PDA

View Full Version : Any thoughts on THE CHYNOWETH BATTLE tonight in Cranny? C'mon! Respond Ice fans!!

Big Ern
11-18-2006, 08:55 PM
It's the first intermission just now, and the Ice have the 2-0 lead.
I thought maybe Swifty deserved the lead, cause the two goals the Ice scored were scrappy goals, and Swift outworked them.

Spungy
11-19-2006, 07:28 AM
it was great game, hard working with lots of action! I have to say it didn't feel like a battle of the Chynoweths though. the intensity just wasn't there.

Chipper
11-19-2006, 09:35 AM
I didn't make it to the game, fighting a flu bug. I listened to the third period and it sounded like the Ice just out played them and got it done. Like I said I was not there so can't say if there was family intensity going on but if it was me against my brother there is always bragging rights on the line. I believe that Jeff has won all of the battles except for the last game in speedy creek, I think even the matches when Dean was in Seattle went our way.

Big Ern
11-19-2006, 01:50 PM
It sounded like the goals were scored in bunches, so it couldn't have been very intense. It was probably a great one to watch for Kootenay fans anyway though. There is only one more Chynoweth battle this year. It'll be back in Cranny on March 3, 2007. Hopefully our Broncos have figured out a way to play consistently by then.
Congrats to you KOOTENAY! You guys have a very decent team, especially players like Maxwell, and Jaquemet...did I spell that right? LOL

Spungy
11-19-2006, 05:15 PM
I think you got that spelt right :D

we are lucky to be able to watch these guys play every night, they are wonderful!

I can remember times in the past where Dean has gotten in major arguments with the refs and things are alot more heated over things.... last night seemed just like any other game to me.

I'm looking forward to seeing the entire team healthy and on the ice!

Flathead
11-19-2006, 08:39 PM
How was the LaRochelle and Weins fight??

Big Ern
11-19-2006, 08:58 PM
I can remember times in the past where Dean has gotten in major arguments with the refs and things are alot more heated over things.... last night seemed just like any other game to me.

Dean is a very very colourful coach....sometimes. He's usually very composed behind that Broncos bench, but when he gets to the point where he's enraged, it gets real interesting to watch.
I suppose you remember the water bottle throwing show with Ref. Ryan Thompson in Swift in 04-05. That was AWESOME!! Dean was hurling those bottles harder than an MLB pitcher! He was really fired up!
I got a chance to meet Jeff Chynoweth here last month, and it seems to me, there are actually quite a few similarities between the two. They are both unbelievable general managers. Some of our fans question Dean's coaching, (NOT ME) but none of them question what he has done as GM. I think he's doing great.

Spungy
11-20-2006, 12:16 AM
it was a pretty even tilt. your guy looked like he hurt his hand, and the dentist was paged to Swifts dressing room during second intermission.