PDA

View Full Version : Konecny/Various Player thoughts for the game

East Watch
11-02-2006, 10:39 AM
I was sitting in Section T right in front of the play and saw it clearly. I still don't know how Konecny was so hurt, it just looked like he got stood up on the play is all.

COUPLE SIDE NOTES ON PLAYERS:
FUNK-Looked lost out there for much of the game and made some very poor decisions. It was kind of funny on a delayed penalty call in the 3rd to the Tips, Clements(16) and Funk(17) were both on the ice and boy oh boy did they ever show their age trying about 5 times to get the puck up ice against Smyke and couldn't. GROWING PAINS! OUCH!

KONECNY-This guy really needs to backcheck much harder! There were a few times were he looked totally lazy getting back into the play and almost cost the Blades a couple times if it weren't for Holtby bailing him out. He does have decent offensive sence but he showed many times that he still is a 18 yr old first year player in this league.

VISNAK-Looks way to small and backs off way to much to be an effective defenseman. However he does show great and I mean great vision and made a couple great passes but nobody was home or where they should've been. Visnak will be a good one after xmas and next year.

GILLIES/MCCRAE- Both players have failed to put up numbers this year which has to be disappointing to the Blades management and coaches. However both play a very good 2 way game and are still young and should get better as the season go's on. Trust me, Gillies will be a star in this league if not later on this year, next year and the year after.

COLE-This guy will go pro next year! He has really turned his game into an elite leval for a defenseman.

LOGAN-I simply do not like this guy's style of play and I don't really think we need him and should probably add a 20 yr old forward soon from the SJHL, AJHL or somewhere that could add some offence to the club. Especially if Konecny is out for a while.

WINTONEAK, CAMERON, SKRUDLAND, CLOUD, GERIC, MACAULAY, MACANGUS, KLOTZ....I really thought Cameron played well and had a couple very good bursts of speed and plays a very gritty style and is really coming on as a 17 yr old rookie. Chris Cloud is a decent little player who plays gritty as well and skates hard. GERIC, KLOTZ are not needed in the future and I think they are just fillers. Macaulay and Macangus will be very good in the future and should start scoring more as time go's on.

EVERETT THOUGHTS:
MUELLER-I really wanted to make the drive in to see guys like Mueller, Hamill, Beach and Doyle, Ellington etc. I thought Peter Mueller controlled the pace of game while he was out there. I think he has a very good offensive sence to the game and is dynamite on the point on the PP. I think he could skate harder at times coming back into his own zone like the rest of his team does but he is unreal offensively. Mueller sure has a temper though and really shows frustration. After the Blades 2nd goal he slammed the puck into the boards in frustration. Also after a penalty to MOISES, you could read his mouth saying F*&k as he skating backwards in frustration.

HAMILL- Must have had an off game but played a very good responsible game and still found the scoresheet dispite being invisible as most good players do.

BEACH- THis guy sure knows where to go to find good scoring chances. As for the guy who said that BEach is all what Gillies is supposed to be. I would still say they are pretty simular players and will be in the future...THe only difference is that BEach plays with guys like Mueller and Hamill in his first year and gets first PP duty while Gillies last year saw 4th line duty and at 17 is relied upon to carry the whole team with nobody like Mueller or Hamill to play with. BEach is good and gritty and fun to watch.

Ellington-SHowed tonnes of speed and lead the team on the rush many times. How does this guy have 0 goals? puzzling.

Doyle, Fransoo, Thoring, Poteur- MAN OH MAN does that Poteur kid ever like to HIT!!! That is all he does. THe others were solid standing up guys at the blueline the whole game. Blades didn't dump and chase.

Shortys
11-02-2006, 11:40 AM
I agree with the Konecny injury. He just tried to get around their D-man, and was stopped with 2 gloves on the face(which probably did hurt), but nothing that should have caused a major game leaving injury. Unless the sudden jar popped something in his shoulder.

The Tips came out strong, but we kept them at bay for most of the game, kepping the shots close, BUT then there were times when they would just break through and ring up the shot clock.

Holtby looked weak tonite, misplaying the puck alot, once resulting in the Tips scoring in an open net. Funk looked totally lost out there, could not make a play, as well as Clements, he is still not confident with his own play it looks like. Both of them will be good players with more experience. Cole looked great as usual, really shows his age out there. Skrudland is another big player out there to intimidate, as well he has some skill to offer. He had some big hits, as well as an interesting face off technique, he usually just takes the player out instead of trying to get to the puck first, which was pretty funny a couple times, with the other player ending up on his ass.

One thing on my mind was the double minor on Cole for checking from behind in the last 4-5 mins of the game. From what I seen, all that cole checked was his arm, no body to body contact at all. Maybe a boarding penalty, but checking from behind??? Any other thoughts on this??

howley
11-02-2006, 11:46 AM
It looked like an unintentional shot to the head. Beach just moved at the last second, from my angle anyways. in my opinion I don't think it would of been 4 if Beach bounced back up. I don't know if it was checking from behind, not that it really matters. I was going to say boarding as well.