PDA

View Full Version : Saskatchewan snow storms?!?!?

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-09-2006, 11:10 AM
Is anybody in Saskatchewan or any other place getting this. These are really bad snow storms and with the Blades going to Swift and them coming to Saskatoon Im guessing one of them is going to be cancelled, I dont know how many places in Saskatchewan are getting these, theyre really bad it started Tuesday night actually, does anybody know if games are not going to be played?

East Watch
11-09-2006, 11:44 AM
The Blades don't leave until Saturday for SC, so I doubt it will be cancelled as the hwys are going to be fine by then. There is also no snow in the forcast either. :thumb:

CHtoo
11-09-2006, 12:28 PM
We don't even have a skiff down here!
It may be chilly but the weather is just fine. Trying for some excuse not to play the Broncos??? :laugh:

Shortys
11-09-2006, 01:20 PM
We had one snowstorm here in stoon. Nothing bad IMO, just the first snow of the year, and only about 15 cms. No games should be cancelled, the highways will be fine. :thumb: No need for excuses on our part, the Broncos are going down!! : :groovy:

11-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Well I agree with you on the last 4 words you said haha but Wow only 15cms in Saskatoon, the highways here are hell, you can't even walk out your front door without being covered in snow. In the past 2 days ive got 3 cars stuck in the snow.

CHtoo
11-09-2006, 05:36 PM
to be able to afford three cars! :thumb:

ummm 2 game losing streak for the Blades

rinkrat
11-09-2006, 05:50 PM
Just cut my lawn today.haha :thumb:

11-09-2006, 06:15 PM
to be able to afford three cars! :thumb:

ummm 2 game losing streak for the Broncos

There we go, corrected it for ya hehe.

Tipped Off
11-09-2006, 06:16 PM
....and were just down here Bailing some Water in the Snohomish, WA area!

ihlemic10
11-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Snow??? My lawn is Silverlake south right now. We just dealt with about 3 straight days of hard rain and wind...

Rooselk
11-09-2006, 06:48 PM
I wish we had snow! I live across the street from the Skagit river and I've been watching it fill to the brim for the past few days. Snow would certainly be a welcome sight to keep some of this water in the mountains.

dondo
11-09-2006, 07:03 PM
Well I agree with you on the last 4 words you said haha but Wow only 15cms in Saskatoon, the highways here are hell, you can't even walk out your front door without being covered in snow. In the past 2 days ive got 3 cars stuck in the snow.

maybe you need to let someone else drive :laugh:

11-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Haha man I was'nt driving the cars it was all other people, and for all you Washington guys saying, wheres the snow??? news flash, you all live in Washington, it does'nt snow much there. My mom lived in the Portland area and she said allll winter it just rained and rained and rained man it must be horrible to live in Washington and Portland I mean how can you stand 4-5 months of straight rain?

chiefgongshow
11-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Haha man I was'nt driving the cars it was all other people, and for all you Washington guys saying, wheres the snow??? news flash, you all live in Washington, it does'nt snow much there. My mom lived in the Portland area and she said allll winter it just rained and rained and rained man it must be horrible to live in Washington and Portland I mean how can you stand 4-5 months of straight rain?
it snows plenty over down here in Spokane. nothing like sask im thinking but we get more snow than the westside of washington.

CHtoo
11-09-2006, 09:07 PM
I remember being in Spokane when the Broncos were in town. The day after the game there was a slight snowfall and ALL the schools were closed! It was just another day for us and we had a lovely drive to the Tri-Cities area. The radio announcer called it the "snow storm of the century"!!
Of course. It was 2000. :p

Bran
11-09-2006, 10:58 PM
The Royals (I believe was the team) were having a hard time getting to Regina to play the Capitals. (Jr B hockey). A bunch of players couldn't make it to the bus in Saskatoon and the bus had hard time getting to Regina.

When I was in grade 11 (it was March of '03) there was this freak snow storm. There was now snow left on the ground at the end of one school day and there was probably a good 2 feet on the ground the next morning. People were very late (including my first period english teacher!) but by lunch time pretty much everyone was there. And we made fun of you guys out on the west coast, cancelling school and pulling out your snow chains at the first sight of snow.

11-09-2006, 11:32 PM
I remember being in Spokane when the Broncos were in town. The day after the game there was a slight snowfall and ALL the schools were closed! It was just another day for us and we had a lovely drive to the Tri-Cities area. The radio announcer called it the "snow storm of the century"!!
Of course. It was 2000. :p

Haha thats a laugher slight snowstorm and the schools are out. Man that big snow storm I am talking about in this thread, the buses were still running let allone the schools being out. no offence to Americans but if they ever invade us the world will come to an end because once they step foot in Saskatchewan their gunna die. I mean if they can't handle a slight snowfall they are not gunna take a Saskatchewan winter. the north pole aint got nothin on us :thumb:

rinkrat
11-10-2006, 09:51 AM
I mean if they can't handle a slight snowfall they are not gunna take a Saskatchewan winter. the north pole aint got nothin on us :thumb:

The main reason schools etc are closed after even a slight snowfall on the west coast,is that we rarely get snowfall so most vehicles don't have snowtires and the cities don't budget much money for snow removal,we just wait for it to melt.Generally speaking.
You can keep your snow shovel going,and we'll keep our lawnmowers (and snorkels) going! :clap:

Highlander_Yank
11-10-2006, 10:50 AM
> The main reason schools etc are closed after even a slight snowfall on the west coast,is that we rarely get snowfall so most vehicles don't have snowtires and the cities don't budget much money for snow removal,we just wait for it to melt.

A big issue here seems to be that so many people don't know how to drive in snow. I'm originally from Montana, so a couple inches of snow doesn't faze me at all. What makes me think twice about venturing out is the thought of being on I-5 with everyone else just casually zooming along at 60+ mph with the wet white stuff on the road!

11-10-2006, 11:22 AM
You can keep your snow shovel going,and we'll keep our lawnmowers (and snorkels) going! :clap:

Do'nt tourment me its hard enough as it is lol.

Bran
11-10-2006, 12:22 PM
> The main reason schools etc are closed after even a slight snowfall on the west coast,is that we rarely get snowfall so most vehicles don't have snowtires and the cities don't budget much money for snow removal,we just wait for it to melt.

A big issue here seems to be that so many people don't know how to drive in snow. I'm originally from Montana, so a couple inches of snow doesn't faze me at all. What makes me think twice about venturing out is the thought of being on I-5 with everyone else just casually zooming along at 60+ mph with the wet white stuff on the road!
For the record, I'd rather drive in wet snow than an inch of...not wet snow layered on top of an ice rink. But I wouldn't want to drive out there in the snow either, for the reason you stated. Most people aren't used to it and that scares me.