PDA

View Full Version : Rebels Bus Trip Day 6-7

Shinyshoes
02-21-2005, 05:10 PM
Day 6

Woke up on the morning of day 6 and noticably absent was the snoring of RDReb. I took a quick peek and he wasnt in bed. Hoping history would repeat itself, and this time I could get a picture, I promtly got up and checked the closet. Darn, not There.

We had planned to depart the hotel at 11:30, so there was no rush for anyone to get up and get showered. Sgt.Zeek went on a big bender last night, so he was still asleep. RDReb, Tin-Cup and myself thought we would head down to the hotel's continental breakfast and grab a bite to eat. Nice Spread. Eat some breakfast, Kill some more time watching TV and board the bus.

We have a quick 45 minute drive to get to the boarder, and it seems our luck has run out. The bus is getting searched! We all have to get out, grab all of our luggage from under the bus, and go inside the building to get our bags scanned. The whole process went quite a bit quicker than I thought it would, because they didnt actually go threw the bags by hand, they put them all threw a computer scanner that tells if there is any fruit, guns, or any other banned stuff in the bags.

Everyone got threw clean as a whistle, except for 1 person. My Mother!@! The lady working the machine told my mom that she would have to get her bag searched by hand because she had an orange in the bag. My Mother's Jaw almost hit the floor, as the lady began to remove things from her bag. Everyone ended getting a laugh out of it, as the worker pulled out a Terry's Chocolate Orange, and proclaims "This machine always does that, but we usually only see them at christmas-time."

Load up the bus, and we are off after only about an hour stop to get checked. Pull into Everett, and after taking the scenic route to the hotel (Apparently I am not the best navigator in the world), we got to the hotel grabed some beer from the gas station (Still love that) and got settled into the hotel.

Kristi, A girl we have met online, and RDReb met at the Memorial Cup in 2001 had gotten a hold of us earlier in the week and we had organized a supper with her and her hubby, and the fans on the bus. We went for supper, and had a great time chatting with Kristi and Chad.

Finished up at the supper and came back to the hotel, where Jennifer Austin and Neil Johnson (2 from the WHL-Email list) were there. Had a good chat with them, and a few more beers, then off to Bed.

Day 7

Woke up today and RDReb is missing again. Check the Closet, not there again. Apparently he likes his early mornings. Good thing too, because the other 3 of us got to sleep in a bit.

Check my e-mail and get one from Rebel66 letting me know that As long as I lay off the beers, I get to be Cam Moon's Color Guy. SWEET! I had started to get the sniffles a little bit, so I made a mental note that I need to stop and get some drugs before the game so I dont sound like that on the air.

Tin-Cup and I decided that since we are in the USA, we should take a walk down to the Jack in the box to get a Sourdough Jack Burger. I saw a Jack in the box on the way into everett, and it was a ways up the street. We set off on foot, little did we know it was about 2 miles away.

The Sourdough jack burger was worth the trip however. and we started to make our way back to the hotel, and I spot a pharmacy. Go in there, go back to the desk and tell the pharmacist my story about following the rebels and being the color guy. He gives me some drugs, and tells me I should have a Prescription to get this stuff, and if it doesnt work, he will "give me his car"! Thats confidence. I swallow 2 pills, and before I finish the 5 minute walk back to the room, I am feeling like a million bucks. No free Cars for me!

We found out that our trip to the Boeing factory has been canceled, because they dont accept groups of more than 10 without an appointment, so we just have to kill time untill 1:30 when we go to seattle for shopping and the game.

Load up the bus and head off for the 30-45 min trip into Downtown Seattle. We found Key arena relativly easily, and got a good parking place for the bus. A big group of us decided that we wanted to take the monorail into downtown Seattle, and would take the 5 block walk over to the famous Seattle Public Market. What an experience!! Seeing all the authentic fish and seafood stores down there, and the workers throwing and catching the fish was a sight to see.

We grabbed a bite to eat while we were down at the market, and I had some of the best tasting seafood I have ever had, However the Market Beer is nothing to write home about. Ill stick to my Molson, thanks.

We got finished up at the market, and started to head back to the bus to drop off our purchaces and get our rebels gear. I had a quick catnap, and then got geared up to go.

When we got to Key arena, I immediatly started looking for where the press boxes would be, and couldnt find them. After searching for about 10 minutes, I finally found one of the Rebels Who was scratched for the game. I asked him where Mooners Booth was, and he pointed it out for me. We got Mooners Attention, and I held up my 'I Gave up Beer to be Cam Moon's Color Guy' Sign. He Gets a good laugh and waves me over to his booth. My Radio Career is Taking off.

Make My way over to the Booth, and had a very nice man who does the security at the Key arena take me right up to Mooners booth. Cam gives me the Quick and dirty on how things work, and what I need to do.

The Rebels Came out quite flat. Seattle has a big strong team, and it showed in this period. The Rebs looked like they went out trying to hit seattle, and were bouncing off. Seattle gets a goal on the powerplay, and then another before the 1st is done, and the rebels are looking deflated.

The rebs come out in the second fired up. Much better period for the boys and get rewarded with a nice passing play goal between Frazer and Wick, with wick getting the goal. 2-1 Seattle after 2 and things are looking much better for the rebels.

Pretty Even 3rd period untill Seattle gets a fluky goal when Barthel dumps the puck cross-ice into the corner and it goes off Kurceba's Stick and between Leslie's Legs. That Goal Killed the Rebels. All Confidence was lost, and the boys got another slap in the face when Shortly after that, Leslie Stopped a point shot and thought he had it, but it squirted loose, and Seattle Burried it to make the score 4-1.

With The Exception of the score, I had an AWESOME Time doing the Color Commentary for Cam Moon, and look forward to doing it again tomorrow. I didnt get a chance to meet steveo17 but he bought Sgt.Zeek a beer for me instead. All the People were very complimentary of everyone we met in Seattle, and I'm sorry I didnt get a chance to meet you all, but when you get a chance to do Color Commentary, you dont really pass it up.

After the game, we stuck around for a little bit, because some of the parents on the trip wanted to see their Kids after the game. We chatted with them for a bit, but having the coaching staff ticked off about how they played shortened the visit, and we were off soon after that.

Pretty Quiet after we got back to the hotel. Everyone is starting to get run down, and everyone is pretty down after the loss. We just sat around the room and had a few drinks and then off to bed. Hopefully the Rebels Can Continue this Win, Loss, Win, Loss Pattern on this trip and pull out a win tomorrow in Everett.

See you then.

Kristi
02-21-2005, 05:52 PM
[QUOTE=Shinyshoes]Day 6

Kristi, A girl we have met online, and RDReb met at the Memorial Cup in 2001 had gotten a hold of us earlier in the week and we had organized a supper with her and her hubby, and the fans on the bus. We went for supper, and had a great time chatting with Kristi and Chad.

Didn't your mommy ever tell you not to meet strangers from online? LOL! Hey I got some new freinds out of the deal! It was so much fun chatting with you all! :D

Kristi