PDA

View Full Version : Cougars bring Terry Simpson onboard

Sput
11-17-2006, 11:33 PM

Nov 17 2006

Cougars Welcome Simpson

PRINCE GEORGE, BC- In a continuing effort to offer our fans a top product, the Prince George Cougars are pleased to announce they have invited Terry Simpson to work with the organization as a Team Consultant.

Terry, through his extensive experience in both the WHL and NHL, brings a wealth of hockey knowledge to the Cougars. Terry will be joining the Cougars in Prince George on November 21, where he will remain for the week.

Rick Brodsky states, “I have known Terry for almost thirty years. He has a proven track record in hockey and we feel that his input will be an asset to our organization.”

Sput
11-17-2006, 11:40 PM
MAkes me wonder what this means. Is Simpson going to be as advertised, a 'consultant' or is this a step to bringing him on as GM or as head coach? He definately brings more actual experience than anyone we've ever seen here before. Head coach of the Islanders ('86-'88), Flyers (93-94) and the Jets (94-96), not to mention being head coach of the PA Raiders from 72-86 and the Rebles in 98-99. Hopefully this isn't just a stop gap measure and a true attempt to right this ship.

old_time_hockey
11-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Perhaps they will use him as a consultant for now and help in the search and short listing a new head coach.

If that is the case, that sounds like the smartest thing Brodsky has done in awhile.

Cougar Guy
11-18-2006, 05:18 PM
Perhaps they will use him as a consultant for now and help in the search and short listing a new head coach.

If that is the case, that sounds like the smartest thing Brodsky has done in awhile.

That is what I was thinking as well. I almost get the sense from the article in the Citizen that the ball is in Simpson's court and that his role with the team could almost be decided by him. It sounds like Brodsky is certainly willing to see how things develop and maybe, just maybe, Simpson will find a place within the organization on a more than "casual" basis. It certainly would be beneficial to have someone with that level of experience be working with the organization in some meaningful capacity.