PDA

View Full Version : raiders new site partially up

westbeach55
11-22-2006, 12:28 AM
the new site looks like it was slapped together by some amateur prob bruce vance him self, he should have just updated last site abit more, I guess we go back to crap site that won't be updated.

Zookeeper
11-22-2006, 12:41 AM
, I guess we go back to crap site that won't be updated.

What do you mean "GO BACK TO CRAP SITE"? The new site was terrible too. It was not updated anymore than the old one. Why can they not get their act together and have a half decent site? I never go to the site anymore because nothing new is on it.

Zookeeper
11-24-2006, 05:41 PM
What is going on with this site? It is up for a day or 2 and now down all week. Why would they not wait until it was ready to be launched. Maybe next year it will be right and updated. But most likely not.

Raiderfan_19A
11-29-2006, 05:55 PM
$50 program at Future Shop.
The new Site is being done by there staff because they didnt want to pay the $200 a month fee. Cheap as hell.
Welcome to another Prince Albert HALF ASS BUSINESS!!!
Fire the staff & watch us start winning.
Proof: They trade a 3rd or 4th round draft pick for Cole Simpson and ditch Derckert like he was trash. We lose a couple and all of a sudden it is Simpsons mistakes(I quote Don Mitchell on that). So back comes Deckert and suddenly were winning again. Who would have thought that the key to hockey is a good goaltender?? What a joke. The staff needs to GO!!!

Raiderfan8
11-29-2006, 06:24 PM
Is the new site partially up because I can't seem to get onto anything. Even the midget AAA mintos have a better site!

Raiderfan_19A
11-30-2006, 01:02 PM
I don't get anything...Just ugly lime green and a black screen with chalky white writing.

Raiderfan_19A
11-30-2006, 07:53 PM
Sample of the New Site...

http://www.raiderhockey.com/contact.htm

RIDICULOUS....They grossed 117,000 last year...

WAKE UP!!!

Raiderfan8
11-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Wow that thing is disgraceful! Have to wait and see I guess! nhl3

FELIX17
11-30-2006, 08:28 PM
Sample of the New Site...

http://www.raiderhockey.com/contact.htm

RIDICULOUS....They grossed 117,000 last year...

WAKE UP!!!

What do you mean by 117,000?
Wow! ol' Bruce has sure outdone himself. Does anyone have any answers why this site is as brutal as it has been. What about the site at the beginning of the season? I know it was slow but why was it scrapped completely? Maybe Clark can look after it....he might have more success running the team website instead of the team itself.

westbeach55
11-30-2006, 11:00 PM
bruce vance is an idiot, I had asked him about the site last game when it would be up and he sort of snapped back i don't know (ignorant prick) haha our site is a joke. the last site had a couple of glitches that were going to be worked out eventually. got to love the graphic of the raider logo on the new site haha prob took them two weeks to get that on there

Raiderfan8
12-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Worst Website in the leauge. What a joke! Check it out www.raiderhockey.com

SectionNDeserter
12-03-2006, 03:41 PM
Well.... the 1/3 or so of the page that is cut'n'pasted/linked in from other sites looks pretty good!

Raiderfan8
12-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Sabes or Wildeyes please ask Bruce Vance if you can take over the website!
Like this is getting ridiculous!

Sabes
12-08-2006, 01:03 PM
The roster on the site still shows us having Cole Simpson and no Deckert. Man they are fast at updating. Most teams would have the McDonald on there already.

Raiderfan8
12-08-2006, 02:40 PM
How come some of the roster is from the old site? haha

westbeach55
12-08-2006, 04:12 PM
we should write a letter into the daily herald this site is garbage and bruce vance is a complete moron there was nothing on the old site that couldn't be fixed at least give it a chance.

Zookeeper
12-08-2006, 06:31 PM
we should write a letter into the daily herald

What a great idea, maybe this would get their act together. I sent an email to the raiders about the site and received no response. Maybe a letter in the Herald would get their attention. Bruce needs to go.....

Dwight Schrute
12-08-2006, 10:46 PM
What a great idea, maybe this would get their act together. I sent an email to the raiders about the site and received no response. Maybe a letter in the Herald would get their attention. Bruce needs to go.....
good luck getting a letter into the herald. the herald itself is a joke. creating a poll on here might be a decent idea though

Raiderfan_19A
12-15-2006, 02:45 PM
The parts of the Site that look good I made.
The Raider staff didnt want to pay the $200 a month for Site maintenance so I was fired. They didnt even tell me I was fired they just changed the Server password on me and made me call them to say what the hell?

The staff is now doing it in office. (Looks like it too).
That is why the nice parts still have simpson & elder in the header, it is
also why Deckert is not on the roster.

All the graphics in the program and calendar coming out are mine as well and no credit was ever given.
I currently have a lawsuit started.

All because they didnt want to spend $200 a month.
BTW, Barry from Big Drum Media you are a F***ing joke! haha

Raiderfan8
12-15-2006, 04:44 PM
Interesting! If there's anything fans can do to help you in ur lawsuit just drop us a line on here!

