PDA

View Full Version : PeeWee Bus Accident

Tinner
02-21-2005, 09:12 AM
As reported earlier this morning on 105.5 (home of the Rebels) a bus carrying a Red Deer PW team skidded into a guard rail at the Olds overpass and flipped. The driver of the bus was pronounced dead at the scene, Only minor scapes and injuries to the passengers.

Being a hockey fan and involved in RDMH, I am saddened by this turn of events and my condolences to the family of the bus driver.

Chipper
02-21-2005, 09:24 AM
Thats very sad news my condolonces also to the family of the driver and also hope the kids can bounce back from such an horific experiance.

Tinner
02-21-2005, 11:47 AM
it was a PW B team on their way back from MH. As I understand it, only 1 player is in or was in the hospital with a minor pelvic injury. Accident still under investigation.

Scout
02-21-2005, 12:22 PM
I feel for the players and the drivers family. Went thru that in 1986 with The Bronco's. Very involved then and billetted the A-Captain then. Still remember the pain on the players faces as they came over to our house after the accident. It's just horrible to read on another bus crash. Remember when we attack a player or coach, that these guys and girls travel thousands of miles each year for the love of the game. Shows it can happen at anytime. I feel saddened.

Scout

Jovorock
02-21-2005, 12:34 PM
Very sad news, all the best to these young men and the family of the bus driver.

RDRebelsfan
02-21-2005, 03:06 PM
As reported earlier this morning on 105.5 (home of the Rebels) a bus carrying a Red Deer PW team skidded into a guard rail at the Olds overpass and flipped. The driver of the bus was pronounced dead at the scene, Only minor scapes and injuries to the passengers.

Being a hockey fan and involved in RDMH, I am saddened by this turn of events and my condolences to the family of the bus driver.

MY condolsences to everyone on that bus and hope they're back on the ice soon.

I'm sure I've seen these kids play before.

Rebels_chick
02-21-2005, 03:42 PM
This is very sad news. My condolences to the driver's family, and hopefully the kids can work through this.

Tinner
02-22-2005, 07:57 AM
talked to Marv at minor hockey and it is believed that the bus driver had a heart attack as he collapsed and fell into the stairwell. the coach grabbed the steering wheel and managed to keep the bus from going into the oncoming traffic.

I'll update as more info comes forward.

Tinner
02-24-2005, 12:47 AM
as reported, they believe the driver had a heart attack prior to the accident.

Broncs in RD
02-24-2005, 06:14 AM
My condolences to the bus drivers family and wish the players a speedy mental, emotional and physical recovery. All the best and God bless