PDA

View Full Version : great game tonight .........

shushu
11-04-2006, 11:25 PM
the boy are playing well along with the solid goaltending effort from mammy.you can tell he is making a difference, plus taking some of the pressure of justin. great game boys.............................................. .. :thumb:

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Did he play a game yet? If so how did he look?

thanks in advance.

loudi94
11-05-2006, 12:21 AM
If they'd have lost that game we'd have been looking at another long losing streak. That game had the potential to be the biggest heartbreaker ever. Including the Brandon game.

shushu
11-05-2006, 12:32 AM

thanks in advance.

limited ice time though due to only one practice with the team , to be fair he looked a little shakey at first ( just nerves in my opinion) but has good vision , skates well and will probably add some depth to the blueline . he will do well when he gets into his groove.imo

canes77
11-05-2006, 02:14 AM
If they'd have lost that game we'd have been looking at another long losing streak. That game had the potential to be the biggest heartbreaker ever. Including the Brandon game.

I agree, a loss tongiht after King hit the goal post would have shattered their confidence. I know I made that bad comment about King a few weeks ago. But lately he has improved a great amount and I change my opinion to the opposite. He was the best Cane I think tonight, one great goal while not even standing up, and then the game winner inside of a scrum of several players...Great work King!!

Also, who agrees with me that Savage allowed 2 bad goals in the last 35 seconds. First he misses Farmanara getting tripped up that opened up the ice so RD could get the tying goal, then he allows the goal that maybe or maybe not crossed before the buzzer went. Could be a make up call :) Either way though, made for some drama and excitement at the end of the game.

canes77
11-05-2006, 02:20 AM

thanks in advance.

As to what shushu said...he didnt play too much tonight so I cant really say what I think of his play yet. One thing I saw is that he tried to get under Brandon Sutter's skin...good to see someone trying to get the opposition off their game. Especially the boss's son who is destined for the NHL because of his last name :D

SectionNDeserter
11-05-2006, 08:08 AM
good to see someone trying to get the opposition off their game. Especially the boss's son who is destined for the NHL because of his last name :DI'll let that one slide, since you are probably just intoxicated from the excitement of winning your first game in the last month or so :D

loudi94
11-05-2006, 08:43 AM
I'll let that one slide, since you are probably just intoxicated from the excitement of winning your first game in the last month or so :D

I agree, by no means has any second generation Sutter come close to making the NHL. Minor pro is as close as it's been so far. Kidding.. ;)
Seriously, the name may open the door, but it won't get any of them all the way. There will have to be more to it. Time will tell.

WHL Rules
11-05-2006, 09:17 AM
I agree, by no means has any second generation Sutter come close to making the NHL. Minor pro is as close as it's been so far. Kidding.. ;)
Seriously, the name may open the door, but it won't get any of them all the way. There will have to be more to it. Time will tell.
The name may open some doors but it also brings a lot of hate, envy and expectations.
Heck some scouts obviously even have a problem with the fact that the second generation didn't grow up in poverty. :spineyes:

"He's the anti-Sutter. He didn't grow up on the farm in Viking like the rest...he eats with a silver spoon."2007 looks like a weak draft class (http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=308415)

canes77
11-05-2006, 02:55 PM
I know Sutter is a good player but he will probably be a first round pick because of his family, whereas he probably would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick if he wasnt a Sutter.

Also, remeber that Hockey Canada let him play on the U-18 team last April as a 16 yr old (along with 15 yr old John Tavares) when every other season in the past 5 yrs they took only 17 yr olds.

I have nothing but respect for the Sutter family, but I just think these 2nd generation players get treated way too well compared to the average hockey player.

SectionNDeserter
11-05-2006, 03:25 PM
I know Sutter is a good player but he will probably be a first round pick because of his family, whereas he probably would be a 2nd or 3rd round pick if he wasnt a Sutter.Wow, I better let Merrick know that... I don't think he plays competitive hockey anymore, but going by your logic, if he were to pick up a stick now he should be at least a 4th or 5th round pick in the NHL draft (because of his name).

LHCman
11-05-2006, 04:32 PM
Wow, I better let Merrick know that... I don't think he plays competitive hockey anymore, but going by your logic, if he were to pick up a stick now he should be at least a 4th or 5th round pick in the NHL draft (because of his name).

