PDA

View Full Version : Cougars nams associate head coach

Sput
11-07-2006, 07:02 PM

Nov 7 2006

Schoneck Named Associate Head Coach by PG Cougars

The Prince George Cougars are pleased to announce the hiring of Drew Schoneck (“Sh-Eh-Nick”) as the teams new Associate Head Coach.

Schoneck, a native of Abbey, SK., comes to the Cougars after serving the last 5 months as General Manager and Head Coach of the Powell River Kings of the BCHL. Schoneck also served as assistant coach in the WHL with Kelowna, Tri-Cities, and Prince Albert from 1998-2002. During his 2004-2005 coaching campaign, Drew was an assistant coach with the Las Vegas Ramblers of the ECHL. As a player, Schoneck spend nearly 15 seasons in the WHL, CIS, CHL, WCHL, ECHL.

“Drew is a guy I can trust who has the coaching abilities to turn our team around. He will command respect in our dressing room, make sure our guys are prepared to play, and will give 100% every night”, states Cougars GM Dallas Thompson.

Beaner
11-07-2006, 07:09 PM
“Drew is a guy I can trust who has the coaching abilities to turn our team around. He will command respect in our dressing room, make sure our guys are prepared to play, and will give 100% every night”, states Cougars GM Dallas Thompson.

Isn't that what he said about Vandekamp?

Sput
11-07-2006, 07:45 PM
I think Dallas has a set speach for all occassions. Looks like a winner tho...5-13-2-2 with Powell River? And the kicker is he played with Dallas in Tacoma in 92-93

Beaner
11-07-2006, 07:54 PM
I think Dallas has a set speach for all occassions. Looks like a winner tho...5-13-2-2 with Powell River? And the kicker is he played with Dallas in Tacoma in 92-93

How long untill Schoneck is fired?

I'm thinking he makes it to the trade deadline.