PDA

View Full Version : Tips vs Blades Recap from Toon Town

howley
11-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Pre Game :
Todd Panchyson is traded to Lethbridge Hurricanes for a 7th rounder in 08. Wow...think they could of got more for an 18 year old decent potential d-man. Rumor is he was traded due to attitude. Simply rumor.

1st
Tips come out flying, hard skating and hitting. It doesn't pay off for 15 minutes when the Blades take back to back holding penalties. Tips put on immense pressure during the PP with approx. 5 shots in about 20 seconds. The puck then comes back to Mueller who puts a perfect shot at the net, low and hard. Gutierezz get's a stick on it and the tips are up 1-0 on a tip...Ironic? I think not. 3 mins later Harty takes an interference call. The Blades win a battle along the boards to the right of Reekie and cycle it down behind the net. All the tips are out of position as Cole comes flying in from the point. Macangus puts it right on his stick and Cole throws it over Reek's blocker to tie it up 1-1. A nice veteran play by Cole to get his team on the board. Very nice looking PP goal.
1st per. ends 1-1, Shots are 12-8 for Tips.

2nd
Scoring comes 3 minutes in after Cameron takes an interference call...I don't really know how a guy is called for int. when he absolutely run over but who know's...Byblow does. Mueller puts a low hard shot from the point right inside the post to make it 2-1. 1 minute later the puck is fired in on Reekie. He holds onto the puck and then throws it out behind the net...but not before the whistle...Byblow decides that he needs a make up call and gives Reek's 2 for delay of game. Two terrible calls back to back! Nothing came of it.
7 mins later Holtby mis plays the puck at the side of the net. Jesse Burt picks it out of Holtby's skates and put's it in the open net for his first WHL goal. Thoring grabs the puck. Way to go Burt! Kyle Beach finished off the tips scoring with a beautiful dangle around...Brett Ward...(maybe). Then slides it between the pads of Holtby for the nicest goal of the night! Kyle Beach is how old...holy crap!

3rd
Eric Doyle is feeling the christmas spirit as he gives Blair Mac a gift right in front of Reekie. Mac makes a nice move on top of it, out waits Reekie and puts it in the back of the net for his first goal in 8 games. That is where the scoring ended to a quick paced, physical game.

Save of the night goes to Holtby on Mueller. Mueller picks up a pass from Reekie on a bad line change by the Blades. Pete streaks in on the right side fakes a slap shot from about 15 ft out. And makes a move to the short side. Holtby wins the waiting game and get's a glove on it for the save of the night.

Ryan Menei had the hit of the night on a clean open ice hit on....?....Menei had a bit of a target on his back after that as he took atleast 3 very hard hits after that!

Tips Standouts:
Zack Dailey - he had a great game! Playing on the PK and PP showing amazing speed and great sense of what is going on with the play. Took some very hard hits (which is expected when your listed at 5'6) but bounced back up everytime. I was impressed by this kid!

Tyler Ellington - I don't know if this is common but this guy is a very dangerous rush defencemen! Very good speed burst to get around guys and very good hands. I think his problem is he get's to impatient when he get's to the other end. Once he slows down in the offensive end I would think he'll put up some decent numbers. Again...very impressed by this guy!

Moses, Mueller, Thoring all had solid games.

I was unimpressed with Calla and Hamill, Calla was invisible tonight. Hamill wasn't much better. Has to be nice when a few stars have an off night and you can still put in four goals.

Lastly -
Kyle Beach...
This kid is what Colton Gillies was said to be! Size, Speed, Shot, Sense, has it all and a little attitude and diving capability to top it off. He had by far the nicest goal of the night and looked super solid all night! At this rate I'd say...he's good. He took a very hard hit in the third that looked like it may have KO'd him. I have a tough time figuring it out after I saw him take a few dives but it looked like a legitamite injury. Beach and Cole came storming into the corner. Beach tried to avoid the hit a little and Cole just caught Beach's head on the boards. I suppose that's a head shot...in my mind anyways. To most other Blades fans it did not as they boo'd and tossed pop on the ice (only 1). Cole picked up 4 and Beach was picked up off the ice and went straight to the dressing room. No one's fault.

Blades standouts
Blair Mac
Colton gillies had a great game both ways...haven't seen him back check this hard. EVER!
Brad Cole
Bria...Scott Skrudland was more than I thought he would be! Good game for the newbie.
Dustin Cameron had a good game as well.
Ward also showed what he can do...and can't do at certain times.

Konency was injured in the first and did return. He was 1-1 with....and tried to dance around him. The D-man stood him up and Konecny went down looking like he suffered one of those wierd freak shoulder injuries. Fans boo'd asking where the penalty was. The longer and longer I live in Blades'ville. The more and more I see all the Homers everyone talks about.

Over all it was a good game to watch, fast and physical. Ultra Poor to poor reffing from Mercer and Byblow.
Time up...