PDA

View Full Version : Blades Vs WinterHawks

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-18-2006, 04:59 PM
It's the Blades versus the WinterHawks, post lineups, game story, how bad the Blades lost, ext ext.

11-18-2006, 11:08 PM
The Blades beat the Portland WinterHawks 3-0 tonight. Prior to this game the last active Blade to score against the Hawks was Chris Cloud. I don't know what the game summary is because my comp wont allow me to see. So what is it? the shots? who scored?

Blades 4 Life!
11-18-2006, 11:09 PM
Steve how come you nevcer have anything nice to say about the Blades, Its either how bad they lost, how bad they got out scored... when you cheer for a team you always have to say something good about your team.

The Blades played very well tonight, we had 3 new players called up playing in this game: #3 Mitch Berg, #17 Jordon Braid and #26 Kirk Belyk. They all looked good tonight. Teigan Zahn, Klotz, Neufeld and Konecny IMO played the best tonight. The Blades got outshot but over the years it has been the same thing so it doesn't matter anymore that the Blades get outshot, it matters how many scoring chances you have.
Klotz and Jordan got into a fight and Klotz owned Jordan. MacAngus and Gabriel got into a fight as well but Gabriel took that fight.
The next home game is on Wednesday vs. the rebels, if the Blades play as well as they did tonight they won't have a problem and i think they should start Holtby. I have had aproblem of how Molleken has been doing the goalie situation. IMO i think that he has played Holtby to much. This is Holtby's first year and Neufled has proven himself to be a good backup. it should be a 2:1 Ratio of how the goalies play. Since Holtby has played so good at the start of the season everyone thinks that he should play like Brodeur, playing 90% of the games but we don't want to burn him out for the end of the year if they do get into the playoffs. Holtby has played 16 and Neufled has played only 5 games. the time i feal that Holtby doesn't play good is wehn its a back to back games, the second game he doesn't play good. i think the goalie situation needs to change.

GoBladesGO

Blades 4 Life!
11-18-2006, 11:15 PM
Blades
Goal scorers: Konecny, WIntoneak, Logan
Assists: Zahn(2), Visnak, Konecny, McCrae, Klotz.
PIM: Visnak(2pims), Funk(4Pims), Skrudland(2Pims), Klotz(5Pims), Cameron(2Pims), Logan(2Pims), MacAngus(7Pims)

Winterhawks
Goals:0
Assists: 0
PIM: Ariss(2Pims), Gabreil(5Pims), Jordan(5Pims), Sjodin(2Pims), Gordichuk(2Pims), McLaren(2Pims)

Blades 3 Vs. Winterhawks 0

11-18-2006, 11:21 PM
I'l have something good to say about the Blades when they have something good to tell me haha. Good to see Holtby finally got a shutout and the Blades finally won! Come on boys we will have a winning streak until wednesday I say yeahhhh!! punk rock

Blades 4 Life!
11-18-2006, 11:22 PM
ahhhh holtby wasen't in net, Neufled got the shotout.

11-18-2006, 11:26 PM
Oh I see well congrats to him, come on-line.

howley
11-18-2006, 11:48 PM
First Period...
Not to much to report other than the Blades being horribly outshot 14-4. Best chance of the period came from Captain Kyle Bailey who came in on a 2-1. The pass came cross crease to Bailey who had Neufeld beat but somehow put it over the net...not only over the net but over the glass and into the netting. I was impressed he was able to get under the puck enough to get it out of play. First goal of the game came with 0:00.9 seconds left on the clock. Zahn let go a floater at the net. Konency got a stick on it and tipped it between Mucha's legs to put the Blades up 1-0 going into the dressing room. Decent period from the Hawks, espescially since they did not get into town till around 4:30 in the morning. (Wierd scheduling by the leage...MJ, Regina, day off, Brandon, Saskatoon...day off. Why not put Regina, Saskatoon, Day off, Brandon...whatever...) I was impressed with the size of the hawks. I would think they are one of the bigger teams in the league for sure.

2nd period...
Off the face off I see a few guys looking at each other. There's going to be a tilt...who's it going to be...Macangus drop's the gloves...wow, nice, he doesn't fight to often...oh and Scott Gabriel from the hawks...Macangus obviously has a concussion and is not thinking straight for dropping the gloves with a guy who is 5 inches and 45 lbs heavier.

