PDA

View Full Version : PATS Noticeably In Slump...

Big Ern
11-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Sorry for the information, but the Regina Pats have not scored in 9 consecutive periods!!
Here's what I think is wrong: The Pats were touted to be East leaders this year, and that got into the Pats' heads pretty good. They started thinking they can win just by being on the ice, and that's why they are third in the division right now, again, three points behind Swift Current for second.....don't get angry at me yet...when the Pats get going, they might very well pass the Broncos. But that will not happen, until the Pats get a different mindset. They better do it quick!
Who would have ever thought that we would hear Rod Pedersen say, "Pats just trying to score ONE goal here!!" Whoever would have thought that Rod would have to say this this year?? Well, I just heard him say it now, and I myself, cannot believe it!!! Thankyou very much everybody.....just for info....Swift Current SHUT OUT Portland 3-0 tonight here in Speedy Creek.

Big Ern
11-22-2006, 11:39 PM
Once again, I'm back to say 4-0 final tonight from Kamloops.
The Pats should be able to win in Kelowna...if not, there is something greatly GREATLY wrong with this team!
All I can say is, again, I hope Swift Current can take advantage of this. BYE NOW!!
I'M FEELING FOR ALL YOU PATS FANS!!

patsfan33
11-23-2006, 12:19 AM
goaltenders of our upcoming competitors must be psyched for shutout possibilities....

....wow, are we ever in a slump

we were thought to top the East mainly because of our strong defence, goaltending was supposed to be respectable and our offensive players decent....

seems like our goaltening is the only thing panning out right about now and more so reguarding Rowat...Tartaglione kept us in there tonight but i ain't gonna lie, two of those goals he clearly should have had--not that that would have allowed us to win anyway with 11 SHOTS ON NET!!!

...defence just plain sucked tonight...I cringe whenever Deck has the puck, cross my fingers when Teubert is on the ice, pray to god that Pyett doesn't give up the puck...N.Ross is starting to slack again at times...i think Schira and Deli are the only two that have my confidence

Reich took some stupid penalites

we cycle the puck, IF we can keep it in the offensive zone, and when we manage to get shots away the shots are blocked or far wide of the net

goaltenders are getting EASY shutouts

Hunt mentioned tonight on the aftergame that this starts with our vetern guys, individuals are playing for the name on the back of their jersey and not the one on the front...

unfortunately we can't even afford to healthily scratch some one at this point, cuz IMO, certain players are asking to ride the pine

aside from our tenders, the team better start playing like they give a crap and fast :burningma

nivek_wahs
11-23-2006, 02:59 AM
we were thought to top the East mainly because of our strong defence, goaltending was supposed to be respectable and our offensive players decent....We are truly going to miss Reinhart! He brought so many intangibles to the team. He was not a point producer by any means but he must have been something to this team... He had been here for a long time. Too bad he went home. Without Reinhart in our line-up our defence is filled with more of the offensive minded guys and no stay-at-home, shot blocker do-anything-for-the-team types.

Biscuit
11-23-2006, 05:55 AM
Sorry for the information, but the Regina Pats have not scored in 9 consecutive periods!!

Actually, Regina hasn't scored in regulation since scoring 3 goals in the first 3 minutes of the Chiliwack game. So it is 11 periods plus 17 minutes.

nivek_wahs
11-23-2006, 05:59 AM
Actually, Regina hasn't scored in regulation since scoring 3 goals in the first 3 minutes of the Chiliwack game. So it is 11 periods plus 17 minutes.I was just going to post that same information... you beat me to it :D. Goal scoring slumps like this are NOT fun :spineyes: .

patsdude114
11-23-2006, 03:55 PM
Well some people might not like what i have to say about this teams but here goes nothing..........dont get me wrong im a die hard Pats fan but......

This years teams is just a AVERAGE team, but right now were a TERRIBLE team... we need a HUGE shake up, this scoring by commitee just isnt cutting it we need a pure goal scorer, or maybe we gotta start looking at HUNT hes always looking for excuses for this team why this team didnt perform on a certain night. Yes Hunt is a offensive minded coach and wants the guys to be creative, but it seems like Hunt cant get this group motivated to compete each and every night....or do we question our team leadership and the heart of this team???

In the end we can all look at different things that is wrong with this team, a few new faces might do that.....but until something happens the 2007 Pats will be a 3rd or 4th place team in our division fighting for a playoff spot...seems like when we do score goals in a game thats when we light it up cant save none for another game.

Does anyone else maybe think this team is missing Hulak we've been struggling to score since he got hurt...kinda bad to say that a team is missing a 17 yr old rookie, does anyone else feel the same as i do with this team..

anyways GO PATS GO im still a die hard no questions there

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-23-2006, 05:29 PM
This years teams is just a AVERAGE team, but right now were a TERRIBLE team... we need a HUGE shake up, this scoring by commitee just isnt cutting it we need a pure goal scorer, or maybe we gotta start looking at HUNT hes always looking for excuses for this team why this team didnt perform on a certain night.

