PDA

View Full Version : Canes Acquire Pess

Nielson11
11-07-2006, 05:07 PM
In the works for a couple of weeks now.

Sterling Bear and a condition 08 Bantam Pick for Pess.

He is currently up in Fort Sask and may stay there to play with the Traders...however the Canes are trying to convince him to come back to town.

Sabes
11-07-2006, 05:34 PM
link

http://www.seattlethunderbirds.com/news/news.php?id=132

Rattlesnake
11-07-2006, 06:08 PM
Trying to convince him????

One would think they would have already convinced him before making the trade.

The Traders have a very good team. They may make a run at the Royal Bank Cup this year.

loudi94
11-10-2006, 11:57 AM

The Traders have a very good team. They may make a run at the Royal Bank Cup this year.
The more I read about this deal, it makes me think that Roy felt sorry for Russ Farwell and gave him Bear to help smooth over bad feelings. ;)
Pess is turning out to be a waste of time. He seems to be toying with the Canes. If he doesn't want to come, just say so and move on.

shushu
11-10-2006, 01:31 PM
The more I read about this deal, it makes me think that Roy felt sorry for Russ Farwell and gave him Bear to help smooth over bad feelings. ;)
Pess is turning out to be a waste of time. He seems to be toying with the Canes. If he doesn't want to come, just say so and move on.

i was going to chuck the question out earlier if anyone had hear about pess. but the more time passes with out comment makes you think that hes happy where he is. a person would figure that roy would have gotten the ok from pess before the deal was make , but like you said this could have been one of those deals to try and stop someone from looking foolish.....................

Tinner
11-10-2006, 09:23 PM
according to an article in the Red Deer Advocate, the Canes gave Pess until this weekend to make up his mind, ie play in Lethbridge or Fort Sask. (AJHL). Pess has said he will make up his mind by then. The decision is based on a few things, playing in the WHL vs the AJHL and the fact that he has family and a girlfriend in Red Deer. But maybe more important than either, is the fact that 3 good friends all play with Ft. Sask, 3 buddies that he grew up with and played minor hockey with and won a Western Cdn. championship with.

Tough choice to make!

canes77
11-11-2006, 03:28 AM
according to an article in the Red Deer Advocate, the Canes gave Pess until this weekend to make up his mind, ie play in Lethbridge or Fort Sask. (AJHL). Pess has said he will make up his mind by then. The decision is based on a few things, playing in the WHL vs the AJHL and the fact that he has family and a girlfriend in Red Deer. But maybe more important than either, is the fact that 3 good friends all play with Ft. Sask, 3 buddies that he grew up with and played minor hockey with and won a Western Cdn. championship with.

Tough choice to make!

I have heard a couple people in Leth saying Pess has a girlfriend down here and would consider playing Univ hockey here at the U of L next season. Damn, I wish I was lucky enough to have a different woman in each city. :D But in terms of hockey, if I was him, I would stay on a contending team rather than a rebuilding team.

SectionNDeserter
11-11-2006, 07:29 AM
I have heard a couple people in Leth saying Pess has a girlfriend down here and would consider playing Univ hockey here at the U of L next season. Damn, I wish I was lucky enough to have a different woman in each city. :DIndeed, there is a potential girlfriend in every city, this shouldn't influence his decision! :laugh:

loudi94
11-11-2006, 10:13 AM
Indeed, there is a potential girlfriend in every city, this shouldn't influence his decision! :laugh:
I did hear he wasn't the brightest kid in the world. Is University hockey even an option?

Jake
11-13-2006, 05:01 PM

I haven't been able to find this trade on the WHL site. Is it conditional on Pess reporting to Lethbridge?

canes77
11-14-2006, 02:51 AM
I haven't been able to find this trade on the WHL site. Is it conditional on Pess reporting to Lethbridge?

From what I've heard, I think the draft pick is conditional based on if he reports to Leth, but I am pretty sure the player we gave up (S. Bear) is definately gone to Seattle.

Tipped Off
11-14-2006, 03:37 PM
If you read the last line, it states the pick comes back...

Pess not expected
By Lethbridge Herald
Nov 14, 2006, 22:59

http://www.lethbridgeherald.com/article_4928.php

The Lethbridge Hurricanes are not expecting Kyle Pess to join the team for the rest of the Western Hockey League season.
General manager Roy Stasiuk called late Monday night to say that his calls to Pess went unanswered Monday and he was taking that to indicate Pess was not interested in joining the club.
Lethbridge acquired Pess’ rights last week in a deal with the Seattle Thunderbirds but Pess has since indicated he’d rather play with Fort Saskatchewan in the Alberta Junior Hockey League.
“As it is now, even if he were to show up (today), it wouldn’t be fair to the rest of the team to have him accompany us on our U.S. trip,” Stasiuk said as the Hurricanes prepare for a two-game road swing through Spokane and Tri-City this weekend.
“We don’t want the guys wondering now whether he is or isn’t coming so we’re prepared to move on without him.”
The Hurricanes gave up 16-year-old Saskatchewan product Sterling Bear in the deal. The conditional fifth-round draft pick they also surrendered will now be given back to the club.

Scout
11-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Pess has committed to the Traders from what i heard today.

Scout