PDA

View Full Version : Wheat Kings vs Rebels

Tinner
11-04-2006, 07:47 AM
Its nice to see that the players who haven't been getting much ice time are being rewarded with more ice time as their play has dictated they deserve it. This takes a ton of pressure off the Hanzel line to preform above and beyond every night and limits what other teams can do to keep that line from scoring.

Whens the last time you've seen 2 shorthanded goals in 1 game? I would say that Vandy and Sutter (27) created their breaks with hard work and some instinctive moves.

One of the things I seen last night that has me a little concerned is the lack of a true policeman for the Rebels. I know there are guys who will step up to the plate, as shown by Lameroux, but he's not a heavyweight. Other teams tough guys can not be allowed to go after Hanzel or any of our other "go to" guys without that fear of retribution. That said, maybe Hanzel can handle himself just fine, but we don't need him in the box for 5 minutes or longer.

I'm also beginning to beleive that when Reimer has his head in the game, he beleive's he can't be beat and what we are seeing from him right now is just his typical lunch bucket everyday level of play. What will we do when he really starts playing!

SectionNDeserter
11-04-2006, 08:09 AM
Whens the last time you've seen 2 shorthanded goals in 1 game?Last time I saw that, BJ Young got one of them. ;)

One of the things I seen last night that has me a little concerned is the lack of a true policeman for the Rebels. I know there are guys who will step up to the plate, as shown by Lameroux, but he's not a heavyweight. Other teams tough guys can not be allowed to go after Hanzel or any of our other "go to" guys without that fear of retribution. That said, maybe Hanzel can handle himself just fine, but we don't need him in the box for 5 minutes or longer.I think Lynch can more than handle this job, and if he is in the box, Lamoureux or Knackstedt. From the few times I have seen Knackstedt fight, I would say that he is probably the second toughest guy on the team, but he is just more valuable on the ice than in the box.

I'm also beginning to beleive that when Reimer has his head in the game, he beleive's he can't be beat and what we are seeing from him right now is just his typical lunch bucket everyday level of play. What will we do when he really starts playing!So true, what a different player he has been after that horrible outing and the 2 game holiday he had as a result of it. Not only has he been stopping the shots, but he directs any rebounds completely away from the opposition players.

Rebel66
11-07-2006, 01:39 AM

With all due respect, what does SectionN's post here have to do with the Canes? He was responding to a fellow Rebel fan about Rebels players. I'm not sure why you felt the need to attack him in this way?

WHL Rules
11-07-2006, 04:23 AM
You were talking about a game against the Rebels and some Lethbridge posters attacked a Rebels players (Brandon Sutter) because of the name on the back of his jersey and SND responded to it. What do you expect Rebels posters to do? :spineyes:

SectionNDeserter
11-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Wow! Don't really know what is going on here, lots of posts missing, so they must have been doozies. Yes, I defended Brandon Sutter, and until something changes in his game, I will continue to. Why is he an assistant captain, and been playing on the top line for the last 6 or 7 games? Lets see... he absolutely CARRIED a Rebels team last year most nights as a SIXTEEN year old (almost getting them into the playoffs after that terrible start). He was one of the team leaders on the scoresheet, despite being more of a two-way player than a scorer, and was selected for and has represented his country (and well I might add) and the Rebels in international play. This year, playing on the second line for most of the season, and the first line of late, he has almost a point a game, and is +12. Saying those things about a player of his calibre based on one bad game (which if it is true would be his second bad game in 2 years), is utterly ridiculous and could only be based on envy or some misguided dislike for the family in general--a family who put the Lethbridge Broncos and the city itself on the hockey map.

mapletoft
11-07-2006, 11:11 PM
I admire your defense of Sutter SND. I am just curious as to whether or not you know this: Brandon's playing time is despised by his teammates in the dressing room. Brandon is caught between a rock and a hard place here however to his credit he is a great kid/teammate with a bright future. Just curious!

