PDA

View Full Version : Booster clubs

HAF
11-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Some teams have them and some teams do not. The teams that have them are the first to say they do great things for the Continuing education fundraising and all around support for the organization. The teams that don't have them claim they are more of a hassle and burden to the organization than they are worth. Also, this doesnt just seem to be a Big market vs Small market issue. There are big market teams that have them and small market teams that dont and vice versa. Anyone have any theories on this debate? This is something that has always made me curious as both sides of the debate make valid points, anyone wish to discuss?

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Some teams have them and some teams do not. The teams that have them are the first to say they do great things for the Continuing education fundraising and all around support for the organization. The teams that don't have them claim they are more of a hassle and burden to the organization than they are worth. Also, this doesnt just seem to be a Big market vs Small market issue. There are big market teams that have them and small market teams that dont and vice versa. Anyone have any theories on this debate? This is something that has always made me curious as both sides of the debate make valid points, anyone wish to discuss?
There is another thread on the same topic: http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=6919&highlight=Booster+Clubs
but your the boss man and I will just post in this thread as well.

Yes those are reasons as to why some teams do and do not have booster clubs,also another reason might be that not enough fans would/would not be interested,and also the responsibillity that comes with running it and making sure everything runs smoothly. So as long as yoau have these key components:Interest,support,and some other ones as well,I dont see why every team can not have one,but obviously there are reasons for that.

I have been on 3 road trips with the Blades Booster Club,with Blades 4 Life and they are TONS of fun.

HAF
11-21-2006, 06:35 AM
There is another thread on the same topic: http://www.whlfans.ca/showthread.php?t=6919&highlight=Booster+Clubs
but your the boss man and I will just post in this thread as well.

Yes those are reasons as to why some teams do and do not have booster clubs,also another reason might be that not enough fans would/would not be interested,and also the responsibillity that comes with running it and making sure everything runs smoothly. So as long as yoau have these key components:Interest,support,and some other ones as well,I dont see why every team can not have one,but obviously there are reasons for that.

I have been on 3 road trips with the Blades Booster Club,with Blades 4 Life and they are TONS of fun.

The topics arent the same. The othere topic was just who has one or not. This one is why teams choose not to have them.