Macangus vs Gabriel
Drop'm off the draw and come in swinging. Macangus is outreached and outmuscled and takes a majority of the shots. I'll give it to him for having the balls to go a much bigger player and he didn't get his ass wooped to bad. He held his own but easy decision to Gabriel. (poor recap I know)

2nd pd cont'd...
4 minutes later Zahn get's a shot through from the point, poor rebound control on this one from Mucha as the puck squirts out causing a mini scramble, it squirts out to the side where Wintoneak has a wide open net and a few seconds or more to put it into the yawning cage. 2-0 Blades. Frustration on the faces of the hawks.

Fast forward to two minutest left in the period. The Hawks Viktor Sjodin takes a slashing penalty in an effort to knock the puck out of Neufelds glove. Draws a crowd obviously. 40 seconds later Frazer Mclaren get's called for boarding. It doesn't take long as the Blades cycle it around the perimeter. Logan blasts a one timer from the top of the circle over the glove of Mucha to make it 3-0.

3rd...
Not much to speak of in the third. Hoston had a great chance as he carried the puck into the slot and rung a hard slapper off the post.

Klotz vs Jordan...Heavyweights.
They line up in the Blades end, give the nod and drop the gloves off the face off. A loud cheer fills the building as the two 6'6 ers square off. They both come in throwing hard. Klotz went for the one punch but missed. They exchanged some very hard bombs back and fourth. Klotz pulls a domi and switches hands (kind of impressed me actually) and lands a few pretty decent lefts before switching back and getting the rights going. Jordan takes some real hard shots but lands a few as well. Klotz lands a few more and Jordan goes down after a pretty hard one. Decision - Klotz. Probably the best bout I have seen this year.

Goaltending
Game ends 3-0 with Neufeld picking up the much deserved first star. Stopping all 37 shots for the shut out and making some very impressive saves in there. Mucha had an off night but to his credit didn't have much support either.

Reffing
Savage graced the CUC tonight and did a pretty dang good job IMO. It seems like very since (forget who it was) was disciplined after the Regina game that the reffing has improved. Anyone else notice this or am I just dreaming things into existence? The one really strange call...I have never seen this call in my life. Ryan Funk (D) lost his stick so Macangus handed his over. The puck was cleared and Neufeld passed Funk's stick to him. Funk picked it up and handed Mac's stick back to him. For about 2 seconds he had 2 sticks in his hand. The hand went up and Funk was called for intelligible player. Never in my life have I saw this happen but I am assuming Savage made the right call...not that anyone would really know.

Special Teams
The Blades PK was the best it has been all season. Combined with a very poor looking Hawk PP. They had nothing set up all night.

Hawks Standouts
Mclaren is strong, decent skills to go along. Klinkhammer was pretty much invisible tonight which I was kind of dissapointed with. Nick Hotson had a really good game I thought. Probably the best Hawk tonight in my mind. Aries had a good defensive game. Frazee is something to be excited about for the future I think. When he gets some more meat on his bones he'll be alot more effective. He has alot of speed and really good sense of where the play is going.

Blades Standouts
Zahn, Cloud, Menei, The new kids all had good games.
Mitch Berg played like a 15 year old...looked a little nervous each shift he took.

Blades 4 Life!
11-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Reffing
Savage graced the CUC tonight and did a pretty dang good job IMO. It seems like very since (forget who it was) was disciplined after the Regina game that the reffing has improved. Anyone else notice this or am I just dreaming things into existence? The one really strange call...I have never seen this call in my life. Ryan Funk (D) lost his stick so Macangus handed his over. The puck was cleared and Neufeld passed Funk's stick to him. Funk picked it up and handed Mac's stick back to him. For about 2 seconds he had 2 sticks in his hand. The hand went up and Funk was called for intelligible player. Never in my life have I saw this happen but I am assuming Savage made the right call...not that anyone would really know.

Special Teams
The Blades PK was the best it has been all season. Combined with a very poor looking Hawk PP. They had nothing set up all night.

I didn't think the reffing was the best but i was still better then i have seen. Ya i think almost everyone at the CUC didn't understand the Funk penalty as well. Over all the years i have watched hockey i have never seen that been called. I don't even think that Funk even knew what the penalty was for. Savage called alot of bad Blades calls but missed the ovisious winterhawks penalties.

I was really inpressed with the special teams for the Blades. The Blades did a good job at not letting anything start for the Winterhawks on their power play and the kept control most of the time on their own Power play. If there special teams are the same on wednesday vs. the rebels i think the Blades will come out with a win but you never now..... gobladesgo