SectionNDeserter
11-07-2006, 11:52 PM
I admire your defense of Sutter SND. I am just curious as to whether or not you know this: Brandon's playing time is despised by his teammates in the dressing room.Like you, I have no way of knowing this for certain. But the Rebels aren't any different than any other team--I can't imagine that there isn't players on the team that think they should have more playing time. Hanzal and Starkov are probably suffering from the same problem as well. Aside from Cann, I haven't really seen any Rebels this year that are really struggling, so if any rumored dissention exists, it certainly hasn't been big enough to affect the team's chemistry.

shushu
11-08-2006, 02:25 AM
You were talking about a game against the Rebels and some Lethbridge posters attacked a Rebels players (Brandon Sutter) because of the name on the back of his jersey and SND responded to it. What do you expect Rebels posters to do? :spineyes:

thanks to your mod because everything the canes post on this site gets deleted as fast as possible.....funny how that works . ps please forgive me rebel mod..............

Shinyshoes
11-08-2006, 09:18 AM
thanks to your mod because everything the canes post on this site gets deleted as fast as possible.....funny how that works . ps please forgive me rebel mod..............Your posts were not even deleted by a Rebel Mod, they were deleted by a very well known Swift Current Fan. Your posts quite blatantly violated the terms of use on this site, and any good mod, myself included, would have deleted those posts on any board, attacking any poster.

Keep that crap off this board. If you want to post like that, take it to the White Board on Network54.

mapletoft
11-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Like you, I have no way of knowing this for certain.

No, you can know, and it is who a person knows. I agree with you that it does not appear to have an affect on the team from where we sit in the stands - and that is a good thing. I am not sure what you mean by Hanzal and Starkov - they aren't Sutters kids. Coach Sutter favoring Brandon is an issue with some of the players...so far, as a fan, it doesn't seem to have an affect on the ice as a team.

SectionNDeserter
11-08-2006, 06:15 PM
I am not sure what you mean by Hanzal and Starkov - they aren't Sutters kids. Coach Sutter favoring Brandon is an issue with some of the players...My point is that Starkov and Hanzal were highly touted prospects in their draft years, and were drafted quite high by their NHL teams, and are top future prospects of their NHL teams. Brandon Sutter is a highly-touted potential high first round pick in next year's NHL draft, the name on his jersey is irrelevant. His coach isn't writing the draft reports for the hundreds of scouts that have been scouting him the last 4 or 5 years, he is on the first line right now, because he is the 2nd or 3rd most talented player on the team. Hanzals and Starkovs and Brandon Sutters only come around every so often, and in junior you only get them for so long before they are gone, use 'em to their fullest while you can I say! :thumb: Those players can be bitter about his ice time all they want, but they are very very wrong.

3rebels
11-08-2006, 06:23 PM
Does anyone remember a young palyer by the name of Phaneuf ??
In his draft year, his Coach (Brent Phaneuf, . . . I mean Sutter) :D
played Dion in every situation. Like you say, good/great players only come along once in a while. Use them OR trade them. :clap:
Every Team in the CHL is in the same boat. If you have 3 - 4 really exciting players, the Coaches want to help them shine for draft time and to get their teams as far along the MemCup track as possible. Thats the ULTIMATE goal in the CHL , . .. . .. . ISN'T IT?

SWANSKI
11-08-2006, 06:39 PM
GOOD POINT SECTION N. There are obviously a whole bunch of other people that think highly of Brandon and like I said its not only his dad that thinks highly of him. He is put in a situation of playing with two highly skilled players as a highly touted 17 year old and for the most part people cant argue how he has done. The power Play has its moments and i wouldnt think Mr Sutter is very happy with it at times , and thats why he is the coach and has the ability and knowledge to make changes if changes should happen. I think it will happen and who he replaces who with is up in the air. Brandon could move back to the point and be replaced by Sutter, Leblanc, Moore, knackstead or Vandemeer but right now the only guy that matters says its Brandon. Paper today says only a handfull of kids played well last night so lets listen tonight and see who plays with who.