PDA

View Full Version : Play by play threads during games

HAF
11-25-2006, 08:21 PM
Please dont do play by play threads during the games. This really clutters things and really have little relevence after the game ends. If you want to do the play by play threads do them on the white board please.

peatfan
11-26-2006, 12:35 AM
This is very prevelant on the white board and just takes up space. Hopefully everyone follow this request.
nhl nhl nhl nhl nhl nhl nhl

rinkrat
11-26-2006, 11:10 AM
Could a play by play thread be any longer than the "word assosiation thread"?
It now sits at 84 pages. :spineyes:

HAF
11-26-2006, 01:07 PM
Could a play by play thread be any longer than the "word assosiation thread"?
It now sits at 84 pages. :spineyes:
And it will be deleted at 100 pages. The difference is is that a word association game is one thread. If everyteam did a play by play thread every game this site would be a complete clustered mess.

caps05
11-27-2006, 05:16 PM
Please dont do play by play threads during the games. This really clutters things and really have little relevence after the game ends. If you want to do the play by play threads do them on the white board please.

Just out of curiosity, what's the "white board"?

ihlemic10
11-27-2006, 05:42 PM
A very terrible place. In all seriousness another WHL general chat board. It is known for some good info, but mostly alot of bashing and fighting.

SectionNDeserter
11-27-2006, 05:55 PM
Just out of curiosity, what's the "white board"?It is another collection of forums, seemingly created to cater to the lowest common denominator.

HAF
12-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Bringing this back to the top as a friendly reminder.

Tipped Off
12-12-2006, 10:45 PM
I do "game threads" for every game, but not play by play. The game thread is just where I dump all the info relevant to that particular game (articles, personal commentary, stats, etc...). There is no "in game" content on those threads. It just saves me from having to start new threads for each different topic about a game. I hope that's ok?

HAF
12-12-2006, 10:52 PM
I do "game threads" for every game, but not play by play. The game thread is just where I dump all the info relevant to that particular game (articles, personal commentary, stats, etc...). There is no "in game" content on those threads. It just saves me from having to start new threads for each different topic about a game. I hope that's ok?

I encourage a good preview as well as a good recap(Giants forum:thumb:) What I dont want to see are the play by play accounts of the entire game in a thread,Posts after every goal,etc. If every team did this on every game things would get very cluttered and it would be tough for the casual reader to wade through them all to get to their threads of interest.

dj-kris
12-12-2006, 10:57 PM
ours was one page and there was 11 goals in it very little updates mostly by one person then comments about the win

Tipped Off
12-12-2006, 11:03 PM
So in other words, "no Zamboni John" threads....lol.

dj-kris
12-12-2006, 11:15 PM
whlfans is on the air ooops i mean not on the air

Coyote14
12-13-2006, 12:47 AM
It's much better if it's just left to comments after the game. With play by play threads you are almost always going to end up with one or two people posting updates as other fans will be at home games or won't want to buy live road games off the internet. The thread started in the Chilliwack forum was meant to be a recap and preview thread for the roadtrip but just turned into a pbp one very quickly. Thanks for the friendly reminder, HAF.

HAF
09-26-2007, 09:56 PM
Bringing this to the top to give everyone an early season reminder.

hobster
09-26-2007, 10:04 PM
so is this why my post's were deleted am i not supose to update the game summeries