I think that even though we are in a slump, we are still better than average, nevermind horrible. We can put as much shots on net (potentially) as any team in the league, and our defence is top 3 in the whl, I only see Medicine hat and Vancouver with a better defence.

As I see it, if we can play on the same level as the silver tips, we are definatly an above average team, we just got to get our heads back in the game.

....it seems like Hunt cant get this group motivated to compete each and every night....or do we question our team leadership and the heart of this team???...

Our captain (deck) hasnt really made much improvement from last year(on the ice). Not sure about off the ice/in the locker room. He is the same guy last year without as much offence. Im not going to say get rid of him, but I wouldnt mind seeing a hard working guy like Kyle Ross become the captain if leadership is currently an issue. He has certainly looked like a better leader out there in my opinion.

In the end we can all look at different things that is wrong with this team, a few new faces might do that.....[B]but until something happens the 2007 Pats will be a 3rd or 4th place team in our division fighting for a playoff spot...[/B

Does anyone else maybe think this team is missing Hulak we've been struggling to score since he got hurt...kinda bad to say that a team is missing a 17 yr old rookie

3rd or 4th? This road trip has really gotten you down. :laugh: So far we have beaten every team in this division before, and other than getting shutout by saskatoon, we havnt shown much weakness to the others yet.

With the central division, with the exception of medicine hat, we are just as good, if not better than the other teams. We are capable of beating any of those other teams. The western conference should not matter that much, but Im sure that if we can match up well against the giants and the tips, that we can against any other western team.

As for the Hulak situation, it should be a big deal, regardless of age. He puts up alot on the table, and was one of our top goal scorers, so it isnt strange to be missing him at all.

goaltenders of our upcoming competitors must be psyched for shutout possibilities....

....wow, are we ever in a slump

we were thought to top the East mainly because of our strong defence, goaltending was supposed to be respectable and our offensive players decent....

seems like our goaltening is the only thing panning out right about now and more so reguarding Rowat...Tartaglione kept us in there tonight but i ain't gonna lie, two of those goals he clearly should have had--not that that would have allowed us to win anyway with 11 SHOTS ON NET!!!

...defence just plain sucked tonight...I cringe whenever Deck has the puck, cross my fingers when Teubert is on the ice, pray to god that Pyett doesn't give up the puck...N.Ross is starting to slack again at times...i think Schira and Deli are the only two that have my confidence

Reich took some stupid penalites

we cycle the puck, IF we can keep it in the offensive zone, and when we manage to get shots away the shots are blocked or far wide of the net

goaltenders are getting EASY shutouts

Hunt mentioned tonight on the aftergame that this starts with our vetern guys, individuals are playing for the name on the back of their jersey and not the one on the front...

unfortunately we can't even afford to healthily scratch some one at this point, cuz IMO, certain players are asking to ride the pine

aside from our tenders, the team better start playing like they give a crap and fast

I think that this game wasnt all that a big deal. We have not had a very pleasant road trip on and off the ice, with the water problems and what not. The guys are probably all in bad moods and are not quite at their best mentally and physically. I bet when we come back home that we get back into the groove and move on. If not, we can always make some changes, just as long as we dont damage the possible final product (next years team).
We still do need a sniper though. Perhaps we can pick up a 19 year old european at next years import draft, and we are supposed to have Juola(american draft guy) come over by then too, and I have heard good things about him.

Its better to go through this now then when its the time we have all built for. This year we have a pretty good team, next year should be even better, and the year after that should be pretty great too. I wouldnt worry too much about a bad road trip, and start jumping to conclusions, and wanting to make all these changes.

patsdude114
11-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Well i wouldnt say were a above avg team, yes our defence is 1 of the best in the league, but our offense is so off and on we have been shutout 5 times this season (CGY,MH,VAN,PG,KAM) we have lit up a few times where we have won by large margins (LETH,POR) to be a feared team in any level of sport u need the big weapons which we have none. We will hang in ther dont get me wrong but were just not that elite team to go to the nexted level of play and to be a team to fear... the only thing this team has to be feared is the team speed, we have no real goal scorer who is a huge threat each time he steps on the ice...

I really hope we can get back to our game i do like our team game when we r playing as a team, using our speed/transition game. Also our PP has to be better. With how the game is played you cant be going games at a time with missed oppurtunities on the PP.

But i totally agree with you on the Deck thing, I personally feel hes a waste of a 20yr old I have never liked Decks play, yes he can skate with the wind, but i dont see no protential in Deck, hes had his career year which was last season and yet he still went unnoticed by NHL teams didnt even get a free agent tryout, saying hey we realize you had a great season and were rewarding you to a tryout (even though we know you'll get cut) points dont always tell the whole story to your game, Deck plays too soft, and make poor decisions game in and game out.

Good luck Pats in Kelowna and Kootney on the weekend, hopefully we can turn this ship around and get going again and kinda salvage this road trip with 3 wins 3 losses

patsfan33
11-24-2006, 12:11 PM
please let us win tonight..please let us win tonight..please let us win tonight..

wait...

please let us score tonight...please let us score tonight...please let us score tonight... Boogaard'd