PDA

View Full Version : Rockets Dream Team

mccabe23
02-20-2005, 03:23 PM
What would be your Kelowna Rockets dream team? Here is mine and I didn't include any of the Tacoma Rockets players but you can......

Coach: Marc Habsheid

Forward Line 1: Chuck Kobasew, Tomas Oravec, Brett McLean
Forward Line 2: Rory McDade, Ryan Wade, Jessie Schultz
Forward Line 3: Nick Marach, Kiel McLeod, Jason Deleurme
Forward Line 4: Scott Parker, Ryan Cuthbert, Travis Moen

Defense 1: Josh Gorges, Scott Hannan
Defense 2: Shea Weber, Curtis Rich
Defense 3: Duncan Keith, Tomas Slovak

Goalies: Shane Bendera, Kelly Guard

kelownakarl
02-20-2005, 04:08 PM
Nice team.... I would agree with pretty much everything on there... No lie.

Imagine Curtis Rich and Sea Weber on D together.... Wow...

mccabe23
02-20-2005, 04:36 PM
I'd like to see the fourth line in a line brawl! lol

kelownakarl
02-20-2005, 07:47 PM
No doubt!!! 3 tough SOB's....

Teaps
02-20-2005, 08:21 PM
Head Coach: Obviously Habby....

Line 1: Chuck Kobasew, Kiel McLeod, Jesse Schultz
Line 2: Vaclav Varada, Tyler Mosienko, Tomas Oravec
Line 3: Simon Ferguson, Ryan Cuthbert, Nick Marach
Line 4: Scott Parker, Travis Moen, Dallas Thompson

Def 1: Josh Gorges, Sheldon Souray
Def 2: Shea Weber, Gavin McLeod
Def 3: Duncan Kieth, Richie Regher

Goalie 1: Kelly Guard
Goalie 2: Kevin Swanson

mccabe23
02-20-2005, 08:27 PM
Nice team Teaps! By doing this, I realize just how many good d-men Kelowna has had! I hated it when they traded Richie Regehr. Who did they get for him? I can't remember. :confused:

Teaps
02-21-2005, 12:55 PM
To Portland: Richie Regehr

To Kelowna: Kevin Young, Jesse Ferguson, and a 2002 5th round draft pick

mccabe23
02-21-2005, 01:14 PM
yes! Now I remember! I really liked Kevin Young but he got injured for the playoffs if I remember correctly.

Jovorock
02-21-2005, 02:09 PM
1-Chuck Kobasew, Kiel McLeod, Jesse Schultz
2- Brett McLean Tyler Mosienko, Tomas Oravec
3- Simon Ferguson, Ryan Wade, Nick Marach
4- Scott Parker, Ryan Cuthbert, Jason Deleurme

1- Scott Hannan, Josh Gorges
2- Shea Weber, Tomas Slovak
3- Duncan Keith, Gavin McLeod

1- Kelly Guard
2- Kevin Swanson

Marc Habcheid

kelownakarl
02-21-2005, 06:00 PM
Head Coach: Obviously Habby....

Line 1: Chuck Kobasew, Kiel McLeod, Jesse Schultz
Line 2: Vaclav Varada, Tyler Mosienko, Tomas Oravec
Line 3: Simon Ferguson, Ryan Cuthbert, Nick Marach
Line 4: Scott Parker, Travis Moen, Dallas Thompson

Def 1: Josh Gorges, Sheldon Souray
Def 2: Shea Weber, Gavin McLeod
Def 3: Duncan Kieth, Richie Regher

Goalie 1: Kelly Guard
Goalie 2: Kevin Swanson

Dallas Thompson was a D-man and only played in Tacoma so I am considering your team is a Kelowna/Tacoma one????

Teaps
02-21-2005, 06:02 PM
Thompson and Souray only played in Tacoma, so yes....Kelowna/Tacoma split

kelownakarl
02-21-2005, 06:23 PM
No Souray played only in Kelowna..... LoL.... confusing enough eh?

Jovorock
02-22-2005, 07:19 AM
No Souray played only in Kelowna..... LoL.... confusing enough eh?
Ya Souray only played in Kelowna as part of the Joel Kiwakowski trade with PG, Souray was a high draft and came here not wanting to get hurt and was a waste of coffee.

kevanie97
02-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Wow no Rob Gordon,Marty Fliechel or Burt Henderson........

Jovorock
02-23-2005, 02:43 PM
Wow no Rob Gordon,Marty Fliechel or Burt Henderson........
I went with guys that were here for more than one year, except Marach and Kobasew. They had bigger impacts in the playoffs than Gordon and Flickel.

Henderson was a good steady defensman, but not as good as the other six on the list IMO.

kevanie97
02-23-2005, 04:08 PM
I went with guys that were here for more than one year, except Marach and Kobasew. They had bigger impacts in the playoffs than Gordon and Flickel.

Henderson was a good steady defensman, but not as good as the other six on the list IMO.

