PDA

View Full Version : Todd Panchyson traded to The Canes

Blades 4 Life!
11-01-2006, 10:08 PM
Saskatoon, SK: The Saskatoon Blades announced this evening that they have traded 18-year old defenseman Todd Panchyson to the Lethbridge Hurricanes in exchange for a 2007 7th round Bantam Draft pick.
Panchyson, who was acquired by the Blades last season from the Kootenay Ice appeared in 6 games this season collecting a goal and zero assists. Last season Panchyson was named the team’s Remax +/- award winner. General Manager Lorne Molleken commented on tonight’s transaction “This transaction allows Todd a chance to get into the line-up and with a great number of defensemen on our roster we had a hard time accomplishing that. We thank Todd for his contributions to the Blades and wish him the best of luck in the future.”

Todd Panchyson

January, 7, 1988 Whitefox, SK
6’0, 197lbs

Year Team GP G A PTS PIM
06/07 Blades 6 1 0 0 0
05/06 Blades 40 4 5 9 27

The Blades also remind fans that the hockey club returns to Credit Union Centre ice on Wednesday November 1st as the Everett Silvertips make their one and only regular season visit to Saskatoon at 7:05PM. That game will see the Saskatoon Blades and Western Hockey League honor members of the University of Saskatchewan Huskie Men’s Hockey team who are currently exercising the WHL Scholarships earned while playing in the league during a pre-game ceremony, in addition fans will have an opportunity to meet members of the Hockey Huskies in the 1st intermission of the game during a special autograph session. Tickets are available at all ticketmaster outlets, by calling 938-7800 or on-line at ticketmaster.ca. Wanna enjoy Blades hockey with your group? Call the Blades ticket team at 975-8844 today and start saving.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-01-2006, 10:37 PM
So that was why he was not in the line-up tonight. :spineyes: This deal is good for 2 reasons:1) It will give him more ice time,and it will help the Canes also I am sure.

there are 2 players that shall remain nameless that could have been traded instead of Panchyson. if you have watched closely enough then you would know.

OK I will stop here before I get myself into trouble

hopefully Panchyson can help the Canes like he helped the Blades.

Trav
11-01-2006, 10:44 PM
is late bantam picks? Kinda dumb that they only got a 7th round pick for him but oh well.

howley
11-02-2006, 11:39 AM
definitely could of gotten more for an 18 year old d man who has shown potential but i'm not the GM. Rumor is he didn't have the best attitude. Either way I think they could of got more for him but maybe just wanted to move him fast. You had to expect a d-man to go cause there was abit of a log jam back there and who else would they really want to get rid of. Clements and Zahn, obviously not, Ward and Funk, obvioulsy not, Logan is a maybe but no, Cole obviously not, Visnak obviously not. That leaves Panchyson as the odd man out really. Not to surprising when you think about it. I would think Ward will be the guy who is scratched the most as he has been terribly inconsistent up to this point in the season.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-02-2006, 07:53 PM
Yes foresure we could have gotten wayyyyyyyy more for him, more than a measlly 7th rounder??!?!?! yikes rebuilding for 2346 or what?

RebelsFan
11-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Don't you think if they could have got "wwaaaaayyyy" more for him then they would have? I would think he was shopped around and that was the best offer they got. Saying they could have got more for him is ill informed. You got Todd by giving up a 6th round pick so why do you think his value has gone up that much?

patsdude114
11-03-2006, 04:56 PM
what great point Rebelsfan.... hes a ok Dman nothing special i know i wouldnt want him on the pats even if it meant getting rid of Reinhart

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-03-2006, 05:42 PM
He was caught in a numbers game,and with the amount of young defencemen that are looking to get a spot next season and even right now,he probably would not have been getting to much ice time,and (not because of his hockey skills) but because of the log jam that the Blades had on the blueline. Now he will get the icetime that he needs to improve and showcase his talent.