PDA

View Full Version : Cann Released

RebelsFan
11-24-2006, 12:43 PM
This should make some people happy. Cann was released today as per the Rebels website. It looks like Cann's WHL career is over.

SWANSKI
11-24-2006, 06:03 PM
I DONT know how many people that will make happy but its the old hockey scenario, performance ,performance performance, Cann had a couple of good games but for the majority he didnt play up to par. Wahts everyone else think , is the reb defence good enough as it stands now. I havent talked myself into this being the case, I still think the rebel defence is not set.

SectionNDeserter
11-24-2006, 06:45 PM
I don't think this is the last change to the blueline this season. Lamoureux is more valuable as a forward than he is a defenseman, and Egener has certainly had his moments. Lynch and the two rookies that have been rotating in and out of the lineup haven't done anything flashy, but have gotten the job done. I think that Henry and Berube are ok, but they are maybe overused in some games, and are really the only defensemen that generate any offense whatsoever from the blueline (and are almost always paired together).

I think maybe the biggest problem with the blueline this season for me is that the only one of the bunch that has really exceeded my expectations is Kozyra (a rookie), with a few just barely living up to their billing or playing a little under it. When compared to some of the forwards like LeBlanc, Vandermeer, Betts, Pighin that have really exceeded my expectations.

Red celtic
11-26-2006, 05:45 PM
I don't think this is the last change to the blueline this season. Lamoureux is more valuable as a forward than he is a defenseman, and Egener has certainly had his moments. Lynch and the two rookies that have been rotating in and out of the lineup haven't done anything flashy, but have gotten the job done. I think that Henry and Berube are ok, but they are maybe overused in some games, and are really the only defensemen that generate any offense whatsoever from the blueline (and are almost always paired together).

I think maybe the biggest problem with the blueline this season for me is that the only one of the bunch that has really exceeded my expectations is Kozyra (a rookie), with a few just barely living up to their billing or playing a little under it. When compared to some of the forwards like LeBlanc, Vandermeer, Betts, Pighin that have really exceeded my expectations.
I have to disagree in regards to Lamoureux having a 3rd. year 19 year old player playing on the forthline is not good for this team. He is a desent 3rd or forth defencemen who brings some stability to a our backend I hope he stays there for the rest of the season.
nhl

SectionNDeserter
11-26-2006, 06:35 PM
I have to disagree in regards to Lamoureux having a 3rd. year 19 year old player playing on the forthline is not good for this team. He is a desent 3rd or forth defencemen who brings some stability to a our backend I hope he stays there for the rest of the season.
nhlI think he is a marginally better forward than he is a defenseman, and arguably there is little difference between being being a 3rd year player on the 4th line, and a 3rd year player getting 5 or 6 shifts a game as a defenseman (Berube and/or Henry get double-shifted in his place a lot).

Nature Boy
11-28-2006, 06:14 PM
I read in the Advocate that Brent had a trade worked out with another team for Cann. Cann refused to be traded and so brent sent him home. He is now playing in the Heritage Junior B League. He is playing with the Cochrane Generals.

Rattlesnake
11-29-2006, 12:04 PM
He is now playing in the Heritage Junior B League. He is playing with the Cochrane Generals.

I talked to a guy last night that went to the Generals game on Sat. He said Cann was the Generals #5 d-man - AT BEST.

Raiderfan8
11-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Is this kid really playing jungle b?

RDRebelsfan
11-29-2006, 09:12 PM
I read in the Advocate that Brent had a trade worked out with another team for Cann. Cann refused to be traded and so brent sent him home. He is now playing in the Heritage Junior B League. He is playing with the Cochrane Generals.

Well I'll get to see him play more then. Joy. Since I work with the LAcombe Wranglers of that league. It's funny too how talking with people on another board I joked that he should be sent to Junior B lol.