PDA

View Full Version : Kisio gets mad...too little too late.

Ergo
02-21-2005, 10:19 AM
GM's patience expires after locals' limp loss
'Time to get nasty,' says Kisio

This headline is from an article in Mondays Calgary Herald. The full aticle can be read here: (http://www.canada.com/calgary/calgaryherald/news/sports/story.html?id=92ef0cac-8eb0-42e5-959b-f039a222c2a2)

This is what he should have been doing since day one of the season. It is a little late to be starting this now. The sooner this guy is let go the better off this team will be.

Hitmen1
02-21-2005, 10:31 AM
I haven't liked what Kisio has done with the team this year. I can't stand watching him behind the bench...I wish he would have let Evason have complete control of the coaching which would allow him to focus on being the GM. Its the worst time of year to be slumping and they better wake up fast or they will finish 4th. Although at this point I would rather have them face Lethbridge then Med.Hat. The game on Sat. they competed hard against the ice but in reality didn't deserve to get a point because they only really played hard for the last 7 minutes of the 3rd. I didn't make it to the game against the Blades but from what I heard it was hard to get any flow going with all the penalties.

Hitmen1
02-21-2005, 10:36 AM
The sun's view of Kisio's message:

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/CalgarySun/Sports/2005/02/21/937451-sun.html

Tinner
02-21-2005, 11:42 AM
aside from having a real problem in the naming of the Captain of the team, did Kisio have a choice. Word had it that the Flames asked Kisio to do both or resign as GM. To me that doesn't sound like much of a choice. You may have more background on that.

When you hear and read that Sutter is doing that exact stuff, and its from day 1, you now know why.....to prepare for playoffs...and the Rebels are still having some lazy games!

Ergo
02-21-2005, 12:03 PM
aside from having a real problem in the naming of the Captain of the team, did Kisio have a choice. Word had it that the Flames asked Kisio to do both or resign as GM. To me that doesn't sound like much of a choice. You may have more background on that.

I can't answer that. I'm just a frustrated seasons ticket holder.

I have had seasons tickets since the Hitmen came to town and I'm sick and tired of seeing a talent laden team under achieve under Kisio's management.

RunTheGoalie
02-21-2005, 02:58 PM
I can't say I ever heard of the Flames telling Kisio to do both jobs or neither. I'd have to believe that that is a false rumor, as there is absolutely no sense in making such an order.

That said, Kisio is an adequate GM, but a brutal coach. He really needs to just step back and let Evason do his job.

tazndevil
02-21-2005, 05:33 PM
Actually, thats the rumor that I heard.

King and the rest of the Flames front office got rid of Clarke when her asked (don't remember which) Sutter for an assistant coach job in Chicago. At Kisio's request, the didn't renegotiaite his contract.

Next, they brought in 'kisio's guy' in Kromm. His contract not renegotiated after 3 years of VERY sub par performances, IMO.

As far as I can tell, and I have heard this rumor many times floating around the 'Dome, Kisio was told by the Flames front office to do it himself.

I always thought Kromm was the problem with the Hitmen, but after watching them this year again with the same performance, its obvious Kromm was mot entirely the problem.

Don't worry, Kisio will be fired at the end of the year. I HOPE

Taz

The_Vulk
02-21-2005, 06:38 PM
I have to wonder, whom is he more mad about?

The poor play of his coached team, or the fact that his days with the Hitmen are numbered?

Most likely both, IMO.

ScottyWazz
02-22-2005, 12:33 AM
Sweet Sassy Molassy.....

Okay, this was about.....2 months late. Why hasn't he been cracking the whip all season?? Hell, I'm yelling at the top of my lungs at the games only to get odd looks and annoying my girlfriend.

The team is tired-- at least they look like it. They are just gliding on the ice and not winning the small battles. The defence isn't clearing out the front of the net or the backdoor. There are some forwards who will take the hit to make the play, some who play both ways, and some that should be up in the press box taking notes.

I think it's too late in the season for a wake-up call for this team. They have an excellent team on paper. All they need to do is to transfer all that talent from paper to the ice and they'll be golden.