PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Robinson

Teddy_B
11-03-2006, 10:13 AM
I was just reading the Warriors forum, specifically the Garrett Robinson thread. It's amazing to see how much money other teams have raised so far. My question is what are the Broncos doing, I assume that the team would do something when we play them on Sunday, has anyone heard anything?

Broncs in RD
11-03-2006, 10:23 AM
I sure hope the Broncos do something. Out of all the organizations around the league we should be the most understanding of the situation due to the Bus crash. Players and fans recieved support from around the league that year. Well wishes and prayers to the Robinson family

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
11-03-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm pretty sure that something will be done for Garrett whether it be donations, card signing, or whatever our marketing guys would have in mind.

Hopefully we'll be seeing an announcement sometime before the next game on what they have in mind.

Tiger9
11-04-2006, 09:50 AM
Tigers to Donate $20,000.00 to Garrett Robinson Recovery Fund
Saturday, November 4, 2006

Medicine Hat, AB - The Medicine Hat Tigers wanted to raise money Friday night for the Garrett Robinson Recovery Fund. The team offered to match all fan contributions made to this very worthy cause and the residents of Medicine Hat and Tigers fans, once again, did not disappoint.

A total of $8,517.95 was dropped off at the Medicine Hat Hockey Hounds booth last night during the Tigers game vs Vancouver. The Tigers will match the $8,517.95 raised and will also add to the amount to present the Garrett Robinson Recovery Fund with a cheque for $20,000.00.

"When a member of the WHL community is in need of help, it is gratifying to see so many people come to their aid," said Tigers' president Darrell Maser. "We are delighted with the response from our fans and are honored to be able to help Garrett and his family at this trying time. Our organization is pleased to be able to make this donation on behalf of our fans and our hockey club."

"Medicine Hat is known for helping out those in need and our fans showed their tremendous generosity tonight," stated Maser.

"We wish Garrett and his family all the best during his recovery."

Scout
11-04-2006, 11:29 AM
Great to see you guys step up to the plate. Thats an unreal amount to help a family who's world seems to have come crashing down.

Scout

Toswammi
11-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Check out scbroncos.com
We are making a dontation before the game, as well as the fans can donate during the game

Scout
11-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Garrett Robinson Recovery Fund
NOV 5 - Two weeks ago today, the Hockey community was shocked with news that three members of the Moose Jaw Warriors were involved in a major car accident after returning to Moose Jaw from a Sunday night game in Red Deer.

Warriors forward Garrett Robinson sustained major head injuries in the accident and remains in critical but stable condition at Regina’s General Hospital. The Garrett Robinson Recovery Fund was established by the Warriors to help the Robinson family be by his bedside during his recovery. The Broncos Hockey Club, with donations from players, staff, and the organization, will be turning over a cheque to Moose Jaw captain Steven Gillen prior to the game this evening. Any fans attending tonight's game will have the opportunity to make a donation towardes the Garrett Robinson Recovery Fund in the main lobby area throughout the game. Any person that gives a donation of any amount will be eligible to win an autographed jersey from the gold medal winning Team Canada during the 2006 World Junior Hockey Championships. For more information on how to donate, please check out tonight's game program. More information will also be made available tomorrow on scbroncos.com, or you can visit the Moose Jaw Warriors official website at mjwarriors.ca.
The Swift Current Broncos Hockey Club would like to extend their thoughts to Garrett, the Robinson family, and the Moose Jaw Warriors. We wish Garrett a full recovery.

Scout

Scout
11-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Now it's time for us fans to step up to the plate. The team is doing their part and now we have to do ours. We all remember what we went thru in 86 and the Warriors are going thru the same thing. These kids are playing tonight with not only hockey on their minds but also Garrett. Remember they are playing for him. I think we all owe the Warriors alot and i only hope for the best for them all. As for me stepping up to the plate and helping the organization. Trust me they know who i am and i have always made myself available to them and if they require help then i will be the first in line to do so.

Scout

Willis on the Welfare
11-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Maybe me calling the Tigers donation a tax write off is a little harsh. Kudos to the people of Med Hat for raising $8500 and the Tigers for matching and adding.

If you want to criticize someone for the lack of effort, what about the league itself? What exactly have the commish and his cronies in Calgary done? The Broncos themselves are a charity organization. The fact one organization is making an effort to help out the kid is huge. What are the league fat cats in Calgary doing to look after quite frankly their bread and butter? Maybe they have done something I just didn't see on their web page. Does anyone know?

Ron Robison, what have you done?

Flathead
11-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Wow, wonder what took so long to announce that, maybe us few disgruntled fans had something to with it. Anyways congratulations to the organization for putting this promotion on and helping out in a great cause. Sorry if I upset anyone previously, I was just quite upset that nothing was being done. I guess I might have jumped the gun. Good luck tonight.