PDA

View Full Version : Klotz

Tidball
11-19-2006, 12:45 PM
Though by looking at my posting name you can obviously tell that i am a fan of fighters. But Klotz has REALLY stepped up his play recently. I dont know what happened, but he's skating better and giving a good effort every shift. Friday night in P.A. Klotz was the best Blade out there bar-none, and his efforts were rewarded with a goal. Last night he grabs an assist(played a great game with lots of hussle) and fought another 6'6er in a great fight. He switched hands and overall handled the fight really well. Keep in mind that Klotz is only 17 right now (18 in a couple weeks) and he'll have at least another season after this one to establish him as 1 of the top heavys. If his play keeps on improving as it is, then Klotz will become a very key memember for this team from now, till next year, and possably the year after.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Well that's great for Garett to finaly be recognized as a Hockey player, not a dirty fighter. Klotz is a great indavidual and I would love to see him in Saskatono through his 20 year old season.

Blades 4 Life!
11-19-2006, 03:17 PM
ya he totally looked like a different player. That was probably one of the best fight i have "Ever" saw. To see him switching arms probably established him into one of the best fighters in the WHL. he is going to be a fan favorite for years to come.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-19-2006, 04:41 PM
He has been a great addition to the team,the Blades have someone who is willing to drop the gloves and fight,(besides Skrudland) and that is still a good thing.

I remember when the Blades first made this trade to get him,and some people said that the key to the trade was the high 2nd round Import pick(but now it looks as if the Blades did a good thing in getting Klotz) because he sure is making an impact on the ice.

Trav
11-19-2006, 06:26 PM
From the games that I've seen he plays hard and like some of u have said has improved from game to game. Certainly a nice pick up by the Blades.

I was also impressed with the two new call ups in last nite's game, Belyk and Braid. Both had good midget AAA seasons last year and are off to good season this year. Now do the Blades keep them up?. I say yeah. They dont look out of place. Guys like Geric and Pattersson can be let go. Well Pattersson can go down to midget AAA for another year since he's 16.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
11-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Why do we have to get rid of Adam Geric? he has served this club for a while now and are you saying we must trade him? or send him down?

Blades 4 Life!
11-19-2006, 09:55 PM
But look at Haw, Crowley, Knudsen, Flatt. They all served the team and they got traded for some bad reason. The only good thing about trading one of them is wehn we traded Flatt we got Cole which he has turned into a leader which i don't think Flatt would have had as much leadership as cole has showen. Geric's chances of playing has just went down sorry to say but Molleken has to do whats right for the team!

Trav
11-19-2006, 10:34 PM
with Belyk and Braid being called up and not looking out of place, I think Geric has become expendable. Not saying he's a bad player, maybe another team could use him and give him more playing time. Just dont see him sticking around.
Braid and Belyk with more time I think could be decent additions. Belyk had 20 some goals last year which is pretty good.

Blades 4 Life!
11-19-2006, 10:38 PM
But does anyone know why they were wearing full face sheilds. They are not 15 year olds. do they have to wear full face sheilds in the league below the WHL. just wondering if anyone knows?

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Yes I think that both Belyk and Braid have to wear them when they played for the Saskatoon Blazers, I don't know why they wore them though? Maybe they wore them by choice or maybe,it is manditory for new players that are added to the team's list(when they first start playing) and have to wear them. this is just my opinon, so I am not totally certain as to what the reason was.

About Geric, I do think that he is a good player,but with the addition of Braid and Belyk,could limit Geric's ice time except I think that Geric was a healthy scratch last game,and I agree that some team could use Geric and therefore he could get more icetime(ala the Todd Panchyson trade)