PDA

View Full Version : Now or Never?

Ti-girl
11-16-2006, 09:46 AM
I was watching the Blades/Tigers broadcaset on Shaw and the announcers kept repeating that "It was now or never" for the Tigers. And about how this was the year for the Tigers to make a run for the Memorial Cup and then it will be years of rebuilding.

What do you think?

Personally, I think that while this year the Tigers do have a great chance, the drafting has been strong enough that next year and the year after's teams should still be realitvly strong.

Sure, Russell, Helm, Dorsett, Keetley and Stevens will be gone, but I think that the Tigers managment will do what they did with the 04-05 team and keep two blueliners (like they did with Marr and Blanshan) and then one OA forward.

With Ennis, Lowry, Swystun, Benfeld and Glass staying on the team and Holfeld who has proved that he can play I think that the Tigers won't really go through a "rebuilding phase" (wasn't that supposed to be last year anyway?) but will just keep replacing their top players that have left with ones they have built from within their club.

Just my 2 cents...

bandwagonboy
11-16-2006, 06:19 PM
I believe there is the strong possiblity that schlemko will be here next year as well. His defence has been ok the last few games, but he still has a long ways to go in that department.

Willy has the uncanny ablity to find talent late in the bantam draft. Of all our main contributers, I'm pretty sure that only benfeld is a first rounder. I'm waiting to be corrected however.

There is no telling just how good players like Ennis, Lowery, Bosch, Wasden and others will be. I doubt that next year will be as good as this year, but the tigers will be great again after the 2006/2007 season.

Tiger Trauma
11-17-2006, 01:24 PM
I agree, i was thinking that alot of people expect us next year to not really accomplish much. We will lose some key guys, but we will also retain a bunch of core/key, up and coming players.

Players like wasden , lowry, ennis, grant, swystun, Cameron,Bendfeld, Glass,Bosch, Ishwerwood, Brown, Holfeld will know what it takes to win. PLus there are reports tyler gron will play here next season.

Our goaltending, and forwards appear to be a real solid group. Depending on the overager situation we could dress a solid top4 d-man as well.

Unless you really know or follow the team, alot of people may judge us on what players we lose. That could be the fuel we need to succeed.

We may not be as talented, or as fast as this year's team, but will still pack a punch. We can speculate all we want howerver, we won't really know what were capable of until next year comes.

bandwagonboy
11-17-2006, 06:13 PM
Everyone said this team would collapse after Meyer and Macarthur left. Helm and Dorsett stepped into their roles and maybe even exceeded them. This team's level of success will depend on whether or not guys like Ennis and Bosch can step into Dorsett and Helm's roles when they leave.

I'm not going to write them off next season. I'm also not planning the victory parade either.

CatFan
11-17-2006, 06:24 PM
His name is Cody Cameron (at least if my memory serves me right) and he looked terrific in exhibition play this year.

Tiger9
11-18-2006, 09:29 AM
His name is Cody Cameron (at least if my memory serves me right) and he looked terrific in exhibition play this year.

I think its actually Kody Carlson (sp)! The next Russell......hopefully!!