PDA

View Full Version : Do you like where you live?

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-07-2006, 05:52 PM
I live in Saskatoon and I do like it here. In the summer time it is nice outside(sometimes too hot) and in the wintertime it is so cold but that is what I get for living in Saskatchewan,and it is punishment I guess) There is hockey here so that is awsome,and getting around is not too hard,but in the wintertime it is obviously difficult,and besides the junk and everything else that happens here I do like living in Saskatoon.

Do you like where you live?

WHEATMAN
11-07-2006, 11:10 PM
As a new Saskatonian I have to say i have mixed feeling about the city. I like the fact that there is alot of stores, restaurants and stuff that we didnt have in Brandon. But having moved recently from Brandon, I kinda miss the smaller towns, Saskatoon is a bigger city and there seems to be more crime...and bad drivers! :burningma . Saskatoon is a bit big for me. Don't get me wrong I like Saskatoon, I would give it a 7/10 living rating. But for me It is no Brandon which I would give a 9/10

Blades 4 Life!
11-08-2006, 12:06 AM
I live in Saskatoon too. sometomes i like it and sometimes i dont. i wish i lived somewhere theres a NHL team. ya there is alot of crime and really bad driver.. holy crap. i dont think i would move. it would just seem weird to move somewhere and adapt to the new surrounds. i would rate saskatchewan 7/10. the city streets really suck too!

old_time_hockey
11-08-2006, 01:12 AM
Bad drivers :laugh: I live in Richmond, BC. Home of THE worst drivers on the face of the earth. No lie, you can have 3 people in a 2 block stretch decide that they don't want to be in the curb lane any more and want to be in the left turn lane. So without using their turn signal, they will EXPECT you to let them navigate the 4 lanes to get over there just because the screwed up. OR you can have people that didn't realize that there was a turning lane. So they will block a thru lane on a green light with their left turn signal on waiting for the arrow. And if you honk at them to go, they will give you the finger. [/rant]

I like where I live. It is pretty central in the Greater Vancouver Area. And soon there will be a rapid transit line to downtown within walking distance to my house. I live close to the airport which is good cause I am a bit of a plane spotter. Richmond is pretty close to 75% asian so there is no shortage of good chinese food and Sushi restaurants. But in the Steveston area there are some top notch sea food and Italian restaurants overlooking the water. Steveston was the most busy cannery back in the day.

There are lots of nice parks to walk in. A sweet water park with wave pool. Home of the Richmond Sockeyes Junior B team in the PIJHL. But also the UBC Thunderbirds are practicing there and playing some games this year.

Lots of shopping from your typical big box stores to malls and some independant sea food, veggie and butchers markets.

Negatives: The foremention drivers, WAY too many imports with loud mufflers. And we seem to have an illegal massage parlor problem.

I come from a small town in northern BC and was really into the outdoors. So being in ths concrete jungle sometimes I miss just jumping on my mountain bike and ride for 15 minutes and have some of the best salmon fishing at my door step. But I give Richmond a 7.5 out of 10 rating.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Man I hate!! where I live. I live in a little town where you could sprint across it without even breaking a sweat. It snows terriblly here and eeeeeveryone likes country and I can't stand it. But its a god little town where everyone knows everyone and I guess I can live with it, I mean at least we have a rink haha.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-09-2006, 07:17 PM
Man I hate!! where I live. I live in a little town where you could sprint across it without even breaking a sweat. It snows terriblly here and eeeeeveryone likes country and I can't stand it. But its a god little town where everyone knows everyone and I guess I can live with it, I mean at least we have a rink haha. Thats all that really matters is'nt it?

Triton
11-09-2006, 07:21 PM
I'm in Prince Albert and although there are some things good,there seems to be more bad.

The pulp mill closing,the crime,the West is so grungy and a person just can't seem to get ahead here.I would leave PA just not this province.

If I could go anywhere else outside of the province Brandon would be my only choice.