PDA

View Full Version : Fred Meyer US Div. Scholarship Fund

Tipped Off
11-15-2006, 05:13 PM
The Seattle Thunderbirds, and the US Division of the WHL, are excited to welcome Fred Meyer as the title sponsor of the newly formed “Fred Meyer US Division Scholarship Cup”

We, as a member of the Western Hockey League, pride ourselves in not only preparing our players for a career the NHL, but in creating opportunities for players after they are done playing hockey. To accomplish this each player receives one full year of financial support for their education including tuition, books and other fees for every season they play in the WHL. The WHL education program has provided over 2,300 scholarships and nearly $8,000,000 since it’s inception in 1983.

Fred Meyer understands the importance of this, so we have worked together to create the “Fred Meyer US Division Scholarship Cup”. To make this truly a U.S. Division Cup, only games between the U.S. Division teams count in the separate standings created just for the Cup. Each team is awarded two points for a win - period. There are no overtime or shootout points awarded.

To kick off the challenge, each US Division team has received a $2,000 donation from Fred to that team’s scholarship fund. The U.S. Division team that wins the Scholarship Cup point standings at the end of the year will receive an additional $3,000 donation from Fred Meyer to that team’s scholarship fund.

Thank you again to Fred Meyer for supporting Western Hockey League and our players in their preparation for life after hockey.

Fred Meyer U.S. Division Scholarship Cup Point System
• Only games between U.S. Division teams count in the standings
• Team receive 2 points for a win
• No points are awarded to the losing team for taking a game into overtime
• Each team receives a $2,000 donation from Fred Meyer to that team’s scholarship fund
• The team that wins the Scholarship Cup point standings receives an additional $3,000 donation from Fred Meyer to that team’s scholarship fund.

HAF
11-15-2006, 07:11 PM
I'll sticky this and lets keep a tally. Last time I checked Everett was first and the Am's were in second. I'll look into it further and we can do a weekly tally.

Kristi
11-15-2006, 11:47 PM
I'll sticky this and lets keep a tally. Last time I checked Everett was first and the Am's were in second. I'll look into it further and we can do a weekly tally.

Here are the standings as of 11/13/06

Standings as of November 13, 2006

Team
GP
W
L
Pts

Tri-City Americans

Everett Silvertips

Spokane Chiefs

Seattle Thunderbirds

Portland Winter Hawks