PDA

View Full Version : Drummer at Giants Game Friday Night

Swando
11-11-2006, 02:20 AM
If anyone knows who this drummer guy was..he was high up in the SW corner...Get him back!! I thot it was one of the liveliest crowds for a non play-off game I have seen in 2 years. If any of you Giants fans have a snare drum bring it on..I loved it and I think the fans did to.

BruinsFan19
11-11-2006, 02:24 AM
Was it a Giants fan or was it the Bruins mascot? He usually brings his drum when he goes to away games.

dondo
11-11-2006, 02:29 AM
it was a Giants fan and I think he was up with all of the elementary school groups in the nosebleeds (which were packed btw)

didn't hear too much of the Chilliwack drum action ( i wonder why :rolleyes: :laugh: j/k)

Swando
11-11-2006, 02:38 AM
Was it a Giants fan or was it the Bruins mascot? He usually brings his drum when he goes to away games.

Definatley a Giants fan- started the GO GIANTS GO within the 1st 5 minutes!!

Loved it.

C.F
11-11-2006, 03:23 AM
I thought he was a Chilliwack fan. He was with the group of the Chilliwack fans.

dondo
11-11-2006, 03:25 AM
I believe there were two drummers - a pro-Chilliwack one and a pro-Giants one

Swando
11-11-2006, 05:36 AM
I heard GO GIants Go--and I'm half deaf..so I didn't hear a Bruins name...............if I am a little alshiemers however then let's get the Giants out there with a tom tom!!!

Coyote14
11-11-2006, 07:29 AM
I know our drummer was at the top of section 6 if that is the corner you are talking about. If you sat near us, it was easy to hear the Bruins chants but I'm sure the Giants fans turned them into Giants cheers and drowned us out at the same time. There were so many kids there last night! Definitely one of the funnest games I've been at.

C.F
11-11-2006, 12:30 PM
I know our drummer was at the top of section 6 if that is the corner you are talking about. If you sat near us, it was easy to hear the Bruins chants but I'm sure the Giants fans turned them into Giants cheers and drowned us out at the same time. There were so many kids there last night! Definitely one of the funnest games I've been at.
Yeah, the kids made for a pretty entertaining atmosphere. I wish the rest of the Giants fans were as enthusiastic as them!

From the other end of the arena, it sounded like a "Go Giants Go" chant. Me and a few people sitting near were all commenting on how those Giants fans up in section 6 should come to the games more often :laugh: . We didn't actually figure out you guys were Bruin fans until they scored. If I had known, I would have stopped by and said hello!

Kassian
11-11-2006, 10:11 PM
I disagree. That was extremely annoying and obnoxious. I can understand why some people may like it but I enjoy concentrating on the game without all the "other" distractions like drums and screaming kids.... :spineyes:

C.F
11-12-2006, 12:48 AM
I disagree. That was extremely annoying and obnoxious. I can understand why some people may like it but I enjoy concentrating on the game without all the "other" distractions like drums and screaming kids.... :spineyes:
The kids got the be a bit annoying at times(when their respective schools were listed on the jumbotron, that got a little annoying), but a "Lets Go Giants" chant only adds to the atmosphere, not to mention encourage the team. Don't be such a party pooper. ;)

Kassian
11-12-2006, 02:42 AM
The kids got the be a bit annoying at times(when their respective schools were listed on the jumbotron, that got a little annoying), but a "Lets Go Giants" chant only adds to the atmosphere, not to mention encourage the team. Don't be such a party pooper. ;)

It doesn't add anything to the game from my view. I am into the game regardless of crowd noise or the situation. I don't need anybody screaming in my hears (or blowing horns like the other night...) in order to get me "into" the game.

Like I said I understand why some people like it. And obviously during a playoff game or something you'd expect more of that. But again it isn't my cup of tea. I actually like to watch and enjoy the game not make a ton of noise and try to stand out. But then again these were just kids so it's expected...