How do you figure Marach or Chuck had a bigger impact then Gordon did? Gordon was the first Kelowna Rocket to score 100 points, which was about 35 more then either of those 2.

kevanie97
02-23-2005, 04:10 PM
1-Chuck Kobasew, Kiel McLeod, Jesse Schultz
2- Brett McLean Tyler Mosienko, Tomas Oravec
3- Simon Ferguson, Ryan Wade, Nick Marach
4- Scott Parker, Ryan Cuthbert, Jason Deleurme

1- Scott Hannan, Josh Gorges
2- Shea Weber, Tomas Slovak
3- Duncan Keith, Gavin McLeod

1- Kelly Guard
2- Kevin Swanson

Marc Habcheid

Look at your list, how can you say Parker,Ferguson or Oravec were better then Gordon or for that matter Varada? Thats insane but I do agree about Henderson after looking at your 6 d-men

Jovorock
02-23-2005, 04:45 PM
How do you figure Marach or Chuck had a bigger impact then Gordon did? Gordon was the first Kelowna Rocket to score 100 points, which was about 35 more then either of those 2.
I said bigger impacts in the playoffs, Gordon and Flickel's teams were out as soon as they got in!

Varada was useless his year in Kelowna, the only time I liked him was when he got in a fight and got his own nose broken.

kevanie97
02-24-2005, 04:31 PM
Did Chuck or Marach win championships? Who cares how far they went they didn't go all the way and what does there impact in the playoffs have to do with them being on a Dream Team?

Kobasew games played 15, 15 points
Marach games played 15 ,16 points
Rob Gordon games played 6, 9 points
Marty Flichel games played 6, 7 points

Seems pretty even how much they contributed to the teams playoffs, I would think it was the other players on Gordon and Flichels team (Parker ring a bell) that didn't have any impact.

Jovorock
02-25-2005, 10:54 AM
Did Chuck or Marach win championships? Who cares how far they went they didn't go all the way and what does there impact in the playoffs have to do with them being on a Dream Team?

Kobasew games played 15, 15 points
Marach games played 15 ,16 points
Rob Gordon games played 6, 9 points
Marty Flichel games played 6, 7 points

Seems pretty even how much they contributed to the teams playoffs, I would think it was the other players on Gordon and Flichels team (Parker ring a bell) that didn't have any impact.
Looks like Kobasew and Marach got more points and helped their team more than Gordon and Flichel? Did Gordon and Flichel go farther than the first round? No they didn't! You don't have to have points to help your team get farther in the playoffs, there is no "I" in team!

You knock other peoples team and you don't have the guts to name your own team, why is that? Are you scared?

JerryOrbach
02-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Skated a regular shift for the Bruins as a 18 year old after two years in Tacoma often took out opposing players with crushing hipchecks against the boards.

The Kyle you seen in the NHL was the same one that played in Tacoma.

The Rockets had alot of great players during there run in Tacoma that you could put on that team like Alan Egelund, Jeff Varga and goalie Jeff Calvertt who if Im right scored what wound up being the game winning goal for the Rockets one night.

So there is more than a few players from the "Tacoma" era that should be on that list.

tomtuttle
02-25-2005, 03:16 PM
I have been an original season ticket holder for the Rockets and have given this a lot of thought, so here goes.

Goalies- Kelly Guard and Kevin Swanson

These two are no-brainers. We had brutal goaltending for a longtime and Swanson and Guard have clearly been the best. Would have been nice for Bendura to have worked out but the off-ice shenanigans kept him from doing much.

Defence- Scott Hannan- Josh Gorges
Shea Weber- Tomas Slovak
Duncan Keith- Jesse Feguson

This was tough but the 6 I picked I think have stood out. Ferguson barley makes my list over Yonkman. Nolan was consistent and played a lot but Jesse was so crucial for the Rockets after the trade. McLeod played a lot of games but really wasnt much more than average. Karel Betik and Burt Henderson could have easily made the list. Anyone who watched Year 1 would have to agree that Henderson was a pleasure to watch and Betik-Hannan together was very impressive. Its actually hard to believe no one picked Betik. Gerald Adams was very good after coming here but just didnt play enough games.

Forwards- Robb Gordon- Chuck Kobasew- Brett McLean
Kiel McLeod- Jason Deleurme- Scott Parker
Ryan Cuthburt-Carsen Germyn- Simon Ferguson
Ryan Wade- Tyler Mosienko- Jesse Shultz

Again, some tough choices. Hard to leave Flichel, Orevac and Paddock off this list. In my view, Cuthbert, Simon, Wade and Germyn played huge roles for this team. They contributed offensively, defensivley and played aggressive. I dont think we would have done as good the the playoffs 2 yrs in a row without Simon. Wade was so steady for so many years and was always underarrted in my mind.

kevanie97
02-25-2005, 04:43 PM
Looks like Kobasew and Marach got more points and helped their team more than Gordon and Flichel? Did Gordon and Flichel go farther than the first round? No they didn't! You don't have to have points to help your team get farther in the playoffs, there is no "I" in team!

You knock other peoples team and you don't have the guts to name your own team, why is that? Are you scared?

You make no sense, if points scored aren't what count then why would you use that as your reason Chucky and Marach were more valuable to there team in your above post? Seems you are in the catagory of arm chair GM that has no idea like Teaps, who doesn't even know what team his dream team players played on LOL, rub your heads together and maybe you might get an idea that make sense LOL.

kelownakarl
02-25-2005, 05:50 PM
Ryan Cuthburt-Carsen Germyn- Simon Ferguson

How annoying would that line be? All good players, good agitators and good fighters, 3 of the most complete players to come through our organization.

Teaps
02-25-2005, 07:56 PM
has no idea like Teaps, who doesn't even know what team his dream team players played on

Oh yeah? Well......Guess what...They Played for the Rockets! Yeah...thats right...showed you up didn't I....LMAO

Teaps
02-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Ok...I tried to make that sound friendly...Obviously didn't work...And as for THompson, so he played with Tacoma...still the same organization....