Rick 19
12-15-2006, 07:11 PM
Wow...
If this is the guy who was responsible for the exciting website that we all had the displeasure of dealing with for the first couple of weeks of the season, its hard to feel bad for you. And what professionalism you display... Coming on a fan board and cursing and swearing and launching a lawsuit. Small community and a website designer who couldnt build a user friendly site that is occassionally updated, and now youre showing everyone in PA your class and integrity. Grow up. The team site is a disaster, but it was no better when you were trying to add bells and whistles. At least now I can see something when I go to the website (even though its horrible).

raider guy
12-15-2006, 08:25 PM
give the guy a break man, he did a pretty good job i thought, now its just horrible the rosters havent been changed, no new pictures added, at least when raider fan 19 had it something got done. dont you agree?

FELIX17
12-15-2006, 08:41 PM
Even though the site at the beginning of the season needed work, it doesn't compare to the garbage we have now. What an embarassment the site is. If it was me, I would be pissed also. I probably would have taken the same approach and let everyone know I got totally screwed. Bruce Vance is an idiot. By far the worst site in the league, maybe in all of junior hockey.

Five Hole
12-15-2006, 10:31 PM
Probably a whole lot more to the story than we're getting from Raiderfan 19A's version. Hopefully they've paid you for whatever your agreement was regarding development work on the site. If not, then you definitely should go after them for that.
I don't know at what point they turfed you, or if you were responsible for updating it as part of the maintenance agreement. I'm assuming the termination was early on, because given the pathetic amount of updates we were seeing, IF you were still involved and responsible for it, then no wonder they quit paying. If your lawsuit is based strictly on non-payment of the $200 per month maintanance and it was at all performance based, I wouldn't go throwin' a whole lot of money at trying to defend it.
However, if the lack of updates started after you got the sack, then you may have a case. We'd like to give you the benefit of doubt here, so maybe you can clarify it for us, unless you think it'll harm your lawsuit.
And, of course, if you had absolutely no responsibility for updating it, then I humbly apologize :D

Raiderfan_19A
12-16-2006, 11:29 PM
Webmaster ...not Site owner.

The Raiders wanted that exact Site and every update I was ever given was posted same day. Do you all honestly think I was able to post ANYTHING with out their consent?

As for dignity...look at that Site now. Why in the hell would anyone put that new crap and the old Site together?
By them showing this New site and still showing the old one that has not been updated since Nov.11th should show you all something. This is a WHL team, why not just pay someone else to make a completely new Site?

As for Rick, you are quick to talk, without knowing jack about the situation. Only what you see on the monitor. There are at least 100 people that know the what I say is EXACTLY what happened. I am not asking for anything except the Raiders to stop using my content as a professional courtesy, you would do the same thing.As for going to a fan board to complain, why not?
Youd tell everyone and anyone if someone screwed you for no reason.

I am still a Raider fan, I have nothing against the team, they just play hockey.
Deal with the staff one on one and you'll know what I mean.
(BTW, I cussed out BDM & not the Raiders, get your facts straight).
Anyone who wishes to know the truth and knows westbeach 55, ask him!

Zookeeper
12-17-2006, 09:52 PM
Webmaster ...not Site owner.

The Raiders wanted that exact Site and every update I was ever given was posted same day. Do you all honestly think I was able to post ANYTHING with out their consent?

As for dignity...look at that Site now. Why in the hell would anyone put that new crap and the old Site together?
By them showing this New site and still showing the old one that has not been updated since Nov.11th should show you all something. This is a WHL team, why not just pay someone else to make a completely new Site?

As for Rick, you are quick to talk, without knowing jack about the situation. Only what you see on the monitor. There are at least 100 people that know the what I say is EXACTLY what happened. I am not asking for anything except the Raiders to stop using my content as a professional courtesy, you would do the same thing.As for going to a fan board to complain, why not?
Youd tell everyone and anyone if someone screwed you for no reason.

I am still a Raider fan, I have nothing against the team, they just play hockey.
Deal with the staff one on one and you'll know what I mean.
(BTW, I cussed out BDM & not the Raiders, get your facts straight).
Anyone who wishes to know the truth and knows westbeach 55, ask him!

Great post, I am on your side 19A, I am not sure if you were dealing with Bruce Vance but I know he is an idiot. Why would they even want the site up and running when it is this terrible. The site should come up as under construction when you go to it. Never updated and the roster is incorrect. Just a disgrace.

westbeach55
12-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Wow...
If this is the guy who was responsible for the exciting website that we all had the displeasure of dealing with for the first couple of weeks of the season, its hard to feel bad for you. And what professionalism you display... Coming on a fan board and cursing and swearing and launching a lawsuit. Small community and a website designer who couldnt build a user friendly site that is occassionally updated, and now youre showing everyone in PA your class and integrity. Grow up. The team site is a disaster, but it was no better when you were trying to add bells and whistles. At least now I can see something when I go to the website (even though its horrible).

the current site is a joke, you might want to take a look at other teams sites in the whl. there was nothing wrong with the old site, it couldn't be updated till the raiders ok'd the info to be put on (which took forever to get to the webmaster) and your talking about class, how about firing someone without telling them why and just locking them out of the site. I think the thing that makes me mad is the new site they just put up anyone can go and do that, I would be mad if someone put up a site then used links and displayed my work on it. And for the bells and whistles every site has them and are using them, check the tigers site out you can watch highlights of the games