PDA

View Full Version : Update thread for Zahn

Tidball
11-04-2006, 12:06 AM
I saw the hit, it looked like a broken neck. This pisses me off and Cole didnt nearly get enough shots on Riley due to him beign frightened and going for the take down. Klotz is comming for Holzaphel.

Dwight Schrute
11-04-2006, 12:21 AM
whats happenned ? i had heard he was brought out on a stretcher. holzapfel isnt a dirty player in my viewings of him (very talented but a lil soft).
here's hoping zahn has a speedy recovery.

SeventhHeaven4U
11-04-2006, 01:47 AM
I was listening to the game and it was a clean hit into the boards. He was taken off with the neck brace on a stretcher as per normal procedures to be on the safe side. I haven't heard anything more, but I don't believe his neck is broken.... I hope not anyways.

I was a little upset to hear Cole intentionally went after Holzapfel right after that happened seeing that it was a clean check.

Dwight Schrute
11-04-2006, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE=SeventhHeaven4U]I was listening to the game and it was a clean hit QUOTE]
hey seventh comments like that get you flamed on these kind of site's. most say you cant tell if a hit was clean or not by listening to it on the radio

mat01800
11-04-2006, 10:48 AM
[QUOTE=SeventhHeaven4U]I was listening to the game and it was a clean hit QUOTE]
hey seventh comments like that get you flamed on these kind of site's. most say you cant tell if a hit was clean or not by listening to it on the radio

Yea I was going to say the same thing. According to the Moose Jaw radio guy it was a clean hit I guess

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Wow that looked pretty serious, I hope he can have a full recovery, Zahn is to young to have something like this happen to him, but I also think Cole did a great job of sticking up for his team. This is why he is the captain. Not because he scores goals, because he is toungh, he cares about his team, and when something like this happens hes always there to helpt out.

SeventhHeaven4U
11-04-2006, 11:10 AM

Lol.... I realize that, but the announcers are pretty fair when it comes to calling things like that and if it wasn't a clean hit the officials would have called a penalty on it (unless they choose to turn their heads for unknown reasons). Call it a "homer" remark if you like, no skin off my nose. :)

ProStaff
11-04-2006, 11:12 AM
It was a clean hit because I listened to it on the radio, wow! you must have great eyes to be able to see the hit through the radio. the hit was dirty and shows the lack of respect player have for each other. Cole did the absulute right thing to go after him!

ProStaff
11-04-2006, 11:14 AM
ya and the Saskatoon blades radio guy's say it was dirty so now what?

Trav
11-04-2006, 11:19 AM
like this. I wasnt at the game so I cant comment but to hear one of the posters above say that if it wasnt clean the refs would've called it lol who u trying to kid. The officiating in the WHL is pathetic. I've seen Blades get penalties and then the other team does the same thing and there's no call or they call a team that try's to get back at a player after that player does something stupid and only they get called.

As for Cole, I cant say enough bout him. He's been a solid addition ever since the trade that brought him here, certainly has been a very good captain for young players on this year's team.

SeventhHeaven4U
11-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Gimme a break already! A person is allowed to make a judgement based on the facts that are presented to them. There are lots of people who listen to games on the radio or online and make comments regarding what happened. I don't see them getting ridiculed for voicing their opinions!

Btw, if the hit was soooo dirty, then wasn't there a penalty called? You think the officiating is that stupid and of low quality that they would let that go? I think not. Even if you were there and saw it, your opinion may not be right. You may be interpreting the whole situation improperly, it happens. I'm not looking to start an arguement here, I read enough of that crap in the 54 Forums and am sick of all the rude and ignorant happenings there.

Have a Nice Day! :)

Trav
11-04-2006, 12:10 PM
seventhheaven, the officiating is that stupid that they wouldnt call a penalty when one should be called. You cant sit there and say that the reffing in the WHL is great.

Dwight Schrute
11-04-2006, 01:23 PM
Gimme a break already! A person is allowed to make a judgement based on the facts that are presented to them. There are lots of people who listen to games on the radio or online and make comments regarding what happened. I don't see them getting ridiculed for voicing their opinions!

Btw, if the hit was soooo dirty, then wasn't there a penalty called? You think the officiating is that stupid and of low quality that they would let that go? I think not. Even if you were there and saw it, your opinion may not be right. You may be interpreting the whole situation improperly, it happens. I'm not looking to start an arguement here, I read enough of that crap in the 54 Forums and am sick of all the rude and ignorant happenings there.

Have a Nice Day! :)
see i personally didnt see the hit but know you cant rely on radio guys opinions.

Hatguy
11-04-2006, 01:46 PM
Howmany of the above posters were at the game? I don't see how you can get on SeventhHeaven4U's case for making a judgement when none of you were actually there.

