PDA

View Full Version : I absolutely LOATHE these long road trips.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
11-22-2006, 11:33 PM
No good ever comes out of them. Other than 2 points in chilliwack, I cannot think of one positive thing that has come out of this trip.

With Reinhart leaving the team, and the Pats going 3 straight games without scoring, the boys went from being thought of as supposedly one of the leagues elite teams, to a below .500 squad. We also have brownlee out of the lineup with a broken hand.

to top it all off, we are only half way through our road trip. Then we come home for 2 games, and then go on ANOTHER road trip, this one is 5 games. :dead:

I have not seen such a bad slump in awhile, even worse than our last road trip. On that one, we at least scored goals. Im not sure what is going on with the guys, but it needs to change, whether it is hunt changing things around, or parker.

This also shows everyone that we are in desperate need of a sniper, someone pure offence. I expect that if this performance continues, that we make a big splash at the trade deadline.

nivek_wahs
11-23-2006, 02:51 AM
This also shows everyone that we are in desperate need of a sniper, someone pure offence. I expect that if this performance continues, that we make a big splash at the trade deadline.I agree but I think that almost every team is out looking for a sniper (or 2). The way the team has been playing the last 3 games makes me wonder if something doesn't improve soon (quickly) the team will receive a drastic shake-up. I think a shake up is needed and has been needed since the start of the season (I'm not saying a 8 player deal or anything like that). I'm saying a deal that would make the players stand up and take notice that you play bad you could be on the way outta here.

It's been said that you are only as good as your leaders... maybe it's time that they changed up some of the veterans (not saying any in particular). The players seem to be very comfortable in there situation(s), and I think if the team didn't have the injury situation (Hulak/Brownlee) there would be some veterans sitting in the stands.

Parker mentioned before they picked up Reich that they needed more gritty type players... I still think that is the case. They need a couple older experienced gritty players that might be able to pop in a goal or 2 every so often.

nivek_wahs Christmas Wish List:
1. Petr Kalus to be returned to Regina.
2. See #1.
3. See #2.
And so on.

But what do I know?

patsdude114
11-23-2006, 08:46 PM
thats quite the christmas list but i like it....even though the odds might be better getting struck by lightning twice then Kalus coming back lol

nivek_wahs
11-30-2006, 04:00 AM
thats quite the christmas list but i like it....even though the odds might be better getting struck by lightning twice then Kalus coming back lolI actually like those odds punk rock .