I think both those Sutter boys wont go very far as they are both head cases like the coach they are way to arrogant. I was disgusted with all three Sutters Last night at the game and lose a little more respect for the whole Sutter name because of them. O yeah and the Kid breaking his stick and the blade flying into the stands at the end of the game, was just icing on the cake. I hope he gets a nice big fine. Mabe Sutter should have a little more control of his players. :thumb: But they sure do have a good PK.

shushu
11-05-2006, 04:58 PM
their dad/ uncle ,they are only doing what any parent would do 4 their kids trying to get them ahead. as for the kids themselfs ,they are young still but dont seem to shine on the ice, they are grinders like their dads, and in todays nhl it seems to lean more towards speed and talent, something both of them have little of...................

SectionNDeserter
11-05-2006, 05:23 PM
I think both those Sutter boys wont go very far as they are both head cases like the coach they are way to arrogant.
speed and talent, something both of them have little of
The name may open some doors but it also brings a lot of hate, envy and expectations.Hehe, I see what you mean about the hate and the envy! :laugh: :thumb:

Nielson11
11-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Hey Guys,

Pretty crazy weekend...4 points would have been huge, but 3 is great.

Thought I would confirm that the King goal on Saturday did cross the line before the Green Light went on...I watched on slow motion about 7 times this morning and it beat it by 4/10ths of a second.

Also as for Sutter......I ask this....why does he play with Hanzal and Starkov. From an outsiders looking in.....it seems to me that he is a kid being pumped up by his Dad in his draft year.

He has an 'A', he plays on the top line...and really he didn't impress much...infact I wonder if he even remembers the trip to Lethbridge after being absolutely demolished by Kudelka.

All that said, it was good to see Red Deer...they sure are for real.

Did anyone else at the game notice after the winning goal that a Red Deer player broke his stick over the glass and the blade missed a little girl in the stands by about a foot....pretty ridiculous.

Take it easy boys,
Nielson

SectionNDeserter
11-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Also as for Sutter......I ask this....why does he play with Hanzal and Starkov. From an outsiders looking in.....it seems to me that he is a kid being pumped up by his Dad in his draft year.

He has an 'A', he plays on the top line...and really he didn't impress much...infact I wonder if he even remembers the trip to Lethbridge after being absolutely demolished by Kudelka.Good thing the pro scouts don't formulate opinions based on ONE game that they have seen him play in, like Lethbridge fans. King and Kerr both looked like absolute garbage that can't skate when Lethbridge was in Red Deer last time, and they were both drafted ahead of Sutter in the Bantam draft. I am reasonable enough however to know that they just had a bad game (well, maybe King, Kerr hasn't done anything in his WHL career so far to justify being selected first overall), and are usually a lot better.

Did anyone else at the game notice after the winning goal that a Red Deer player broke his stick over the glass and the blade missed a little girl in the stands by about a foot....pretty ridiculous.I see players slam their sticks on the glass and ice pretty much every game--it isn't a practice that is specific to one team and this time the stick broke and the blade went into the crowd. Certainly you don't mean to tell me that the blade breaking off and going into the crowd was premeditated... He is a very passionate player, and hates to lose. Once you lose that fire and passion, and you find yourself as the captain of a last place team.

loudi94
11-06-2006, 06:19 PM
Did anyone else at the game notice after the winning goal that a Red Deer player broke his stick over the glass and the blade missed a little girl in the stands by about a foot....pretty ridiculous.

Take it easy boys,
Nielson
Unless I'm mistaken (I often am), it was a Sutter that did that.

shushu
11-06-2006, 08:58 PM
Unless I'm mistaken (I often am), it was a Sutter that did that.

you dont want to make the double or sometimes triple qoute guy mad :confused: ... it amazing how some fans fall in love with players, oh did i say amazing i meant sad that better. ps section guy or what ever you name is, they are just opinions that it ,you can put your crying towel away we will stop talking about the sutters................ :thumb:

loudi94
11-06-2006, 11:32 PM
I see players slam their sticks on the glass and ice pretty much every game--it isn't a practice that is specific to one team and this time the stick broke and the blade went into the crowd. Certainly you don't mean to tell me that the blade breaking off and going into the crowd was premeditated... He is a very passionate player, and hates to lose. Once you lose that fire and passion, and you find yourself as the captain of a last place team.