The fact of the matter is it was a clean hit. It was kind of a shoulder on shoulder or head on head hit. It was the way Zahn landed into the boards that hurt him in my opinion. Holzapfel isn't a dirty player, he just finishes his checks.

Cole should be ashamed of himself. I liked that he wanted to stock up for his team-mate, but what he did could have gotten somebody hurt very badly. Holzapfel was digging behind the Blades net and he had his back turned to Cole, Cole decided to jump him from behind and start pounding on him. Maybe next time Cole should fight somebody his own size...

ProStaff
11-04-2006, 02:13 PM
it was a tempt to injure and a lack of respect type of hit, it was dirty, he should have gotten a penalty, and Cole would take anyone of the warriors on and they would regret that they did. Cole did what a captian should do. fact of the matter if roles were reversed and it was the MJ player on the ice , we would be hearing it from you on how dirty the hit was. I just hope that MJ player keeps his head up the next time we play, because I guess a hit to the head is a clean hit!

Hatguy
11-04-2006, 02:27 PM
it was a tempt to injure and a lack of respect type of hit, it was dirty, he should have gotten a penalty, and Cole would take anyone of the warriors on and they would regret that they did. Cole did what a captian should do. fact of the matter if roles were reversed and it was the MJ player on the ice , we would be hearing it from you on how dirty the hit was. I just hope that MJ player keeps his head up the next time we play, because I guess a hit to the head is a clean hit!

LOL

You should tell Zahn to keep his head up!

Holzapfel had no intent to injure, he was trying to get his guy off the puck. Cole on the other hand intentionally attacked Holzapfel from behind with the intent to injure him. Cole didn't even get a good punch in on Riley. You should stop assuming things and learn the facts before you insult our fans.

Broncs in RD
11-04-2006, 02:53 PM
From what I am reading is that pro staff has a hard time understanding hockey, For 1 Riley is not a dirty player, When a situation like this arrives the refs and linesmen all gather to determine whether or not any of them seen it alot more clearer than the other and yes if a linesman seen it they would have called a penelty on the play if it was dirty or from behind. As for Cole attacking Riley from BEHIND SUCKER punching him oh ya and it was a premeditated attack he should face a suspension.

RebelsFan
11-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Hatguy you say it was kind of a shoulder on shoulder head on head kind of hit. So now hits to the head are legal if you use your own head to do it. I was not at the game but at this point you guys are arguing about something while the extent of Zahn's injuries are not public knowledge yet. Are you the same guys that will talk bad about the kids then feel sorry for them when they get hurt. Saying a 16 year old should keep his head up is like telling someone to drive defensively. I don't think any of you on this forum would say that Garret should have been driving more defensivly and I would agree. He was driving as he knows how. Zahn was playing hockey like he knows how. Zahn is a quality 16 year old Dman in our league. Let's show him a little respect.

Broncs in RD
11-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I don't think any of you on this forum would say that Garret should have been driving more defensivly and I would agree. He was driving as he knows how. Zahn was playing hockey like he knows how. Zahn is a quality 16 year old Dman in our league. Let's show him a little respect.

Garret was not driving the vehicle that was hit by a DRUNK driver and to bring that situation up is very low of you. As we don't know the extent to Zahns injuries yet, we do know that Robinson is still fighting for his life and may never be able to even speak again in his life or for that matter even tell who is parents are ever again. When you post please have the respect of people and your facts straight.

agent
11-04-2006, 04:10 PM
To say Warrior fans would be the same way is wrong because when Wray got a concussion against Brandon in the exact same situation , nothing was said.
The young fellow had his head down and obviously didn't see Riley coming directly in front of him. :(
The people sitting right beside me were Saskatoon player parents and were only disappointed with the fact that the play wasn't stopped earlier, as the officials ( all 4) didn't think he was hurt that bad from what happened.

I am a Pats season ticket holder so don't think I am picking sides here. I just happened to be a spectator at the game. :D

The boy simply isn't ready for the WHL and should go down to Midget for one more year . :)

Like it or not its reality :wave:

RebelsFan
11-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Your right about Garret not driving the vehicle and I did not in any way mean to make light of his situation. I just wanted people to sit back and take a deep breath before making negative comment about young players. They all read these pages we write and at times we adults should take the high road. I am as guilty as anyone of this.

11-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Do players really read these things we say?, anyways I think your right. How can you start saying bad things about someone who got into a horrifying car accident? How can you say it was all his fault? maybe im not hearing you correctly but think before you act.

