PDA

View Full Version : Panchyson to Lethbridge

grainbear
11-01-2006, 06:27 PM
See on Hurricane web site that we have another d in Panchyson 1988 , former 1 st round draft pick ? We got him for a 7th round pick. What the deal was he underperforming or what . Please advise Saskatoon fans ?

shushu
11-01-2006, 09:33 PM
4 goals and five helpers in 40 games ,not bad for a 17 year old. could just be a numbers thing.........

Blades 4 Life!
11-01-2006, 10:12 PM
The Canes got a good D-man. I still dont know why he never played very much last year and this year. IMO i think he was like the 3rd or 4th best d-man on the team. i dont know what to really say about him, i rarly seen him play but when he did play, he looked like a good solid defensmen.

canes77
11-02-2006, 01:08 AM
Good trade I think as the Defensemen was our weakest link...Forwards are playing good and the goalies OK...I see he also played 3 games in Kootenay last season...Stasiuk must know a little bit about this player and feel he has some potential.

Chipper
11-02-2006, 09:41 AM
Stasiuk drafted him and followed his development as an 14 year old, He is a former first round draft choice of the Ice so I am sure that Roy knows his potential. I was surprised that the Ice traded a high pick like him last year and I have a good idea that the Canes will be getting a great player for a few years.

East Watch
11-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Just because Panchyson was a first round pick when he was 14 doesn't mean that translates into domination as an 18 yr old. He has proven to be very injury prone and does have a few attitude problems is what people say. He is a decent dman with he plays but lets not get carried away here. I also don't see him getting much PP time to put up pts and that is where his value is in my opinion. Ben Wright, Tomas Kudelka, Craige, Kerr, Bobbee and others I would think would play over him this year.

Shortys
11-02-2006, 11:08 AM
He was very accident prone for the blades. He was out for most of the season last year with I believe Shoulder/back injuries, as well as this year he has been out for a couple games with the same injuries. When he did play, he looked decent, made smart plays, but nothing spectacular, which is verified by his points. I would say that with his injuries, you guys will be lucky to get 35-40 games out of him IMO. I believe a 7th round bantam pick was fair for this player.

canes77
11-02-2006, 05:07 PM
I dont think we picked him up for PP time and to put up pts...I think we picked him up to stop the brutal goals against and team defense we've shown lately. His high plus minus and low point totals translates into a sound defensive player. Hopefully he can fit onto this team and improve it as a whole.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-02-2006, 10:07 PM
See on Hurricane web site that we have another d in Panchyson 1988 , former 1 st round draft pick ? We got him for a 7th round pick. What the deal was he underperforming or what . Please advise Saskatoon fans ?

Yeah this seems to be a one sided trade like most of the trades the Blades have made this season. anyways yes they did get a good d-man and we have...a second rounder.....oh.....kay a little strange if you ask me but whatever il deal with it.

East Watch
11-03-2006, 01:52 PM
If you think you're getting a sound defender you are wayyyyyyyyyyy off base. If anything in the future Todd was going to be a PP guy not a solid defender and his high +/- was due to playing on great teams last year and not his defensive skill.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-03-2006, 05:45 PM
He was caught in a numbers game,and with the amount of young defencemen that are looking to get a spot next season and even right now,he probably would not have been getting to much ice time,and (not because of his hockey skills) but because of the log jam that the Blades had on the blueline. Now he will get the icetime that he needs to improve and showcase his talent.