PDA

View Full Version : Spencer Machacek

Swando
11-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Any news on the hockey front as to why Spenser left the game in Lethbridge? Being near or in his home town it was not what he wanted for sure. He was interviewed by the Lethbridge PBP and it was played over the internet feed during the 2nd intermission. He didn't return? G71 any news?

SeventhHeaven4U
11-06-2006, 07:21 PM
According to the article in the Lethbridge Herald he left the game due to an apparent shoulder injury.

scrunt
11-06-2006, 07:55 PM
During the AM730 radio post game show Don Hay said it was a shoulder injury, and that Machachek would be examined the next day. He was quiet about the severity of the injury, which left me with the impression at the time that it may not be too serious.

Having had a separated shoulder myself, I recall it being pretty clear at the time what had happened and the severity (unlike knee twists/sprains/tweaks which always seem to me to be a mystery as to how bad things really are), thus my assumption that if it was serious Don might have known and said. :spineyes:

N.W. Bruin
11-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Tough season for Spencer.

Swando
11-11-2006, 02:44 AM
As I mentioned in the injury thread.. I talked to Spencer tonight between periods and he has a 1st degree sprain of the right shoulder which occured during a normal body check in Lethbridge. He can resume skating on Tuesday but his prognosis is 7-10 days.

Swando
11-21-2006, 01:58 AM
Spencer started skating with the team today without contact. He will not play Wednesday but most likely on Friday. This according to Don Hay in an interview with Dan Russel on Monday Night

dondo
11-21-2006, 08:05 PM
wow that was a long time off for Spence -- I hope he can come back flying and not have to take it easy during the game.