PDA

View Full Version : Giants @ Hurricanes

rinkrat
11-05-2006, 06:34 PM
Franson has left the game in the first,injured.He fell akwardly into the boards,while being chased.They said he stepped on a stick???
Limping badly on his left leg.

Kassian
11-05-2006, 06:51 PM
I don't think he stepped on a stick. It looked like the Lethbridge player (Dietrich I believe) pushed his leg forward and buckled Cody's knee. He also had his glove on Franson's back so he did slightly push Franson.

Kassian
11-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Franson is back. Playing right now.

dondo
11-05-2006, 09:10 PM
and he scores the game winner in OT -- well done Cody

dammit I forgot this was a 4pm game and I turned on the radio just after 6pm -- D'OH!! :dead:

no recap from me tonight - I'll have to wait for Beaners and H24's to come out

Beaner
11-06-2006, 12:35 AM
and he scores the game winner in OT -- well done Cody

dammit I forgot this was a 4pm game and I turned on the radio just after 6pm -- D'OH!! :dead:

no recap from me tonight - I'll have to wait for Beaners and H24's to come out

No recap from me tonight, I had to work and missed the game. :(

Someone is going to have to step up to the plate and let us know how the game went.

Swando
11-06-2006, 01:13 AM
I did watch the game ( as much as I could) via the internet, which was so so with a few freezes along the way. Aside from telling you the scoring etc which you can get off the stats, I thought that Kraus, Reese and Watt were the king pins for the Giants. They seemed to dominate while out there.
Hay had the lines switched around due to an injury/sickness to Spenser Machachek. Franson took a tumble into the end boards and missed the last part of the 1st period. He returned to play a reqular shift but was not over played as he some times is. Watt scored a beauty on a set up from Kraus. It was an even strength goal and I thot the Giants would take it home from there.... Lethbridge kept the pressure on and scored 2 quick goals to take the lead in the 2nd. They beat our D with speed to the outside on these occassions. Watt scored his 2nd of the period to tie it up. No scoring in the third and it seemed both teams wanted at least 1 point. The OT ended with a nice feed from Regner to Watt who crossed over the Lethbridge blue liine and made a "great" cross ice pass to Franson on the far right wing and he netted the winner!!
The boys looked tired - which they were I'm sure. Hay played everyone and some a little less. I didn't see Mikkelsen as much but more of Regner.
I didn't see much aggression on the Giants part and the bigger hits were dished out by Lethbridge.
The Lethbridge telecast announcers were decent and very appreciative of the Giants talent. They offen seemed to be in awe of the Vancouver club siting the # of draft picks and Canada/Russia series player and coaches we had on the team. It was a nice change from a PG homer broadcast..(I wonder how the PG announcers are feeling lately..lol)
Sexsmith I thot played a steady game and was beat on good not bad goals. I think if this game was at home and the boys were fresh it would have been quite a different story.
Well 7 out of 10 points on their first road trip..I think they will be pleased. It is also a wake up call to see that the competition is much better outside of our weeker division.

Beaner
11-06-2006, 01:49 AM
Nice recap Swando thanks very much.

I see Machacek started - so did he get hurt/sick during the game?

Here are the stats for those that dont want to look at the whl page. :)

Notes:
Sexsmith and Maniago were the starters
Cunningham Flatters and Wright were the Giants scratches
Shots 32/31 Hurricanes
PP Canes 0/7 Giants 2/5

Goals:
1. LET Craige, (6) (Werenka), 16:51
1. VAN Repik, (7) (Festerling, Blum), 18:01 (PP)
2. VAN Watt, (15) (Reese, Kraus), 4:26
2. LET Todd, (1) (Fadden, Hogg), 9:18
2. LET Werenka, (4) (King, Bancks), 9:31
2. VAN Watt, (16) (Kraus, Reese), 15:09 (PP)
OT. VAN Franson, (9) (Watt, Regner), 1:17

Fisticuffs:
None

Official:
Russell Berdusco

3 Stars:
1. VAN - 6 Cody Franson
2. LET - 18 Derek Werenka
3. VAN - 11 J.D. Watt

N.W. Bruin
11-06-2006, 02:42 AM
That was in the first period. Than the went into Prospera and the radio gives out like usual. It least I could listen to the first period Sunday pretty clearly. Saturday couldn't pick it up much out in Chilliwack.

dondo
11-06-2006, 03:36 AM
thx swando good over-view of the game

yeah 7 out of 10 points is pretty good and we had only one loss where we didn't get any points so that helps. Sounds and looks like the Central is a tough division, and I think although we were challenged we stacked up pretty well against those teams.

Curious to see how we'll do versus Everett when we finally get to play them.

canes77
11-06-2006, 03:46 AM
great game by the Canes and Giants there tonight...im sure if Van hadn't played so many games in the previous nights, they wouldnt have been as tired and would have taken the W in regulation...once they stepped up in the third period, i thought they would have gone ahead for good...but to get 5 pts from 4 games in the central div is difficult so good job...Franson is a great D-man and should be fine, he fell into the corner awkwardly after the forechecker's stick went under his skate, he limped off but returned and played fine