PDA

View Full Version : Blazers/Bruins

scamperdog
11-12-2006, 12:01 AM
I think it fair to say the Blazers were looking ahead to there game against the Giants, they did lots right tonight and played well enough to win, but it was not thier best effort, although overall I thought it was a very entertaining game.
The first period started out with the Blazers opening the scoring with Rogers getting his first whl goal with a nice shot from just above the face off circle Mason picked up the assist. Kamloops then went up 2-0 with a powerplay by Jorgensen with helpers going to Nixonand Macias. The Bruins then came back with one of their own with Santorelli scoring on the PP.
The second period started out with Puustinen scoring in the first two minutes with a goal from behind the net and then he scored on a breakaway at the end of the period to but Kamloops up 4-1.
Third saw the Bruin cut the lead in half with a pp goal by Santorelli, his second of the night. The Blazers then went up again by three with Nixon scoring his 14th of the season, Chilliwack then answered with goal on a penalty shot by Meropoulis,The final goal came from the Big Guy Kassian getting his second in the last two games to seal the deal.
The Ref tonight was Kirk, enough said!
Scoring
1. KAM Rodgers, (1) (Mason), 3:00
1. KAM Jorgensen, (12) (Nixon, Macias), 14:24 (PP)
1. CWK Santorelli, (13) , 16:40 (PP)
2. KAM Puustinen, (8) (Dunstall, Macias), 1:12
2. KAM Puustinen, (9) , 19:04 (SH)
3. CWK Santorelli, (14) (Maetche, Kulhanek), 7:54 (PP)
3. KAM Nixon, (14) , 9:21 (PP)
3. CWK Meropoulis, (2) , 16:23 (PEN/SH)
3. CWK Meropoulis, (2) , 16:23 (PEN/SH)
3. KAM Kassian, (2) (Mason), 17:49
Penalties
1 - CWK Smuk, 10:50 - Elbowing , 2 min (PP)
1 - CWK Chapman, 13:57 - Holding , 2 min (PP)
1 - KAM Ellerby, 14:35 - Elbowing , 2 min (PP)
1 - KAM Served By Rowley, 15:42 - Too Many Men , 2 min (PP)
1 - KAM Macias, 16:54 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
2 - KAM Macias, 4:36 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
2 - KAM Rohac, 7:42 - Interference , 2 min (PP)
2 - CWK Smuk, 14:16 - Slashing , 2 min (PP)
2 - KAM Kassian, 17:07 - Boarding , 2 min (PP)
3 - CWK Maetche, 1:09 - Holding , 2 min (PP)
3 - KAM Bartley, 7:01 - Tripping , 2 min (PP)
3 - CWK Aspenlind, 8:54 - Interference , 2 min (PP)
3 - KAM Ellerby, 19:35 - Hooking , 2 min (PP)
Three Stars
1. KAM - 17 Juuso Puustinen
2. KAM - 19 Brock Nixon
3. CWK - 11 Mark Santorelli
Also of note this was Flettes first Whl win :groovy:

Coyote14
11-13-2006, 05:06 PM
I thought the Blazers put in a better effort than you make it sound. They had way more quality scoring chances than Chilliwack although we had more shots. Kamloops was obviously the better team out there. The only time the Bruins could really hold any pressure was on the powerplay. I thought Kassian played really well for Kamloops as well as Santorelli for Chilliwack.

That was the loudest I've heard the Interior Savings Centre for a regular season game. Normally I'm used to the fans clapping along to some songs but they were actually taunting Jim Watt and yelling Let's go Blazers that night. It was fun competing with them whenever we scored or when they were cheering. I'll be coming back to Kamloops for another game or two this season forsure.