PDA

View Full Version : TC to televise 9 games

Tipped Off
11-09-2006, 12:56 PM
Tri-City Americans to televise nine games

11/09/06 - Western Hockey League (WHL) Tri-City Americans

Kennewick, WA - For the first time in the 19-year history of the Tri-City Americans hockey club, the team is proud to announce a deal with KVEW TV to broadcast nine Americans regular season games on over-the-air television this season. The first broadcast was last Saturday night from Toyota Center as the Americans hosted the Spokane Chiefs and was broadcast on the new KVEW "My Network" channel seen locally and in Yakima on Charter Digital Channel 280 and digital channel 42.2 in the Tri-Cities and 35.2 in the greater Yakima area.

All nine games will be available in both the Tri-Cities and Yakima markets via Charter Cable. Three games will be televised on KVEW 42 and jointly in Yakima on KAPP 35. Kevin Uretsky will call all the action and Grant Linnen will provide the color commentary.

"We are thrilled to extend our relationship with the Americans to include televising games within the Mid-Columbia," said KVEW/KAPP general manager Brian Paul. "Our goal is to grow this partnership with the Americans not only this season but for seasons to come."

"This was one of the major goals of the Americans ownership group when they took over the club and this will not only reward existing fans for their loyalty but also expose potential new fans to the club throughout the Mid-Columbia region," said Americans senior vice-president of business operations/chief marketing officer Brian Sandy.

Here are the games that will be televised:

Saturday, November 11th at Spokane 7 pm (KVEW MY Network TV)

Sunday, November 12th vs. Red Deer 5pm (KVEW MY Network)

Saturday, December 2nd vs. Spokane 7pm (KVEW MY Network)

Saturday, January 6th vs. Portland 7 pm (KVEW 42/KAPP 35)

Saturday, February 3rd at Spokane 7pm (KVEW 42/KAPP 35)

Saturday, February 10th vs. Spokane 7 pm (KVEW 42/KAPP 35)

Friday, March 9th at Spokane 7 pm (KVEW MY Network)

Saturday, March 17th vs. Spokane (To be determined)

kaniksu
11-09-2006, 11:22 PM
My memory isn't the best but weren't games broadcast in the past before? Back in the early days?

Either way, this is great. I remember in the past there were fears that this would cannibalize the attendance at the game but I believe it could do the opposite and actually get people interested in the Americans and hockey in general.

I hope they choose to broadcast the games on the regular channels as i cancelled my cable today and will be switching to directv. I'd hate to have them all on cable.