PDA

View Full Version : New Favorite Player

smackitsakic
02-21-2005, 10:53 AM
I got the opportunity to go to the Warriors/Pats game in Moose Jaw on Saturday night. First off, if that was a "good" Pats/Warriors game, which is what i heard, then our rivalry with Medicine Hat is way more entertaining. Heck, our rivalry with any team in the Central is more entertaining.
Regina is one of the worst teams i've seen in a long time. Moose Jaw totally dominated all night, that's right, Moose Jaw showing total domination...what the. With five minutes left in the third period, Joey Perricone still had ice in front of him that was untouched from the zamboni's runover; can't say i've ever seen that before. The building was pretty loud, but nothing to playoff time. All in all pretty disappointed in the game. It was worth going to just to see the two teams battle it out, but not many Regina fans were there and both teams looked to be too young to get real dirty in the corners and the creases.
Big #12 of the MJ Warriors, holy cow is this kid good. McCardell has got serious game. All this talk about Brule, boy o boy, how about starting some talk on McCardell? His shot is electric and his hussle is outstanding. Regina could not keep up with him and him alone all night. His defensive presence is there, and every steal he gets he's either streaking up the center of the ice on a 1 on 2 where he managed to burn the defenders to the outside, or, he uses the boards to get it out of his zone, then puts his head down and the jets are ignited. The defensemen didn't have a clue what to do. If they get the puck he bumps them off it and it's a breakaway, if they play the body he just goes by them. Maybe it was Reginas inability to play a decent hockey game that allowed McCardell to stand out so much, but even so, it is clear to see that he has a ton of potential. If he had somebody a little bit better to play with, it'd be pure gold. Yes, Marjamaki is alright, i don't mind him, but he sure likes to keep the puck to himself and stuff it short side which didn't work once that night despite his 5 or 6 attempts. Heads up in the East b/c i'm a believer that he has now passed Setoguchi (who is no slouch himself) for the best youngster in the division.

Scout
02-21-2005, 11:06 AM
McArdle has always stood out to me. The guy woke up alot of scouts at The Top Prospects game. He had an awesome game and was named player of the game for Team Davidson. This guy can do it all. Score, plays good defensive hockey and can fight if need be. I think he may go pretty high if and when there is a draft. At 5'11" 195 lbs. size should not be a factor. Good pick up by Moose Jaw.

Scout