PDA

View Full Version : Yikes!...another close one

Tiger Trauma
11-09-2006, 02:22 AM
After going up 3-0, the raiders come back, and tie the game up with half a minute left to play. I'm suprised that P.A didn't score sooner, an amazing cross crease save by keetley, a goal post, ended up just delaying the regulation tie.

I watched the replay of the last P.A goal. The shooter was wide open for about 10 seconds beside the net, nobody even looked at him, untill the puck was on his stick from a rebound.

We are doing pretty good in shootouts this year!

Bryce Lamb: Keetley catches it against his body glove side.

Schlemko, used his ryan smyth/ollie jokinen modified deke again to perfection!

Matt Robertson: skated in and shot right at the middle of keetley.

Helm: Skates in and puts it stick side

This team has a little flaw in thier game right now. The good thing is that this can certainly be fixed.

When the opposition turns up the heat, we have trouble getting out of our end!

I noticed a few plays, where our players tried to carry the puck out rather than just chipping it out. Also, where a soft, or awkward pass led to a turnover.

However on a positive note, we are still managing a pretty impressive record. With injuries, and are still finding a way to win after seeing leads slip away.

Anybody else agree with me that wasden looks like he's improved 200% over last year?...Hitting, winning battles.

I thought Bretton Cameron played well, for just being called up.

bandwagonboy
11-09-2006, 11:36 PM
As soon as they start blocking passing and shooting lanes, and committing to defence they will be nearly unbeatable. This club has the potential to be a good defencive club. They are virtually unchanged from last year.

Guys like Baldwin, Schlemko, and even Russell aren't playing up to their full defencive potential right now. And the forwards aren't back checking like the normally do either. It'll all come together.