PDA

View Full Version : It is the Oil Kings and here's the logo

beechnut
11-18-2006, 03:08 PM
http://www.est1979.com/png/picture-oilkingsLogo.png

Return of the Kings (http://www.network54.com/Forum/281106/)

RunTheGoalie
11-18-2006, 03:43 PM
Official website: http://www.oilkings.ca/hm/

And holy crap! Joining the "Founders Club" costs $2007 per season and requires a three season committment? $56 per game is just slightly ridiculous, even given the other things that come with.

Tiger Trauma
11-18-2006, 04:33 PM
They get 2 seats a game, so thats $27.88 a game

plus theres a few other things like free parking and stat/programs.

But 27.88 does still seem a bit high though.

beechnut
11-18-2006, 04:47 PM
It's a corporate thing, they probably want to get butts in the seats like in Calgary right off.

Hunt24
11-18-2006, 05:27 PM
It's an interesting promotion. Let's break it down to find the actual price of tickets.

Total Cost (3 year Committment) $6021

As a member you get:
(All values are estimated based on Vancouver Giants costs)
2 Retro 'Founders Club' Jackets: $150
3 Years Parking Pass: $700 (rougly six bucks per game)
1 Personalized Plaque $50
108 Game Day Programs $216
216 Tickets
($18.50/gm + 15% CLUB premium) $4595.40

Value Sub-Total: $5711.40

That leaves the following items with unaccounted for value:

1. Access to the Founders’ Lounge in the Edmonton Journal Club for all Oil Kings home games. Founders’ Lounge amenities include:
Complimentary Coat Check Service
Game Day Program & Stats Pack Pick-up
Private Bar Service
2. 15% off Oil Kings merchandise at Game On Sports & the Oilers Store
3. Priority access to concerts and other events at Rexall Place
4. Option on tickets to other Junior Hockey Special events at Rexall Place, and select Canadian and International Junior Hockey Events.

So those four items need to equal a value of $309.60 (the difference between the cost and the estimated value of those other items)

So, with the 15% off of merchandise you could recover most of that:
1. Jersey $120
2. Personalization of Jersey $90
3. Hat $30
4. Sweatshirt $40

Sub-total per person $280
Sub-total per year(2 people) $560
Total over three years $1680
15% discount: $252

So, if you fit the category of what's described above, the $2007 per year really has a premium of $57.60, or less than twenty bucks per year. It is a lot to give up right away, but the value is there for die-hard fans and it gives the team a real chance to ensure people are committed for three very tough years of less than great hockey.

Welcome Back to the Dub Edmonton.

scrunt
11-18-2006, 06:37 PM
I like the logo; it has a great traditional style about it. I just hope they don't go with bright yellow "dark" jerseys.

As for the "Founder's Club," it's a great idea, but they are sure making you pay full price for everything you get (thanks Hunt24 for the analysis). I would have thought that in exchange for a three year commitment the price would be a bit less than the sum of the parts. I didn't check if the price includes all (any?) playoff games, though.

Anyway, it's great to have a junior team back in Edmonton! :clap:

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-18-2006, 07:45 PM
Good to see they went back to the old name and logo. But wow very expensive. It should be fun to watch them next year, I wonder what players they will obtane from our teams.

Fight Guy
11-18-2006, 08:22 PM
My first thought....ughh. I would have liked to see a more modern logo. I dont really like the retro look...mostly the light colouring. But oddly enough...it is quickly growing on me. I looks like it will fit in the league well. I want to see what the jerseys will look like to give a final opinion on the look of the team. Excited to see an expansion team in the East for once!..and none of this 'I get to see a team once every two years' junk.
Now where will the next(and hopefully last) two teams end up? I feel if the league is to be rounded out, it will be by having six teams in each division.

OHLArenaGuide
11-18-2006, 10:22 PM
Very, very pleased with the name and logo and the nod to tradition.

nivek_wahs
11-18-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm really happy that they decided (by vote or not) on the Oil Kings. Tons of tradition with the team. Hopefully "Wild" Bill Hunter is looking down and smiling about the choice. Welcome back to the WHL Oil Kings! :thumb:

RunTheGoalie
11-18-2006, 11:06 PM
A nod to tradition in this case is just more of Edmonton's pitiful need to live in the past. They do it with the Oilers, and looks like they are going to do it in the Dub as well. A new identity for a new generation would have been preferable, IMO.

As far as the cost goes, the 15% discount at the Oilers Store is potentially meaningless as a bonus, as all Hitmen STH's get the same at Fanattic. If all Oil Kings fans get it as well, club seats or not, then the bonus is not unique to that promo.

If it is for two tickets though, that does change things considerably. The per game cost would actually be cheaper than Hitmen games in the club section.

Though Hitmen season tickets this year came with a club jacket, the same discount at the store, and cost 60% of that total per seat, and an equal or better view than you would you get in the club sections.

transplantedbronco
11-19-2006, 10:06 AM
People already complaining about price and you havent even played you first game yet :confused: Before complaining first look at what you get for $2007.

IT INCLUDES 2 seats and parking with all the other stuff. If you complain about that you do not deserve this team. :wave:

RunTheGoalie
11-19-2006, 03:53 PM
What's worse? Someone complaining about something, admittedly making a mistake on the number of tickets, or someone who didnt bother to read far enough to figure out that it wasnt an Edmonton fan making the comment before trashing Edmonton fans?

Watch you dont fall off your high horse, bub.

transplantedbronco
11-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Your right should have maybe read a bit more. But just so you know I like it up here and good luck trying to knock me off my horse BUB.

Broncs in RD
11-23-2006, 08:16 PM
I still think they should have went with the Edmonton Ice............Then sell them and move them to Kootney. Oil Kings to bland

hockey4
11-23-2006, 11:24 PM
i dont mind the oil king name. however the logo im not crazy about. None of there fans are going to have a connection to the old team, so all the young and middle aged fans will just find it ugly. In terms of the club seating, calgary is way better than edmonton.
-you actually get a bigger seat
-u have ur own concourse that not just anybody can get into
-u have ur own entrance

All your getting with ur club seat in edmonton is access to a special lounge. they will be curtaining off the upper bowl, so every fan gets the same type of seat and they all have access to the locker room level lounge.

BladeRunner
11-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Edmonton OilKings really sounds sweet, but after looking at the logo it doesn't look up to date.

Fight Guy

My first thought....ughh. I would have liked to see a more modern logo. I dont really like the retro look...mostly the light colouring. But oddly enough...it is quickly growing on me.

:thumb: he does make a good point, the more you look at it, the more it grows on you! :thumb:

Bertrox44
12-17-2006, 09:53 AM
That logo is ugly. IMO.

skinnyhead
12-22-2006, 02:18 PM
the oil kings logo still beats the Warriors third jersey logo haha

Swando
01-13-2007, 03:06 AM
In the 60's I used to listen to Brian Hall do the odd play by play on CJCA of the Kings Can't think of their regular braodcaster--maybe someone can help me out. I think it was a guy from CFRN?
Names like Darcy Rota, Doug Kerslak, Falkenberg etc bring back many memories

Former Oil King Fan now a Giant STH----Good luck Oil Kings