PDA

View Full Version : WHL site now listing AP signings etc?

Beaner
11-10-2006, 01:17 PM
I was looking around the WHL site today and noticed in the transaction section the WHL is now starting to list when teams sign players to Affiliate player status.

Could this be the start of them starting to publish their 50PPL on the web?

http://whl.ca/hm/transactions.php

neutral
11-10-2006, 02:05 PM
I was looking around the WHL site today and noticed in the transaction section the WHL is now starting to list when teams sign players to Affiliate player status.

Could this be the start of them starting to publish their 50PPL on the web?

http://whl.ca/hm/transactions.php

Isn't this just the way they handle signing the 15 year olds (91's) when they are called up for some of their 5 games? I don't believe they are listed unless they play.

peatfan
11-11-2006, 02:49 AM
Right now it is almost impossible to get teh complete list of every team. I have got 3 teams (as current as I can) and maybe 40 players on the other teams. I still don't know why they keep it a secret from the public. The other teams know who is available and who isn't. Same with the CFL noe revealing their protection list. It will help the fans out so much but I guess their attitude is who cares about the fans!

Beaner
11-11-2006, 02:48 PM
Isn't this just the way they handle signing the 15 year olds (91's) when they are called up for some of their 5 games? I don't believe they are listed unless they play.

Yes, but they are also listing guys who don't play, for example, Nathan Lieuwen (G) for Kootenay.

It just looks like they are putting a lot more detail into the transactions site then in years past, to me anyways.

neutral
11-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Yes, but they are also listing guys who don't play, for example, Nathan Lieuwen (G) for Kootenay.

It just looks like they are putting a lot more detail into the transactions site then in years past, to me anyways.

He was the back-up while Dakers was out (injured).