PDA

View Full Version : Broncos/Rebels...thoughts/predictions??

Big Ern
11-25-2006, 10:34 AM
Any thoughts from Red Deer how this one might go?
Broncos played awesome last game, and it seems like the Rebs are not playing there best hockey right now....however, they're always a tough team, with B. Sutter behind that bench.
So c'mon Rebels diehards...what do YOU think??

SectionNDeserter
11-25-2006, 10:46 AM
5-3 Rebels, they won't want to start another one of those streaks. :D

SectionNDeserter
11-25-2006, 09:56 PM
Drat, I was off by one!

Rebel66
11-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Hanzal: 5 point night but only 3rd star!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. Good choice. 2nd star was a Bronco with one assist and a minus 2 on the night. Right.........

Tinner
11-26-2006, 06:32 AM
I'm guessing the 1st star was the Rebel who scored 5 goals...lol. Now if the Bronco player also got a goal and into a fight.....he got a "Gordie Howe" hat trick and the game was played in Saskatchewan, he deserves 2nd star.

Big Ern
11-26-2006, 10:41 AM
The game last night was a combination of Ref. Rick Mercer trying to steal the show, and Bronco Daniel Rakos taking a dumb penalty with little time to go. Both teams played great. Swift Current killed off a full 5 on 3 with Hanzal, Sutter, and Starkov on the ice, and nobody could believe it. Then Rakos takes that dumb penalty, and finally the Rebels cash in.
I am extremely disappointed with the officiating in this league! Veteran Ref. Pat Smith did not join the game until the second, and in the first four minutes Mercer had the game out of hand already, in my mind. anytime you see both benches pissed off at the ref. like last night, you can about imagine how the game has been officiated.
In any case....GREAT WIN REBELS!! You have an awesome team.....however, I stil DO NOT...ABSELOUTELY NOT!!!! like Brent Sutter! SORRY!!

d-man
11-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Hanzal: 5 point night but only 3rd star!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. Good choice. 2nd star was a Bronco with one assist and a minus 2 on the night. Right.........

I'm sure swift's radio guys get a bonus if they can work a bronco into the 3 stars. They even commented on how the broncos kept Hanzal in check all night. Should have been
1. Sutter
2. Hanzal
3. Starkov or even Reimer who stood on his head a number of times and faced 35? shots. The first goal was garbage and barely crossed the line.

Rebels look good but seemed the effort wasn' there at times - thank you. Mind you four penalties in the first 3 minutes didn't help.

RDRebelsfan
11-26-2006, 08:54 PM

Homerism at it's finest.

Big Ern
11-26-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm sure swift's radio guys get a bonus if they can work a bronco into the 3 stars. They even commented on how the broncos kept Hanzal in check all night.

How often do you see the big Starkov, Hanzal, Sutter line NOT SCORE on a FULL 5 ON 3 PP??!!??!! They missed more than once last night!
Also, the Broncos have never lost five straight this season...if I'm right the Rebels have...just lately. And neither have the Broncos lost to a lowly team like P.A. this year yet. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Where was the "BIG" Hanzal/Sutter/Starkov RUSSIAN/ALBERTAN/CZECH powerhouse up in lowly P.A.? Were they all injured?

Rebel66
11-26-2006, 11:23 PM
How often do you see the big Starkov, Hanzal, Sutter line NOT SCORE on a FULL 5 ON 3 PP??!!??!! They missed more than once last night!

And yet that line still combined for a MASSIVE 10 (TEN) points in the game! That's not too shabby for a night's work. Not sure what your point is?