PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs in the playoffs?

90-91
01-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Will the additions of Mercer & LaPointe and the eventual return of McCue be enough to push the Chiefs past TCA and possibly Portland?

bcboy
01-14-2005, 06:30 PM
I think Lapoint and Mercer were great add. to the team without giving up much to get them. The chiefs are staying real close to the Ams and Portland. If they can get hot at all and put together a few wins they Have a real shot at 3rd place. The last few games that I have been able to watch, they have looked very solid. They just might be ready to make a move.

The last 30 games should be real interesting. :D

90-91
01-14-2005, 06:36 PM
I agree.....This should be an interesting 30 games.

How did Drayson Bowman look in the home game he played? I asked on the white board but never got a decent answer. :confused:

bcboy
01-14-2005, 08:44 PM
The game was tight and I only saw about 3 shifts. Not much to go on but he did not look out of place at all. I ended up catching him at 1 chiefs practice while he was up over the holidays. I have also seen him play several games in the KIJHL with Nitros.

I think He is going to be a very good player in the WHL. He has alot of tools and confidence. 90-91 you will like his style, he has good size and is not afaid to get his nose dirty. I know you like that style.

The KIJHL can be a very mean league and he has not missed a beat. He has but up some darn good #'s for his age. The games that I have seen he has not stayed away from the rough stuff either. IMO good draft pick.

Nodak
01-15-2005, 01:44 AM
Will the additions of Mercer & LaPointe and the eventual return of McCue be enough to push the Chiefs past TCA and possibly Portland?

I think they could. You would not really think so if you look at their roster versus the rest of the division. Somehow they are still in it though.

I am still scratching my head as to why they got Lapointe though. Figured the last thing they needed was a 20 year old forward. Thought for sure that they would get a 20 year old d-man from somewhere (WHL or Jr. A).

90-91
01-15-2005, 09:45 AM
The game was tight and I only saw about 3 shifts. Not much to go on but he did not look out of place at all. I ended up catching him at 1 chiefs practice while he was up over the holidays. I have also seen him play several games in the KIJHL with Nitros.

I think He is going to be a very good player in the WHL. He has alot of tools and confidence. 90-91 you will like his style, he has good size and is not afaid to get his nose dirty. I know you like that style.

The KIJHL can be a very mean league and he has not missed a beat. He has but up some darn good #'s for his age. The games that I have seen he has not stayed away from the rough stuff either. IMO good draft pick.
Great......Maybe we'll have our first power forward since Cam Severson or Ty Jones (hopefully he won't take off as many shifts as Jones though). I know that Bowman was contacted by several teams, but he had a very short list (3-4 teams) that he would play for. I don't like the elite 14-15 yr. old players dictating to teams who they will or wont play for. There's a good debate going on the White Board about Scott Gomez and somewhat the same thing, although it appears that Bowman is actually going to play here, unlike Gomez.

90-91
01-15-2005, 09:54 AM
I think they could. You would not really think so if you look at their roster versus the rest of the division. Somehow they are still in it though.

I am still scratching my head as to why they got Lapointe though. Figured the last thing they needed was a 20 year old forward. Thought for sure that they would get a 20 year old d-man from somewhere (WHL or Jr. A).
I think Speltz has always been looking for a bigger forward to put out with the younger guys, we saw it with Howarth too. LaPointe was probably the best player Speltz could get for next to nothing (6th. rd. pick I think). I agree about the Junior A route. At the deadline I saw several decent players get released.
It would have been interesting if Speltz wold have gone out and gotten Trojo. but I think that would have been more for the fight fans :D than anything else, and I can't even imagine what that guy does to team chemistry.

upper level fan
01-15-2005, 12:00 PM
I think its better that he went out and got a bigger forward. It seems like thats the problem with scoring more is are smaller guys are getting the crud beat out of them we needed a bigger guy to take the beating in front of the net so the smaller faster guys could move a little better in the zone. And I think if Speltz would have went out and got a 20 year old dman then that would have hindered the development of the younger dman because when Mccue gets back you would always have two dman not dressed everynight. Correct me if im wrong but it seems to me its more important for young dmen to get ice time for there development compared to a forward. So i think its a good move by Speltz and we will see how the do down in Tri-cities tonight.

90-91
01-15-2005, 01:36 PM
I think its better that he went out and got a bigger forward. It seems like thats the problem with scoring more is are smaller guys are getting the crud beat out of them we needed a bigger guy to take the beating in front of the net so the smaller faster guys could move a little better in the zone. And I think if Speltz would have went out and got a 20 year old dman then that would have hindered the development of the younger dman because when Mccue gets back you would always have two dman not dressed everynight. Correct me if im wrong but it seems to me its more important for young dmen to get ice time for there development compared to a forward. So i think its a good move by Speltz and we will see how the do down in Tri-cities tonight.
It's the same old thing.......park a big guy in front of the net to create traffic.
I like this trade too. After a week of practice LaPointe should be getting a regular shift tonight. Speltz didn't really change team chemisty either......the only player that left was Gillen.......so the core group of youngsters are still together.
I think the trades made this year are proof of Speltz looking at this as a re-building year.......If they make the playoffs, that's a bonus since we didn't expect them to anyway. If they can leave the AMs on the outside looking in again, that will be the highlight of the year! :)

cranky
01-16-2005, 02:30 PM
kimberley in town on jan 22 versus braves.
i'm going, i know tri is in town but.... this kid could be a big part of spoke's future