Sportsfan 33
11-04-2006, 07:53 PM
I could not believe that neither of the refs had seen what I had, in preseason Smith had did a similar hit only not against the boards, and immediately the ref had his arm up and Smith was jumped by a player from the oppositiion. S'toon was angry because their teammate was carried out on a stretcher and because there was not a penalty called. The warriors or any other WHL team would have reacted the same. I also watched the highlights which verified what I had seen and Riley definately left the ice, he should be a volleyball or basketball player with that kind of height! I've known Hozy for a long time and know he did not mean to hurt him but just was playing with intensity, I've noticed alot of players leave their feet when they hit. Poor MacKenzie spent alot of time in the box for that and I feel that is why he didn't hit more. :clap:

ProStaff
11-04-2006, 10:27 PM
To say Warrior fans would be the same way is wrong because when Wray got a concussion against Brandon in the exact same situation , nothing was said.
The young fellow had his head down and obviously didn't see Riley coming directly in front of him. :(
The people sitting right beside me were Saskatoon player parents and were only disappointed with the fact that the play wasn't stopped earlier, as the officials ( all 4) didn't think he was hurt that bad from what happened.

I am a Pats season ticket holder so don't think I am picking sides here. I just happened to be a spectator at the game. :D

The boy simply isn't ready for the WHL and should go down to Midget for one more year . :)

Agent you shouldn't comment if you have no clue what you are talking about, Zahn is one of the best rookies in this league, to say the kid isn't ready and should go down to midget. All because a MJ player left his feet and did a dirty hit and almost broke his neck. Players should have more respect for each other. but they don't! Zahn is one of our best Dman and is only 16 he plays on the PK, PP and in all logs alot of ice time. Why would you send him down?

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-04-2006, 11:06 PM
At the Blades home game tonight,Les Lazaruk said on his post game interveiw on the jumbotron that: Zahn's neck is NOT broken and that he will be able to play hockey again for the Blades when he recovers from the injury. I have not heard anything about a return date for Zahn,but he needs to be 100% before he returns to the lineup.

Blades 4 Life!
11-04-2006, 11:24 PM
I think that has been the most positive post on this thread. I didnt see the hit, i dont know who to believe, all i want is that zahn recovers and comes back and play for the blades.

ProStaff
11-05-2006, 12:54 AM
he should be back in 7 to 10 days, les said that as I was driving to the game, great news for everyone involved. Great win tonight, not quite 60 min of effort but a strong 45 min thou, great win and hopefully start to get on a role.

11-05-2006, 10:24 AM
Yes Les talked to Justin Mcrae after the game and told him that he would be fine and asked how good that felt to know he was ok and Justin was obviously happy to hear it. My thoughts aslo this was a very good game for the Blades foresure their best this season and I hope for many more like this.

wango tango
11-05-2006, 05:00 PM
hockey is a physical game, injuries happen, zahn will learn from this.

my concern is where was the ambulance? every rink in the league is to have an ambulance for the whole game. apparently there is only one ambulance in the entire city of moose jaw and it was busy somewhere else that night. what happens when there are multiple emergencies at the same time, who dies, or gets their care seriously comprimised?

if the city of moose jaw is unable to afford more than one ambulance for the whole city and unable to keep an ambulance for the duration of a game, do they deserve a whl team if they cannot follow league mandates?

Beaner
11-05-2006, 05:17 PM
At the Blades home game tonight,Les Lazaruk said on his post game interveiw on the jumbotron that: Zahn's neck is NOT broken and that he will be able to play hockey again for the Blades when he recovers from the injury. I have not heard anything about a return date for Zahn,but he needs to be 100% before he returns to the lineup.

Glad to hear that Zahn is going to be ok. Get well soon.

Hatguy
11-05-2006, 08:22 PM

my concern is where was the ambulance? every rink in the league is to have an ambulance for the whole game. apparently there is only one ambulance in the entire city of moose jaw and it was busy somewhere else that night. what happens when there are multiple emergencies at the same time, who dies, or gets their care seriously comprimised?

if the city of moose jaw is unable to afford more than one ambulance for the whole city and unable to keep an ambulance for the duration of a game, do they deserve a whl team if they cannot follow league mandates?

LOL

Where did you hear that from? There is more than one ambulance in Moose Jaw. I'd say there are several.

skinnyhead
11-05-2006, 08:24 PM

What are you talking about????? there was EMT personal at everygame with an ambulance there with them as well.... i know Moose Jaw is a ***** whole but man i hate to prove you wrong but i saw the EMT personal leave thier seats and go to the ambulance outside the arena

Tidball
11-06-2006, 01:31 PM
Howmany of the above posters were at the game? I don't see how you can get on SeventhHeaven4U's case for making a judgement when none of you were actually there.

The fact of the matter is it was a clean hit. It was kind of a shoulder on shoulder or head on head hit. It was the way Zahn landed into the boards that hurt him in my opinion. Holzapfel isn't a dirty player, he just finishes his checks.

