PDA

View Full Version : Time For Positives

PGFlyfisher
11-25-2006, 02:00 PM
First part of the season, the boys had been taking some heat from fans and the media and maybe deservedly so.
But when praise is due, I believe it should come as well. And I think the boys deserve some now.

Here' s some positives that I am seeing as of late.

1) ALL the boys are working hard again and as a team. I don' t care if they lose, just want to see some effort. That' s what I, as a STH, pay for and I feel lately they are delivering.

2) The D corps are finally, for the most part, healthy. 6/8 of them are "on the sunny side" of the +/- dept. They are doing a good job of keeping teams to the outside and letting Cyr see most of the shots.

3) Cyr has been sharper as of late. 2 Shutouts in a row and holds the Cougars' record for most SOs and is 2nd in the league in that dept. so far this season with 4. I thought he was the difference in the game against the Pats.

4) The forwards are starting to get on the scoreboard like they should. Hunter has finally come around and working his tail off! Drazy is starting to pass a little more ( wasn' t that a beaut to Hunter the other night?) Seto is looking awesome and I' m not sure he is 100% yet! Tyrell is playing like a vet of course! Deagle, Fuller and Gardner are playing fantastic which is adding some serious depth to this club!

5) There is finally some emotion on the ice. The boys are showing some definite heart and spirit! I guess winning will do that. Good tilt last night:edge to Fuller.

6) 3 wins in a row. First time this season.

7) Two thumbs up for bringing in Mr. Simpson. It shows commitment on Mr. Brodsky' s part IMHO. Some may feel it makes no difference, but at least he isn' t sitting on his hands watching his boat sink.

8) Puck passing is improving. Seem to be moving it a little quicker and crisper.

9) Power play has definitely improved. It ain' t exceptional yet by any means, but nice to see some improvement and promise there.

BOTTOM LINE: The effort seems to be there by EVERYONE these days. Keep up the good work boys! applause

smileyjones
11-25-2006, 11:47 PM
I can't disagree with any of what you are saying.

Not only have they won 4 in a row, they have outscored their opposition 16-3 in that span. Nice to have some good to talk about for a change.