PDA

View Full Version : Franson to miss ten or eleven games (Repik about the same)

N.W. Bruin
11-13-2006, 09:34 PM
World Junior Camp is opening on Sunday, December 10th in Calgary. Giants play on Friday and Saturday December 8th & 9th so very doubtful Franson will be available for the second of those games and maybe not even the first. Tournament ends the 5th of January so likely will be back after his break from the tournament on Friday January 12th. Assuming given six days off and not more.

Hunt24
11-13-2006, 10:20 PM
According to HockeyCanada, players ARRIVE on the 10th with on-ice sessions slated for later that day. I'm pretty sure Franson will play in both games on the 8th and 9th.

Knuckles Muldoon
11-14-2006, 02:52 AM
I gotta admit, it puts a real damper on those two games with Everett on Dec. 15 & 16. No Franson, no Mueller, no Irving. I'm not so sure about Repik; he's not playing up to par these days. Would it be crazy suggest that Watt might be in line for an invite?

Beaner
11-14-2006, 09:37 AM
Would it be crazy suggest that Watt might be in line for an invite?

Yes it would be crazy.

Hunt24
11-14-2006, 12:52 PM
For a player to get an invite to this camp they have had to attended the summer camp, so Watt is a no go. Repik might be in trouble in terms of making the team, but we'll see.

What about Blum? Is there any chance he makes the US roster or at least gets an invite?

GF71
11-14-2006, 01:16 PM
Yes it would be crazy.
I'd say a little more than crazy. Boogaard'd

iggy_23
11-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Actually you dont have to attend the summer camp to be invited to the december camp. Last year Pogge wasent at the summer camp and the year before that Jeff Glass wasent at the summer camp either.

Hunt24
11-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Right, my bad. But if you are invited and turn down the invitation (a la Gilbert Brule) you're not eligible for the December camp.

Hunt24
11-14-2006, 01:47 PM
He's had a great start, but Cody will still be in a tough spot to make team. They return five defence from last year: Kris Russell, Marc Staal, Ryan Parent, Kris Letang, Luc Bourdon.

So, assuming those guys are locks (which isn't guaranteed), that leaves two spots open to

Karl Alzner
John de Gray
Keaton Ellerby
Cody Franson
Marc-Andred Gragnani
Scott Jackson
Dustin Kohn
Patrick McNeill
Ben Shutron
Marc-Eduourd Vlasic
Ty Wishart

Vlasic is still in the NHL logging healthy minutes, so the odds of him coming to the team are slim. That leaves 10 guys fighting for 2 spots. Cody's offensive numbers have been really strong, so that should work well for him. The team could opt for Wishart or Jackson or Ellerby.

Let's hope Cody makes it.

Beaner
11-14-2006, 01:53 PM
What about Blum? Is there any chance he makes the US roster or at least gets an invite?

I would have to say it's a long shot. He is only 17 after all, and the US not only has a deep potential roster, they do lean to players playing within their College and NTDP program.

Under-18 Tournament in April he should be invited to, but hopefully the Giants are still playing hockey when that comes around. :)

Swando
11-21-2006, 05:23 AM
Franson is a lock at being on the Team Canada roster. Mikkelsen --not a chance... Hate to see both even trying out as that means games missed for the Giants
Repik - tough call next 2 weeks will tell ( to many empty netters so far)

Jon Blum is the smartest D person on the Giants!! If he was 6' 200 lb he'd be on the US National team NOW. I hope he still will be .. An awesome prospect