weeks in England attending fall railway galas. There is nothing like photographing steam, and the people are great, not to mention the beer :)

Later

DT

Flathead
03-12-2005, 05:10 PM
Starting after the broncos season, the ol CCC, will be gettin some mojor renovations, so you'll be able to see some of that.

Hitman
03-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Somewhere warm, where I can just sit back and relax. Toss in some pampering, and some quality Hockey, Football or Lacrosse action, and you have my perfect vacation.

smackitsakic
03-28-2005, 11:11 PM
I haven't exactly seen the world so i can only base my comments on where i've been, but to this day, the best place is Fairmont Hot Springs in BC. Tough to beat some of them golf courses, Greywolf especially. Nice little community with excellent villas on the golf courses. Beauty!