Cole should be ashamed of himself. I liked that he wanted to stock up for his team-mate, but what he did could have gotten somebody hurt very badly. Holzapfel was digging behind the Blades net and he had his back turned to Cole, Cole decided to jump him from behind and start pounding on him. Maybe next time Cole should fight somebody his own size...

Maybe Holzaphel shouldnt run down rookies? If you hit a Blade cheaply or after the play, then Cole will come after you. Either him or Klotz, You should be greatfull that Klotz didnt come after Riley. Cole taught Dasilva a valueble lesson and now Riley has been taught it too. Have a nice day.

I'm just glad that the fans didnt attack the Blades. Moose Jaw fans are known to do that.

Tidball
11-06-2006, 01:41 PM

If i could elect a "dumbest post of the year" I would use that post. Zahn isnt ready for the WHL? IMO he is the 2nd best D-man on the Blades(2nd to Cole) You think Zahn needs another year of midget? You obviously havent watched him play. I would rate 1 other 16 year old D-man ahead of Zahn. That would be the Regina Pats Colton Tuebert. Think before you post man, Zahn was a MJ Warrior AAA. Clearly you didnt watch him.

agent
11-06-2006, 04:47 PM
He should be ready for when Brandon is in town on the 24th. Chances are that Reaves will do the same thing because that is what he does ,and all he does. :D
I watched Leffler go through the same difficult transition last year in his entrance into the dub. :(

Hatguy
11-06-2006, 06:04 PM
If i could elect a "dumbest post of the year" I would use that post. Zahn isnt ready for the WHL? IMO he is the 2nd best D-man on the Blades(2nd to Cole) You think Zahn needs another year of midget? You obviously havent watched him play. I would rate 1 other 16 year old D-man ahead of Zahn. That would be the Regina Pats Colton Tuebert. Think before you post man, Zahn was a MJ Warrior AAA. Clearly you didnt watch him.

LMAO

Dumbest post of the year goes to the fellow that said there is one ambulance in the entire city of Moose Jaw. How dumb can you get when you think that there is one ambulance in a city of over 30,000 people. :laugh: :laugh:

skinnyhead
11-06-2006, 09:30 PM
Maybe Holzaphel shouldnt run down rookies? If you hit a Blade cheaply or after the play, then Cole will come after you. Either him or Klotz, You should be greatfull that Klotz didnt come after Riley. Cole taught Dasilva a valueble lesson and now Riley has been taught it too. Have a nice day.

It was a clean hit Zahn just took a awkward fall and hit his face on the edge of the boards. I agree Cole did what he had to and resond for his team but he could have done it less.... pussly?(not a word but oh well) he's tough enough not to jump riley along the boards... oh well it's done now

skinnyhead
11-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Maybe next time Cole should fight somebody his own size...

What about Grundling or Wray??? if Cole wants to fight he can fight them

Tidball
11-06-2006, 09:51 PM
He should be ready for when Brandon is in town on the 24th. Chances are that Reaves will do the same thing because that is what he does ,and all he does. :D
I watched Leffler go through the same difficult transition last year in his entrance into the dub. :(

Cole will probably be more focused on Matt SMith. They are supposed to fight due to personal reasons. Smith was scratched at thier last meeting.

Blades 4 Life!
11-06-2006, 11:29 PM
i believed that cole did the right thing. all you Moose jaw fans think he did it very unperfessional but if a player on your team did the same thing you guys would be saying the same thing us blades fans are saying. I'm not going to get into the Zahn injury but i just wanted to say something about cole. he is the leader of the team and thats what leaders do. the Moose Jaw warrior fans must not have any leadership on there team if they dont know how a captain "should" act after a cheapshot happenes or a big hit (which ever one it was) and if you moose jaw fans had COle on your team and one of your players got hurt, what would you do, booooo him when Colewould be standing up for the team.... probably not! cole is the leader and dont mess with him!

agent
11-07-2006, 07:51 AM
I don't think anyone has an issue with what he did, Its just how he did it.
Jumping on a guys back when he is facing the boards didn't look impressive. :turkey:

Sportsfan 33
11-08-2006, 07:02 AM
I could not believe that neither of the refs had seen what I had, in preseason Smith had did a similar hit only not against the boards, and immediately the ref had his arm up and Smith was jumped by a player from the oppositiion. S'toon was angry because their teammate was carried out on a stretcher and because there was not a penalty called. The warriors or any other WHL team would have reacted the same. I also watched the highlights which verified what I had seen and Riley definately left the ice, he should be a volleyball or basketball player with that kind of height! I've known Hozy for a long time and know he did not mean to hurt him but just was playing with intensity, I've noticed alot of players leave their feet when they hit. Poor MacKenzie spent alot of time in the box for that and I feel that is why he didn't hit more. :clap:
same, unlike most I can see the good and bad of both teams when ever anyone plays, I believe in hard work and fair play. Give 200% every shift!!! :turkey: