PDA

View Full Version : whats up ...

frontrow fan
11-18-2006, 11:49 AM
does anyone know why Mike Cann was sitting in the crowd drinking beer last nite when he should have been up in the press box with the other scratches?? Just curious????( not that I missed him on the ice... but was just wondering if he was that far into the dog house....) Boogaard'd

SectionNDeserter
11-18-2006, 02:48 PM
He wasn't mentioned in the scratches at the beginning of the game, my guess is that he has been released.

Tinner
11-18-2006, 09:34 PM
According to the paper, he was a healthy scratch. Normally, Meachem (Advocate sports editor) has a reasonable handle on the back room stuff thats happening with the Rebels and I'm sure he only reports what he has been told.

That said, I think if he was released, we would know about it and if he wasn't, which is what has been reported, its unfair and wrong that it has been said "he's in the stands drinking beer", as I doubt as a healthy scratch he would be drinking beer publicly while still a member of the Rebels.

tiny
11-19-2006, 08:28 AM
I think you are right. He wouldn't have been sitting in the stands drinking beer if he was still a Rebel. So, if he was ...

SectionNDeserter
11-19-2006, 01:07 PM
Maybe he was rehabbing his "Molson Muscle" :D. I don't know what it is with that guy, his skating definately isn't good enough for him to be in the WHL, but he hasn't made a lot of plays that result in goals for the other team, like past defensemen we have had. But it is hard not to notice the fact that we have lost almost every game that he was in the lineup for, and won almost every game where he was a scratch.

frontrow fan
11-19-2006, 06:31 PM
Well...i don't know what's up with Cann... maybe he didn't think anyone would know who he was, but he was sitting just to my right, and he was drinking, so....that's why I asked...I would imagine if he was still on the roster, he would have been in the press box with Reimer, Lynch, and Pieper...and like I said "i didn't miss him"" so Whatever...

RDRebelsfan
11-19-2006, 07:24 PM
he'll be more suited for the AJHL.

Rebels30
11-19-2006, 09:07 PM
was mike cann wearing a suit or was he in is street clothes?

If he was still with the team he would have to be in a suit.

frontrow fan
11-20-2006, 03:17 PM
he was wearing "street clothes"

mapletoft
11-20-2006, 11:44 PM
Word definitely is that Mike Cann has been released. Section N should be happy!

Shinyshoes
11-21-2006, 09:12 AM
There has been no official press release, and he is still listed on the website.....I'm not saying your wrong, as I have heard the same rumor from some pretty good sources, but still not official.....

mapletoft
11-21-2006, 05:29 PM
Agree, unofficially official! ;)

RebelsFan
11-23-2006, 01:01 AM
I wonder if they are trying to trade him? He is unofficially at home. Does he have any value left in a trade? Is he destined for the AJHL?

SectionNDeserter
11-23-2006, 07:20 AM
I wonder the same thing too RebelsFan. In my mind I can't imagine any team with scouts trading for this guy. But that being said, I said the same thing about Andrew Leslie last season, and Sutter managed to swing a pretty good deal with him.