It's not an acceptable practice as far as I'm concerned. Slamming your stick isn't passion, it's poor sportsmanship. I've seen it before and I'll see it again, however, my opinion on the matter will always stay the same.

hockey4
11-07-2006, 12:25 PM
the jealuosy oozing out of you guys right now is unbelievable. Dont be upset that sutter will get drafted light years ahead of any hurricane this year. And as it was stated earlier, your guys comments shouldnt be taken too seriously seeing that was like your first win in a month (may i add inlcuding 3 embarassing scores). We played the night before, put in possibly our worst effort of the year, and from all accounts had our goalie let in 5 bad goals, and you still barely beat us. i know its tough being the only hockey fans in lethbridge, but that doesnt automatically mean you KNOW hockey. A blind hitmen fan could even see that sutter is top 5 (possibly top 3) 17 year old in this league right now. And dont bother with that Boychuk BS, id like to see Boychuk compete 5 on 5 like sutter or any other prospect in this league.

loudi94
11-07-2006, 03:33 PM
the jealuosy oozing out of you guys right now is unbelievable. Dont be upset that sutter will get drafted light years ahead of any hurricane this year. And as it was stated earlier, your guys comments shouldnt be taken too seriously seeing that was like your first win in a month (may i add inlcuding 3 embarassing scores). We played the night before, put in possibly our worst effort of the year, and from all accounts had our goalie let in 5 bad goals, and you still barely beat us. i know its tough being the only hockey fans in lethbridge, but that doesnt automatically mean you KNOW hockey. A blind hitmen fan could even see that sutter is top 5 (possibly top 3) 17 year old in this league right now. And dont bother with that Boychuk BS, id like to see Boychuk compete 5 on 5 like sutter or any other prospect in this league.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. The Sutter family is very well liked and respected in this community. To insinuate otherwise is childish. Having said that, this is the Lethbridge Hurricanes message board. There is an obvious bias towards the team. To come in here and bash the fans of the team is asinine.

PS. When a 2nd generation Sutter makes the NHL, come back and brag. Until then your opinions don't mean squat.

canes77
11-07-2006, 06:41 PM
Yes Section N Deserter, several players slam their sticks during the game...but most of the time, their blades dont fly into the crowd. Remember this in the NHL last season... "Sundin, captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs, was suspended one game for tossing a broken stick into the stands"

SectionNDeserter
11-07-2006, 06:57 PM
Yes Section N Deserter, several players slam their sticks during the game...but most of the time, their blades dont fly into the crowd. Remember this in the NHL last season... "Sundin, captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs, was suspended one game for tossing a broken stick into the stands"You and I agree on your first point, most of the time it doesn't, and it was complete chance that a piece of his stick ended up there. I do remember Sundin throwing his broken stick into the crowd last season, though I have no idea what that has to do with this situation, as that is substantially less accidental.

loudi94
11-07-2006, 08:24 PM
You and I agree on your first point, most of the time it doesn't, and it was complete chance that a piece of his stick ended up there. I do remember Sundin throwing his broken stick into the crowd last season, though I have no idea what that has to do with this situation, as that is substantially less accidental.
It's a matter of control and responsibility. Had a person been injured, you can bet there would have been serious consequences. We live in an ever increasing litigious society. A lawsuit would be the last thing a team needs.

SectionNDeserter
11-07-2006, 08:47 PM
A lawsuit would be the last thing a team needs.Would be an interesting case, I don't know if anyone has ever successfully challenged the legal jargon on the back of every hockey ticket and won.

loudi94
11-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Would be an interesting case, I don't know if anyone has ever successfully challenged the legal jargon on the back of every hockey ticket and won.
A spectator assumes the risk in most hockey related instances. I wonder though how the courts would view "negligent" behaviour causing injury. In addition to the stick flying, how many times has a player fired the puck out of play in frustration after a goal or bad call etc. The player could be in a heap of trouble.
If a linesman can be sued for missing an icing call, I'd be surprised if players/officials aren't given some inservice on liability soon.