PDA

View Full Version : Watching Hockey Games On Mute?

Toswammi
11-23-2006, 10:07 AM
What is up with the music at the games these days. I will admit that for a couple of games it was louder than maybe it should be, and they likely got compaints. However at points last night you knew that they had something playing, but no clue as to what it was cause it was barely noticeable. How can you create a great enviroment when you have nothing adding to the pump up effect, not the library effect. It was pathetic at points last night when between plays i could here Moberg at the other end of the ice eating those crunchy CCC fries.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
11-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Let me get this straight, the team slogan is 'Love it Loud'. Yet, there appear to be a few people who complained enough to get it to 'Broncos Hockey- Shut Your Mouth'.

It seems with the drop in music volume, a drop in general crowd noises can be noticed in the Civic Centre, and that really sucks. I'm hoping that eventually enough people will complain about the quiet and we can get the volume turned back up again.

I'm looking at you old man, two rows behind me. :burningma

dodywood4ever
11-23-2006, 12:08 PM
Wonder if the people who complained are the same ones that freak out when someone opens the doors. "You're lettin the heat out, turn down the music, tell the players to stop skating so loud". God damn some Swifty fans are LAME!

Link Dog
11-23-2006, 12:30 PM
Along with turning the music up, maybe we should have hot cheerleaders in every aisle like in the southern US NHL team rinks. Then lets see what the old geezers say. I'm sure the 18-25 year old male attendance would go way up however. Lmao.

Toswammi
11-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Along with turning the music up, maybe we should have hot cheerleaders in every aisle like in the southern US NHL team rinks. Then lets see what the old geezers say. I'm sure the 18-25 year old male attendance would go way up however. Lmao.
I think if we did that then we would need to increase the number of EMT staff on hand for the heart attacks it would bring on.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-23-2006, 06:49 PM
that is almost the exact situation that happens at the games in Saskatoon(the crowd is quiet,and does not cheer that loud) and it is pretty sad when you look at a city of Saskatoon's size,and how many people attend the games.

When myself and Blades 4 Life were in Swift Current on rememberance day for the game,the music was loud and the atmosphere was good,it probably did not help that the Blades won.

I hope that things can get back to normal and that the fans in Swift Current make the rink a great place to watch a hockey game and blow the top off of the Civic Centre.

I find that puzzling(that the fans are not loud,but what do I know? :spineyes: becuause the Broncos are doing great,I am sure the support is there it is the noise factor right?

d-man
11-23-2006, 07:01 PM
It seems with the drop in music volume, a drop in general crowd noises can be noticed in the Civic Centre, and that really sucks. I'm hoping that eventually enough people will complain about the quiet and we can get the volume turned back up again.

Right on! The rink sounded like it did two seasons ago. You never would have known we won 3-0.

My Rant - To the geezers who don't "Love It Loud" take your hands out from under your butt and cover your ears when the music plays or wear ear plugs or turn up Keeners play by play on your headset or turn off your hearing aids. Go ahead and threaten the board and the team that you'll cancel your season tickets - I'd love to have your primo center ice seats. :burningma

Anyone know what ever happened to the Champions group? I thought they were the voice of the fans. This fan says turn the volume back up!

Flathead
11-23-2006, 07:29 PM
This fan says turn the volume back up!
This fan agrees with ya. Also let the fans cheer after a whistle instead of another boring p.a. announcement, that nobody listens to. The players totally feed of a crowd, and at times we need all the help we can get. TURN IT UP!!!! punk rock

Big Ern
11-23-2006, 09:30 PM
Yes, agreed upon! Yell like crazy, like the guy behind the Bronco bench, and the other fans in Section E Row 3 there!
Our Civic Centre is known as a tough place to play, "where the crowd is always into it, and most of the time, the team comes out guns-a-blazin'."
SO TURN IT UP EVERYBODY!!! LET'S GET ROLLING, and once again, I say, LET'S GO SWIFTY!!!

dodywood4ever
11-24-2006, 01:07 PM
Its just sad when you think back to the mad house it used to be back 15-20 years ago. Remember when the Warriors used to come to town when Fleury was still with them. Or the CCC being about 1000 people over capacity during the finals against the Hawks. Wonder who greased the fire marshall? Everything looks better looking back I supposed but those were some crazy days.

Spungy
11-24-2006, 03:11 PM
wow you and your fans sure sound alot like us this year. Same complaints about the volume of the music, and the type of music.

we lost alot of our roudiness when we got our new building, someday we hopefully might get it back. i hope you do too!

Broncs in RD
11-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I hear ya Doody I remember going to those Hawks games with my dad and uncle, it was truley the best atmosphere I have ever seen just about 3000 fans(?) and it was loud. People standing 3 deep along the stairs..........those were the days.

Toswammi
11-24-2006, 05:51 PM
I hear ya Doody I remember going to those Hawks games with my dad and uncle, it was truley the best atmosphere I have ever seen just about 3000 fans(?) and it was loud. People standing 3 deep along the stairs..........those were the days.
would be nice if we could replicate that. Dont know if it ever will happen, but its good to dream.

Flathead
11-25-2006, 10:36 AM
three deep along the stairs and people sitting in the aisles on the cold cement stairs, the only room left would have been from the rafters.