PDA

View Full Version : Bc Lions 2006 Grey Cup Champions!!!

Soundy
11-20-2006, 03:06 AM
Congrats to the Lions! :groovy: Hope all you other WESTERN Hockey League fans were cheering for our WESTERN CFL team tonight!

nivek_wahs
11-20-2006, 03:19 AM
Congrats to Wally Buono, Dave Dickenson and the Lions... I couldn't bring myself to cheer for them or anyone for that matter... So here goes nothing...

dancing pi GO RIDERS GO! dancing pi haha (There's always next year) haha

Soundy
11-20-2006, 04:20 AM
"Riders"? What's a "Rider"? Never heard of such a thing! :confused: :D

nivek_wahs
11-20-2006, 05:19 AM
That's just too funny :dead:... punk rock... haha

Carebear
11-20-2006, 02:10 PM
C'mon and roar you lions roar, thats what a lions roar is for
from the mountains to the sea, you are the pride of all BC

rinkrat
11-20-2006, 03:44 PM
C'mon and roar you lions roar, thats what a lions roar is for
from the mountains to the sea, you are the pride of all BC

Here's the whole song! :D

www.bclions.com/themes/bc2/audio/roar_lions_roar.mp3

old_time_hockey
11-20-2006, 04:32 PM
I think McCallum's foot should be put in the BC Sports Hall of Fame. I mean it is a team effort to drive the length of the field to get him in fieldgoal range. But the kicker still needs to clutch up and make it a good kick.

And I think all BC fans now realize the importance of a quality kicker after last year and Duncan O'Missy. :mad: I guess we were spoiled for too many years with Looooooooooooooooooooou.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-20-2006, 05:20 PM
I think McCallum's foot should be put in the BC Sports Hall of Fame. I mean it is a team effort to drive the length of the field to get him in fieldgoal range. But the kicker still needs to clutch up and make it a good kick.

And I think all BC fans now realize the importance of a quality kicker after last year and Duncan O'Missy. :mad: I guess we were spoiled for too many years with Looooooooooooooooooooou.

How come Mccallum was absolutely horrible for the riders, but great for BC?

I gave up on the riders a long time ago, but its weird how players have more success away from the riders than when they were on the team(greene, Mccallum, Burris, etc)

old_time_hockey
11-20-2006, 05:36 PM
How come Mccallum was absolutely horrible for the riders, but great for BC?

I gave up on the riders a long time ago, but its weird how players have more success away from the riders than when they were on the team(greene, Mccallum, Burris, etc)

Maybe getting punted (oh what a delicous pun that was) off a team wakes them up and realize that if they want to still play they are going to have to get their act together? Hard to say though. That is just my theory.

Perhaps the coaching staff in BC as well? It's kinda like Slade. Pats give up on him, goes to the BCHL and then under a hardnose coach has the best season of his career.

Soundy
11-21-2006, 09:13 AM
McCallum was hardly "horrible" with the Riders. He's taken a lot of heat for shanking an 18-yard overtime field goal that cost the Riders the 2004 Western Final against BC, but he also spent the previous 12 years in green - one doesn't have that kind of longevity with the same team if one is "absolutely horrible".

I think an 11-for-11 playoff record this year, and missing Lui's club record for kicking percentage by *this much* during the season, kinda speak for themselves...